[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think GF abandoned the day/night cycle in Gen 3, only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 655x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 655x436
Why do you think GF abandoned the day/night cycle in Gen 3, only to have certain effects of it still be in place (for example, you can still get Umbreon/Espeon in these games, if you have Eevee level up in the correct conditions based on your games internal clock at the respective timeslots, but no day/night)?
>>
>>25746696
Time constraints.
You have to remember that they remade the game from scratch while adding shit like secret bases and contests.

In other words abandoning the things that aren't important and keeping the things that are.
>>
>>25746710
Oh and as for Umbreon and Espeon they had to do so or they wouldn't be available at all.
>>
>>25746696
No. They wanted to make it to unique to Pokémon silver and gold but Gamefreak change their mind.
>>
>>25746710
I'd say that day/night is kind of important due to different sets of pokemon during day and night
>>
>>25746696
No. They wanted to make it to unique to Pokémon silver and gold but Gamefreak change their mind.
>>
>>25746727
>>25746753
But they ended up bringing it back one generation later, and it's been a mainstay ever since?
>>
>>25746730
How exactly is it important when you could just get it at any time of the day without that mechanic?
As aesthetically pleasing as it was it was just a tedious gimmick and it was even worse in the real time games
>>
File: harshsun.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
harshsun.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>25746696
Maybe the weather-related events in the games had to do with it. In Pokémon Ruby, when Groudon is released, there is heavy sun across most of the region - that couldn't have worked with a visible day/night cycle
>>
File: original-gba.jpg (28 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
original-gba.jpg
28 KB, 400x299
>>25746696
>Why do you think GF abandoned the day/night cycle in Gen 3
That should be pretty obvious.
>>
>>25746989
I don't get it.
>>
>>25746858
Worked with the remakes.
>>
>>25746989
This makes no sense. If your argument is that there is that there is no backlight in the screen, then what made it viable on the GBC?
>>
File: 470screenshot1.png (3 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
470screenshot1.png
3 KB, 240x160
>>25747106
It's not just that there was no backlight, it's that the screen was somehow WORSE than the GBC when it came to actually seeing things. Hell, Nintendo made some of the colors in their games brighter, just to counteract the shitty screen. When the people who made the console are doing it, you know it's bad. Point is, making the games darker would've been a really stupid move, because they were already dark enough.
>>
>>25747698
>it's that the screen was somehow WORSE than the GBC when it came to actually seeing things.
You know this is literally wrong right?
>>
>>25747698
Many games on the GBA had dark stages and day and night mechanics.
That's not the reason why they weren't added and it's utterly ridiculous that you would think as such in terms of visibility the GBC was slightly bested by the GBA by the way.
>>
>>25746696
I'm fairly certain that games called SUN and MOON will bring back the day/night cycle completely. I just wish they'd bring seasons back.
>>
>>25748117
I hope they keep it as a graphical change, fuck looking for a pokemon at a specific time of day.
>>
>>25748169
I think an encounter rate shuffle would be neat.
I don't mind time specific Pokemon really, as long as they're accessible for 8-10 hours at the minimum.
>>
>>25748117
Fuck day/night
Fuck seasons
I don't have time to be planning my schedule around the game's bullshit, I barely had time for that as a kid

Gen 2 sucked
>>
>>25746710
>they remade the game from scratch
source?
>>
>>25748595
>le gen 2 is bad maymay
>>
>>25746696
Dat daikon III
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.