[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you like Pokémon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1456879722963.jpg (18 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1456879722963.jpg
18 KB, 500x376
I like Pokémon because of the sense of adventure and escapism, how about you anon, what about Pokémon whether it be cards, anime or games appeals to you?
>>
It's fun I guess
>>
That's literally a picture of me as a child taking a math test. Are you my primary teacher?
>>
>>25746128

I like monsters that are cute, cool, or better yet, a mix of both, which pokemon has in spades.

I like the Adventure and Escapism too but it hasn't really been that strong for me since Gen III.

I used to really like all the artwork before it got all plasticy and the character designs became super thin with big shining eyes. At least the trading cards have nice artwork still.
>>
The games haven't felt like an "adventure" since gen 2 remakes i really miss the mysticism that the series had
>>
>>25746128
I liked Pokemon up until it stopped offering anything significant to the journey. Now it's just a routine and not a journey.
>>
I have always loved animals, and Pokemon is full of fantasy animals with superpowers, so it's a nice game to me and i like the old anime (haven't watched the new one yet, but judging from what i have seem it doesn't have the same charm as the old one). Plus Pokemon was a big part of my childhood.
>>
Character design, nostalgia, fun game to play on DS,Card Design.
>>
>>25746205
This, it's just the same old stuff, nothing has changed in 20 years. I love the attempts at finally a new type, some story, and Megas, but it's still the same stuff despite all that.

They really need to branch out into a bigger journey with sights to see and all sorts of things, hence, console games. They wont though because handhelds sell far more, especially in Japan due to long commutes.
>>
>>25746128
Watching the anime every thursday when new episodes comes out is pretty nice. You get a chance to relax after a workday and escape from everything else. I stop playing new games after like 3 weeks so the anime keeps me in touch with pokemon in the no new game season. Plus the animation and the overall better storytelling makes it pretty enjoyable to watch.
>>
File: abra.png (2 MB, 974x1344) Image search: [Google]
abra.png
2 MB, 974x1344
>>25746151
Yes

>>25746165
>>25746286
I really like the card designs, moreso before they looked CGI. The only card I've seen recently from my old collection is an Abra, and while it looks a bit goofy the artstyle is nice.

>>25746184
The mysticism was one of my favourite parts of Pokémon before it was gotten rid of in Hoenn.

>>25746205
>>25746317
I love the battles in the new XY series but while I've only seen 15 episodes it doesn't feel like anything other than shit that was spit out of a formula
>>
adventure, escapism and catching fictional species in a fictional universe.
>>
What I can perceive to be the ONLY positive direction Pokemon going is in the line of Pokken or the Pikachu Wii games where the actions in battle are completely controlled by the player - but to a much higher degree.

Being a trainer is boring as shit, but I don't want to be in a Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon-Only world. Have the player have their avatar, but give them total control of the Pokemon. Turn-Based Strategy is ugly, overused and dated and there needs to be a change that allows for more user input - more of a challenge.
>>
It was something fun you could do as a kid. Exploration is/was pretty fun. It's more nostalgia for me now. I don't know if the new games are better or worse since I've never played them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.