[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So yesterday, in a fit of boredom, I completed the Regional Dex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So yesterday, in a fit of boredom, I completed the Regional Dex for Hoenn in OR. Now I'm sitting here and looking at the National Dex and wondering just how much of a cunt it would be to "Catch em' all". I have OR and X, but I just want a general feel for how much fuckin time it's gonna take?
>>
MODS MODS MODS
>>
MOOODDDDDDSSSSSSS
>>
File: 1433228719031.jpg (257 KB, 1440x812) Image search: [Google]
1433228719031.jpg
257 KB, 1440x812
>>25744604
>2016
>hasn't caught 'em all

Hello, mods?
>>
File: 1356556034391.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1356556034391.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>25744604
Enjoy your ban
>>
The rules say "gotta catch 'em all" not "caught them all"

Obviously go for it OP. It's rewarding.
>>
Outside of event legends, catching them all can be done quickly enough.

Just hit up trade generals and you can be done in a week or less.

GTS ban on legendariies when? Or atl east make it so only legends can be traded for legends
>>
>>25744614
>>25744620
>>25744648
>>25744667
How new are you? That's not how the rule is applied.
>>
>>25744604
>>25744683
MODS
>>
>>25744680
He's specifically asking about catching, not trading.
>>
>>25744604
4/5 months, if you slowly work on it to kill time, between one duty and the other. At least, that's how much it took me to get a living dex, but I also had several Pokémon in B1/2 and HG/Pt, so the past generation games helped me a lot.

Also, enjoy your ban
>>
Use the DexNav to catch every Pokemon you can in OR. Then catch the missing Pokemon in X. Use the GTS for all the remaining exclusives. It's entirely possible, I just did this a few months ago.
>>
>>25744604
I completed my dex a few months ago, probably took me about 100-150 hours of game time, but I was going for a living dex so I had to make duplicates for evolution lines.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>25745705
I think the living dex part is what's going to be the hardest. I'd like to have one so I can transfer over when Sun/Moon drop. And they're re-releasing all the event only legendaries this year, so it's all good, since I already HAVE all the other legendaries. Well, almost. Need Zapdos, Articuno, Lugia and Dialga. But I can get those easily enough through GTS.

Thanks for the info guys, guess I know what I'm doing for the next few months whenever I have free time.
>>
>>25744604
>210

You're missing 1 more
>>
>>25744604
Got 400-somethings between X and AS. After i catch everything i could in AS i started breed to get the rest of the dex, farmed a little to get the evolution items i needed, and use the GTS to get the evolution of those mons using the pre with their item.

I got the exclusive legendaries and event mons from other generations, though.
Now im waiting for Shaymin, Meloetta and Volcanion to have em all Until S/M cames.
>>
The legendaries are going to be the biggest pain in your ass.
I had some stockpiled from playtroughs of FRLG, and there were a lot of people asking for Articuno especially.
>>
>>25744604
With xy and ORAS? very little its not to complicated and afterward you can transfer it in the next game and not have to worry about filling the national dex for that game.
>>
>>25746507
The legendaries are the easiest for me since I have them all, event or not from previous gens(well not the gen 6 ones obviously). I think the worst for me are all the babies that you need a special item to breed with in order to get them. Or super obscure stuff with low encounter rates, that are so bad or forgettable that I never EV trained one in the past when I was playing competitively.
>>
>>25746315
I'll get that little star shit on April 1st.
Fuckin Jirachi...Holy hell, I have Dialga? When did that happen...Anyways, I guess I'm just missing Yveltal, Zapdos, Articuno and Lugia.

>>25746554
The biggest problem I had with ORAS dex was Dusknoir. Need a Reaper cloth. I wound up using GTS and trading a Rypherior for it.
>>
>>25746572
I had a Dusknoir from back in 4th gen, EV trained and all. That's how I got most fully evolved pokes that weren't completely unusable back then. Now I'm trying to make a living dex so I don't have to deal with the same shit in the future.
>>
for the living dex guys...

unless they're genderless, can't you just transfer a parent and breed for the baby?

sorry if i don't know what i'm talking about, just a thought i had
>>
>>25746554
>the babies that you need a special item to breed with in order to get them
Most of those are Incenses, and you can buy them at the Slateport market.
>>
Catching em all has never been easier.

Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>25746617
That's how most of it was when I filled out my living dex.
Transfer a fully evolved pokemon, breed one or two eggs and evolve one.

And the Mirage Islands are going to be a decent help to OP.
>>
>>25744604
Go for it. Alpha Sapphire is the only game I caught 'em all in and it was fun and easy.
>>
>>25744604
It's actually easier in gen 6 than in 1. Exp. share, easier to grind money, crit captures, and more kinds of pokeballs.
>>
Reposting from another thread:
Do you want to be honest about it? I was able to complete my national dex in X with the help of you fuckers of /vp/. All I needed...
1) pre-release Diancie clone (got out of a giveaway thread)
2) Ditto
3) Bidoof
4) Daycare
5) Set personal message to "Diancie eggs here!"
6) Sit back and wait for the bait to be taken
7) Show them I have a Diancie
8) Show an egg
9) Trade

I was surprised how many shinies and legendaries I got in trades, some from the same person. Of course, some would immediately try to trade back.

You can't ask for much easier than that. I completed it in maybe a month.
>>
File: 1458099554973.jpg (31 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
1458099554973.jpg
31 KB, 504x360
>>25746771
Satan
>>
>>25744680
I don't think the "diancie for this staryu" faggits could handle legendary banning
>>
File: 1426065646039.png (107 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
1426065646039.png
107 KB, 625x468
>>25746850
Haha I won't argue with you there. But if people got on the voice chat and asked nicely, I would give their pokemon back. One actually trusted me enough to trade me several legendaries with the promise I'd give them back. I did.

The ones who were pissed off and tried to battle or something like that though... they never saw their pokemon again
>>
I haven't caught them all either
:)
>>
>>25746938
I completed my national Dex yesterday. You're gonna have a piss poor time obtaining things like Politoed and Duaknoir if you need to trade mons holding items. I came up with a risky but totally usable method for obtaining them.

>Put up a bullshit mon like zigzagoon for trade
>Request the mon you want to evolve
>Be sure it's ready to go
>Save, switch cartridges
>Trade to self
>Haul them back via PokeBank

Saved my ass since I've got no friends to trade with.
>>
>>25747859
Also, it was risky at first because I originally put up the mon for trade that I wanted to evolve, like a dumbass. The shitmon guarantees no losses.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>25744604
Git gud OhPee!
>>
File: 1421120896785.gif (374 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1421120896785.gif
374 KB, 1200x900
I have a living dex chilling in Pokemon bank. In fact I not only have a living dex, I have one of every possible form and gender difference (yes, Vivillon included, no, not Spinda). And I feel empty inside.

What am I supposed to do now? I almost considered wiping it and starting fresh but that seems almost too autistic, even for me. Oh well, at least I'll have some new pogeymans to catch at the end of the year.
>>
>>25746572
Got an extra Xerneas? Ill trade you my spare Yveltal for one
>>
>>25749605
how old are you?
>>
>>25749706
>>
>>25744604
Not that long. A week, maybe two if you put in a couple hours every day. Trade evolutions are the hardest part because in ORAS you can only get a lot of the trade evo items from the Battle Resort, and you need someone to trade back and forth with. Stone evos are a bitch too but grinding out the Super Secret Training is only really tedious as opposed to overwhelmingly tedious. Make sure you have some Blissey Secret Bases for leveling shit up.
>>
>>25744604
Completing the dex is easy as fuck for the most part with online letting you trade for most things. The roadblocks are

1. Securing event pokemon
2. Securing legends you can't get in your games

Shaymin, Manaphy, and Darkrai are accessible through pokemon ranger games

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Arceus, Meloetta, Genesect, Keldeo, Victini, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion are not legitimately obtainable outside of events and online distributions. The last three do not count towards dex completion but probably will in gen 7. The unfortunate thing is you missed out on the cheats in gen 5 that let you use the GTS to fabricate any nintendo distribution pokemon, that's where most of my event legends come from.

If you only care about dex data and not about maintaining a complete set for transfer to S&M, you can get most of the opposite version legends by putting your version's legends on the GTS. You can grind a lot of runs to accumulate trio legendaries for trade fodder as well, the gen 1 birds in particular work well since they're really annoying to get in X/Y and unless you can transfer up from gen 4 you can't get them any other way.

Other than that, all you need to do is GTS high value and easily reproducible pokemon (popular HA dependent breeding stuff and starters work well) to fill holes in the dex, find a trading partner for trade evos and use the retarded xp share mechanics to powerlevel everything.

I don't keep a full living dex myself but I usually keep one pokemon of each line so once I beat a new version I can mass transfer everything to the new one.
>>
>>25749605
You could try get into competitive, try the official online competitions to start with some insight, then you go on from there.
I know that some people only likes the in-game aspects like collecting them all and only trading, but I always feel excitation when battling in official and fanmades tournaments.
It's more fun when you battle with a friend or some kind of competition instead of a random shitter, because you feel the urge to win.
>>
>>25744604
MAWDS!!!!!!
GET IT OUT!
>>
>>25746617
That's exactly what I did. I spent far more time breeding than anything else. That, and farming metal coats. People will trade legendaries for a Scyther holding one or a Scizor in a heartbeat. The only thing I had trouble with was event mons. Never did get Genesect, so I'm really looking forward to November.
>>
>>25746771
>>25746909
Did you do this to just /vp/ posters, or random people? Because if it's the latter then you probably fucked over a bunch of children. Either way, you're scum.
>>
>>25744604
Catch them all. Don't worry about how much autism it's going to take because the thing that's more autistic to do is to catch an entire National Shiny Pokdex
>>
>>25748068
Kill yourself underage namefag

>>25749605
Same boat here.
>have all the comp mons I need
>full living dex
Nothing to do until Sun and Moon.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.