[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't any of the following gens been able to replicate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: exeutor.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
exeutor.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
Why haven't any of the following gens been able to replicate the magic and charm of gen 1?

>Exeggutor, The Coconut Pokémon. Its three heads think independently. However, they are friendly and never appear to squabble. It is called "The Walking Jungle." If a head grows too big, it falls off and becomes an Exeggcute. Exeggutor originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight. It is said that when the heads fall off, they group together to form Exeggcute.
>>
define "magic" and "charm" in this context.
>>
File: 1456529884759.png (1 MB, 1534x2250) Image search: [Google]
1456529884759.png
1 MB, 1534x2250
Mega Exeggutor when?
>>
>>25744039
>Why so things I experienced as an impressionable child seem more special to me than things from when I was older?
>>
>>25744039
I think they sometimes hit it rarely, shit like Diancie being mutated Carbink I think is great.
>>
>>25744050
The Pokedex entries were worth reading, it made the Pokemon appear creepier or just somewhat more interesting

e.g. Exeggutor type entry is something you wouldn't see now because it defies evolution rules
>>
>>25744039

What? How do nonsensical Pokedex entries for a dull and forgettable Pokemon signify charm? The newer games have plenty of ''charm''.
>>
>>25744075
Do you even read the pokedex entries of newer ones?

Also you're nostalgiafaging hard
>>
>>25744075
The only one that comes to mind is the Chandelure line and all that stuff about consuming souls and leaving behind burned husks. Said souls are also doomed to an eternity of hellfire within These Pokemon.

Ghost types have persisted as the most creative dex entries over the years honestly.
>>
File: 1391662220810.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1391662220810.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>25744081
>anything from gen 1
>dull and forgettable
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.