[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Pokémon ever end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Poké.jpg (300 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Poké.jpg
300 KB, 800x600
Will Pokémon ever end?
>>
I predict 2 more gens till it loses to that other game with magical creatures.
>>
>>25744003
No. It won't ever adapt to an older audience through it's mainline games and it will never get a good console game.
>>
>>25744021
>adapt to an older audience
>mature games for mature gamers such as myself *tips fedora*
>>
>>25744003
The handheld game sales (save for DPPt) have been in constant decline so...
>>
>>25744003
Yes, just not any time soon. Within 2 decades maybe. It'll make it to at least the 30 year anniversary.

Tbqh I don't see how they'll sustain the creation of new Pokemon, at some point they'll reach a critical mass that just dilutes the pool instead of making it better. I suspect that one day the games will transform into more traditional action-adventure or role playing and eventually the anime will become much more popular.
>>
>>25744049
There's that meme again
X and Y were the highest selling games to date
Fuck off
>>
>>25744037
Don't be an idiot. He obviously refers to more challenging, less handholding games.
>>
>>25744003
The doorway is that way, you can use it whenever you want.
>>
>>25744003
No, it's a massive money making game. People can complain about how it doesn't appeal to them, but coming from a very large family, I have a shit ton of little nephews and nieces, and they adore Pokemon games.

The games are for children, and they have a lot of appeal with children. There's no need to end it. Maybe slow down production, but not end it.
>>
File: image.png (116 KB, 461x297) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116 KB, 461x297
>>25744079
This is a children's game series, Anon. No matter how many people on the internet complain every day, the majority of players and the target audience will always be children.
>>
File: flintstones.jpg (297 KB, 1164x651) Image search: [Google]
flintstones.jpg
297 KB, 1164x651
>>25744003
Everything ends. Most probably in 30 or 40 years more we will see this as an icon of late 90s and early 2000s, like The Flintstones, The Jetsons or any other Hanna Barbera cartoon is of the 60s.
>>
File: 1458626208543.png (164 KB, 966x817) Image search: [Google]
1458626208543.png
164 KB, 966x817
No. And one day you will die before getting to experience the next gen. We all will, just as so many anons before us have.
>>
One day it will, and when that happens the resale price for all your merchandise will skyrocket

>>25744062

Mario has been around since the early 80's so I believe Pokemon will probably be around for a decade or two more. If the pokemon games go out pokemon itself will probably live on in Smash Bros, make cameos in other Nintendo games and so on
>>
>>25744143

If that happened that would be depressing, I was born just a few years before Capsule Monsters was proposed and I intend to see the end of Pokemon as well.
>>
>>25744164

That's what we all intend, anon. But life just isn't that perfect. Just think about all the anons that will die over the next year that won't even get to play SuMo. It's a disquieting thought.
>>
>>25744003
All things must
>>
>>25744003
Not in the near future, no. Far from it actually. Pokemon is a cash cow for Nintendo. Just look at the past sales and you'll see. If they don't plan on ending it at all then they'll obviously need to rebrand it or reboot it with another developer some point in time, I can imagine GF can't do it forever
>>
File: 1457732912929.jpg (28 KB, 476x462) Image search: [Google]
1457732912929.jpg
28 KB, 476x462
>implying we wont have pokemon holograms walking around in 2030
>>
>>25744003
Will you ever stop being a fagot?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.