[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great post game, or greatest post game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: pwt_pkmn_bw_wallpaper.jpg (104 KB, 1024x675) Image search: [Google]
pwt_pkmn_bw_wallpaper.jpg
104 KB, 1024x675
Name a better post game than the PWT and tell me why
>>
PWT was literally a reskinned Battle Dome
>>
>>25741413
Is this official art? Cause if so, why the hell is Clay taking upskirt shots of Rosa?
>>
>>25741413

I hold a special spot in my heart for Emerald's Battle Pyramid, and the factory, tower, and dome were amazing.

Plat's/HG's frontier were alright... Emerald's pyramid make that BF better for me, but I figure most people don't like the pyramid.
>>
>>25741413
>battle facility with basically 1 mode only
>post game
is this denial or a new meme?
it's another battle tower sugar coated with gym leaders and champions instead of npc that otherwise would have used same team anyway

there was the battle subway too

it's decent but overhyped

i liked the black city skyscrapper and white tree hollow more because slightly more challenging
>>
>>25741423
Yeah, but you only need to win 3 battles, not slog through 21.
Basically, it's easier, if you want a chellenge go to the Battle Subway.
It's more fun beause you fight against old gym leaders and champions with classic music.

>>25741569
>1 mode
You can do single, double, triple and rotation battles.
And there's Rental tournaments, which none of the Gen 6 battle facilities have.
>>
>>25741423
>PWT was literally a reskinned Battle Dome

The reskin helped a lot though. Fighting the champs or even the gym leaders on more of a level playing field was a lot more fun than fighting through generics.
>>
>>25741413
I still find it hilarious that Giovanni was invited despite being an unrepentant criminal. And he has a Garchomp now to boot.
>>
>>25742473
Didn't he repent when you find him in HGSS?
>>
>>25743714
The opposite, in fact. You travel to the past and it turns out he was actually planning to rejoin his team when he heard the radio tower announcement, which shits on any kind of (inferred) character development he could have gotten since gen I.

It's an awful scene and it's best left forgotten.
>>
>>25744566
I thought that there was a splash at the end of the HGSS Celebi event and it's thought that he an heroed?

Too dark for pokemon but PWT was a stupid gimmick. What effort did it take to implement and what made it special? It could have been added to any game's postgame.
>>
File: 1421282200567.jpg (45 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1421282200567.jpg
45 KB, 480x600
>>25741413
BW's main characters were removed for no reason
>>
>>25741413
>Cilan stole Yamask's mask and is wearing it
What the fuck, Cilan?
>>
>>25741413
HG/SS has the best post-game in the series and it isn't even debatable.

>An entire second region with eight more badges
>Rematches against every single gym leader, the rival, and the Elite Four
>Red as a super boss on top of Mt. Silver
>A shitty Battle Frontier (as if there's any other kind of Battle Frontier)
>>
>>25744613
>I thought that there was a splash at the end of the HGSS Celebi event and it's thought that he an heroed?

Yea, when you beat him, he leaves and you hear it. It spawned all kinds of edgy theories and it's another reason why it was a mistake. Forget the fact that the waterfall was the only way out of the cave and that you'd hear it anyway even if he was just leaving. Doesn't mean the dude straight up killed himself.

>PWT was a stupid gimmick. What effort did it take to implement and what made it special? It could have been added to any game's postgame.
Fanservice. And it's all it needs, really. The challenge of fighting actual decent teams without having to go through a streak of 20+ scrubs, with plenty of leeway for hax bullshit to take place and send you all the way back to the beginning before you fight the person you actually want to. Also, there are all familiar faces you actually WANT to battle, no time wasted on irrelevant subtrainers. Just those things make it the most enjoyable battle facility in the series for me, and they didn't even need special gimmick conditions like the pyramid or pike (not that those weren't fun too) to do it.
>>
Why Skyla has such large hands?
>>
>>25744613
PWT had a great difficulty balance. It was hard, but doable, with an in-game team, but still hard enough to provide a bit of challenge for well-bred Pokemon.
>>
>>25741413
>Mary Sue Tournament

Fuck off
>>
>>25744858
You don't actually know what Mary Sue means, do you? It's just something you saw on here and you've been throwing it around ever since.
>>
>>25744891
I know what it means. You're not helping its case by trying to call me out. I'd kick your ass in rl I swear on my mum
>>
>>25744891
Filibuster
>>
File: 1367629499310.png (22 KB, 273x163) Image search: [Google]
1367629499310.png
22 KB, 273x163
>>25744975
>>25744976
>>
>>25744858
Hey, we've all been to TVTropes when we were kids too anon. You'll grow out of it
>>
>>25741569
>one mode
>rentals
>mix
>type

>one mode
That's literally more variety than the gen 4 frontier.
>>
>>25744709
Kanto is still boring as fuck anon and it took away from the main game.
Sorry but it was shit.
>>
>>25744633
>you know i think i should just, throw away all my pokemon and start again,yeah thats a good plan.
>>
>>25745231
He's probably talking about the fact they were actually supposed to appear, but were ultimately scrapped.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.