[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
things only you do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: 1459062012907.png (75 KB, 475x466) Image search: [Google]
1459062012907.png
75 KB, 475x466
>autistically catch all my pokemon in normal pokeballs because muh consistency
>treat legendaries like antique cars
>>
I do both of these
>>
>only use premier balls
>>
I don't know how other people play, how can I claim that I am the only one that does it?
>>
Life orb Sheer Force SpA Feraligatr
>>
>>25740285
are you me
>>
SEYYYYYMOUUUURRRRRRR
>>
>>25740285
I only use premier balls.

Anything I catch before I can afford them, just to get by, I release immediately once I have 6 mons in premier balls, including my starter.
>>
>>25740374
Me too9
>>
>Great balls aren't just blue pokeballs
>Ultra balls aren't just gold pokeballs
>Trainers don't use pokeballs that reflect on their trainer type/pokemon
>>
I try to avoid catching legendaries ever.
I'd like to think they're divine beings and shouldn't be left to rot in a PC
>>
>>25740285
>>treat legendaries like antique cars
I think a good portion of people do this. Even if you aren't into online competitive play, the game doesn't fucking let you use them in end game. They really are just decoration.
>>
I COMPLETED THE ENGLISH, JAPANESE, AND FRENCH POKEDEXES.
>>
I have a compulsive desire of EV training to perfection all of my pokemon, even for normal playthroughs or if they have shit IVs
>>
File: 1299080779022.jpg (59 KB, 474x475) Image search: [Google]
1299080779022.jpg
59 KB, 474x475
>>25740686
>>25740656
>>25740374
They completely ruined it in gen 6, making the Premiers available to be purchased individually and for cheap. Devalues the fuck out of them, what is even the point anymore.
>>
>>25741941

>they completely ruined it in gen 6

it wouldn't be hard to make an entire retrospective series with that title desu
>>
>>25740384
nigger have you heard of a hyperbole

you should really finish grade school to be honest famalam
>>
>>25740285
>>25740374
>catch everything with pokeballs
>catch my bros in premier balls
>>
>>25740742
I don't catch legendaries either
The exp gain is nice, and I would prefer to move on in the game than waste time spamming pokeballs at something I won't even notice most of the time
>>
I like using Op/very strong Pokemon but with unusual, less viable sets. Partly to "surprise" my opponent. Partly to not feel bad with myself.
>>
I save before I get my starter, if it has a bad nature or is a female I reset
>>
I only keep pokemon in my party if its proud of its power
>>
If I have only one or two Pokémon that need healing I heal them via the PC box instead of giving them to the nurse.

I save before and after almost every trainer battle.

If I'm facing a story related choice I reset to try all the outcomes, however minor.
>>
I nickname every Volcarona I have Vulnicura after the bjork album
>>
Capturing a couple miltanks, cause i'm to cheap to buy potions...
>>
I only catch and use pokemon that were introduced that generation.

The only time I kind of broke that was in Gen 2 and 4 for the new evolutions to old pokemon.
>>
My water type Pokemon has to have some means to walk,how the hell would it fight on grass other-wise
My flying pokemon has to be big enough so I can mount it and fly
>>
>>25740285
I can't stand using pokemon that aren't in regular pokeballs, and I find that using matching pokeballs for the pokemon's colour scheme just makes things worse.
>>
File: 1436758195144.png (164 KB, 571x587) Image search: [Google]
1436758195144.png
164 KB, 571x587
>>25740285
Arrange move slots to they correspond with the Pokemons type. For example, Hydreigon is Dark-Dragon type. So, the slots are arranged with Dark Pulse first, Draco Meteor second then the other two moves.

I do this with everything, with the STAB/s always being first. It looks nicer to me than just a mess of nonsense.
>>
Heres something I did repeatedly as a kid:

>start gold or silver
>save before getting my starter
>play the entire game up to Claire without saving
>box literally everything worth saving, especially items on mons
>do the cloning glitch
>pick a new starter and go get my old one and all the other stuff I saved out of the box

Shit was amazingly fun. Got to play through normally, essentially start a new game+ and can choose to wreck shit or play through normally again (and everything has my ID so nothing disobeys.)
>>
>>25740285
i do both of these + mewtwo is the only exeption. he MUST be in the master ball. this shit was designed for him.
>>
>>25742495
I did it when i played crystal, i was 8 years old. Dont feel bad, it was awesome. Thanks based milktank
>>
>>25740285
This.
Pokeballs for all of my regular mons, premier balls for the competitive ones
>>
>>25742222
>I save before and after almost every trainer battle.
You know, in both Gen4 and gen5 there is a set limit of how many times you can save a game, might also be in gen6, but dunno
If i recall right, the limit is 10 000, sure that seems like a lot, but when you save after every single battle, and before and after every single trade, that can easily be 20 saves per day
that leaves 500 days like that
you might play most days for 2 years, and then have a little bit left, which will be used up when you one day finally decide to dig up your old games and keep playing
>>
>>25742575
i do that with mewtwo too lol, i catch the rest in luxury balls tho cuz i'm dark n edgy
>>
>>25742060

That's my story... Adding legendaries with Premier Balls.

If I use Pokeballs to catch almost all, is because they are cheap, I usually I don't have problems catching everything with them.
>>
>>25742686
Yeah, I'm aware about the save degradation problem but I was told that it isn't a big issue. Didn't know the estimates were only around 10,000 saves, from what I've heard I'd have to actively try to ruin the save feature by saving hundreds of times a day for many months.
I'm saving way less frequently in postgame, so it will probably be fine.
>>
I learned how to RNG abuse for balltism back when Gen 6 wasn't out.
>>
>>25742188
>>25742222
>>25742533
According to the numbers, it should make impact…
>>
>>25740285
i released xerneas after beating team flare as a way to thank it for soloing lysandre
>>
ur mom
>>
>>25742239
I like you
>>
I treat my legendaries like the rest of my pokémon so they don't cry at night
>>
I collect all of the event Pokemon I can acquire through legitimate means even though I just inject everything.

Every time I replay an old game, I transfer everything up to gen 6 in order to replace the bred Pokemon in my living dex with ones I just trained.
>>
1. Catching All Pokémon species.

2. Reading their Pokédex entries.

3. Training All Pokémon species.

4. Exploring

5. Talking to NPCS
>>
>>25742537
My nigga.
I also do this, with Stab attacks in the first slots, then coevrage and situational moves and at the end status moves, like Will-o-Wisp or Swords Dance. So everytime I battle, I don't need to check whatmove I'm clicking on, since I know before hand how they're arranged.
>>
File: 2016 - 1 (23).jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2016 - 1 (23).jpg
108 KB, 500x500
>tfw you catch all your pokemans in the normal ball too
Glad I'm not alone desu.
>>
I arrange my Pokemon's moves so that the move with the longest name is listed at the top, the second longest after that, then the third longest and then the shortest. I don't count the letters though. If the name of a move looks longer because of a long letter like m even though it has less letters it still goes to the top.
I also tend to spend hours on the pc sorting my Pokemon after level, type, name and Pokedex number.

I think I might have borderline OCD or something
>>
>>25744662
I would honestly say you might have OCD, not being mean or anything. My sister has OCD and when she first started it was little things like that, you may want to have a doctor or psychologists take a look at you to make sure. It's not as bad as people make it out to be but it can get debilitating if it gets out of check. You may need a little help, and the sooner you can get it, the better you'll feel.
>>
I like to taste my shit when I take a dump
It tastes diferent every time
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.