[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So one of my friends gave me an extra 3ds he had and I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
So one of my friends gave me an extra 3ds he had and I haven't played anything past gen 3 so which one should I get famalamadingdong? I'm thinking of getting heartgold/soulsilver because I like the idea of your pokemon following you but idk
>>
Platium, HG/SS if you want, B&B2 or W&W2.

I'd also sugged XY to experience, but ORAS generally has the same experience (graphics, diagonal movement) and has more megas that you can't get in XY. Your last gen was also 3rd gen so maybe it'll be like memory lane for you. Though with some changes...
>>
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver
X/Y
OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Diamond and Pearl are just inferior to Platinum in every way.
Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 are just shit.
>>
Good luck finding Gen 4 games lol
>>
>>25740187
HGSS is a must.
Platinum if you want to know Gen 4.
B2W2 if you're still interested and want to play gen 5.
Avoid Gen 6 games.
>>
Platinum and HG/SS definitely. HG/SS is nice for the following Pokemon and Kanto postgame. Platinum has nice postgame too and Sinnoh is ultra comfy.

Play B/W if you want a somewhat different pokemon experience since it's pretty linear and it forces you to use gen five pokemon until postgame. It has a story too. B2/W2 has great postgame because of PWT, but not really a must.

As for gen 6 play either X/Y or ORAS only. Not really worth playing both. ORAS has more megas and has nice cutscenes but X/Y has player customisation and a better pokedex.
>>
Don't buy HG/SS, it's ridiculously expensive to buy second hand.
>>
platinum if you want a bit of a challenge, for pokemon standards at least
hgss if you want to play really good remakes of gen 2
bw if you want to use gen 5 mons
bw2 if you want to use gen 5 mons and some old ones
play both if you give a shit about story
xy if you want 3D genwun pandering
oras if you want 3D hoenn
>>
ITT: Opinions

I think we can all agree that Platinum is the best version of the Sinnoh games.
Definitely play HG/SS since you wanted that anyway.
Black/White have minor differences, like White Forest and Iris as a gym leader in White and Black City and Dryden as a leader in Black, so maybe look into that and go with whichever one appeals.
For B2/W2, get the sequel to the one you played, I guess.
X/Y are fine. Differences are box legendaries and Mega forms (Charizard X/Y, Mewtwo X/Y) some minor differences in story.
Personally Hoenn is my least favourite region, but if you like RSE it is probably worth your time.
>>
File: Looker approval.png (297 KB, 594x331) Image search: [Google]
Looker approval.png
297 KB, 594x331
>>25742088
Objectively best post in the thread.
>>
Hack the 3DS
that way you can download games not meant for it, such as Blaze Black, or Gen1 Mods, or many other options
When you hack a 3DS you'll lose all data on it, so better do it now, than to one day find out you lost out
Guides on hacking can easily be found online
>>
since there are so many dont play remakes of games youve already played. play

platinum
black or white
black 2 or white 2
x or y
>>
>>25742088

>tfw I played black
>black 2 was literally impossible to get
>got white 2 instead
>>
>>25740187

HG/SS for maximum comfy, then if you're not burnt out:

B/W was my favourite because being forced to deal exclusively with new pokemon in the main game was fun and refreshing.

Gen 6 was okay I guess, but I could take them or leave them. Megas are neat but so few NPCs use them it's more like an ezmoad button than a meaningful mechanic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.