[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Implying Feebas and its rarity weren't a great feature in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1439502214860.png (54 KB, 694x421) Image search: [Google]
1439502214860.png
54 KB, 694x421
Implying Feebas and its rarity weren't a great feature in Gen 3. Sadly I wasn't a kid at the time so I missed out on this but implying it wasn't great seeing an actual rare pokemon. It must've been great conversation material at the time. Being "that kid" but with an actual rare pokemon. Endlessly barraged.

It surely must've been a fun time. They did something similar in gen 4 with honey trees (and gen 2 with shinies) but sadly they've never done anything past gen 4.

So my question is: How was it. The Feebas hype?
>>
>>25739377
How's it like being underaged?
>>
I wanted one so bad at the time; NEVER EVER got one.
>>
>>25739387
Unless you reclused your own childhood you wouldn't need to ask.

What's it like shitposting?
>>
>>25739387
I think he's saying he grew out of Pokemon before RS came out and then came back later as an adult (Gens 4 and 6 brought back a lot of people like this).
>>
File: 1457172315053.jpg (8 KB, 216x249) Image search: [Google]
1457172315053.jpg
8 KB, 216x249
>first time fishing in this route
>just so happened to be on a feebas tile
>run into them all the time, just annoyed and don't catch any

>one day
>decide i want a feebas
>go back
>search for hours
>"what the hell is even happening"
>"i swear they were fucking everywhere here"
>>
>>25739414
I didn't grow out of it. I played it. But there was just no one around me that played it as-well
>>
>>25739377
Pretty great. I've gone through and done it on a (relatively) recent Emerald playthrough. You find the stream, bust out your fishing rod, and then just commit to searching every tile, easily taking over an hour. It wouldn't be nearly so time-consuming except for the fact that you have to do the fishing minigame which prevents you from using turbo if you're on an emulator, and doesn't always give you a battle anyway. Then you have to do it enough times per tile that you can feel confident there aren't any Feebas there.

I love shit like this in games. Feebas' bizarre evolution method on top of that made having a Milotic so great. The first one I caught, which was actually in a luxury ball, even had good IVs, according to that one guy in the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>25739377
Feebas was also rare in Pokemon D/P, there were also Feebas tiles and I think you couldn't even evolve Feebas in Pokemon DPPt I think.
>>
>>25739539
You could, you just had to feed it blue poffins. And yes, it was harder to find in DPPt than in RSE
>>
File: 143501822966.png (75 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
143501822966.png
75 KB, 325x244
>>25739561
>blue
>I gave it pink ones

f-fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.