[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he use poison pokemon, but only ground/rock pokemon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Giovanni_(anime_XY).png (19 KB, 250x335) Image search: [Google]
Giovanni_(anime_XY).png
19 KB, 250x335
Why didn't he use poison pokemon, but only ground/rock pokemon?

Why did the rocket grunts only use normal and poison pokemon, but not ground pokemon?

Team Rocket general I guess
>>
Because there was already a poison gym.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 500x367
>>25732708
Because Team Rocket was an UNDERGROUND organization
>>
>>25732708

Nidoking/queen are poison types.
>>
ground beats poison.
he isn't poison himself, he just controls it. same way he isn't a thug himself, he just uses thugs.
>>
File: 1352860285145s.jpg (2 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1352860285145s.jpg
2 KB, 128x128
>>25733258
>>
File: [HATRED INTENSIFIES].gif (212 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
[HATRED INTENSIFIES].gif
212 KB, 525x525
>>25733258
>>
Team Rocket are undeniably the biggest shitmon users of all time. Even Team Flare, whose membership was at least 80% mentally handicapped, had better Pokemon than them.

I don't see how more than half your gangsters can use Rattatas and Zubats and not be the laughingstock of the crime world.
>>
>>25732708
>Why did the rocket grunts only use normal and poison pokemon, but not ground pokemon?

This isn't true at all. The rockets used a wide variety of pokemon. They weren't like the other shit teams where they felt this need to use a pool of 2-3 pokemon total.

Just from memory, Rocket grunts had:
>Zubat
>Golbat
>Sandshrew
>Sandslash
>Rattata
>Raticate
>Drowzee
>Ekans
>Arbok
>Machop
>Machoke
>Cubone
>Mankey
>Grimer
>Muk
>Koffing
>Weezing

And if you count the scientists, they also had
>Magnemite
>Magneton
>Voltorb
>Electrode

I almost wanna say there were a couple Doduo's, Spearow's or Geodudes in there too, but I cant remember...
>>
>>25733637
>be rocket
>be underground
>be avoiding pokecenters cause wanted criminals
>be fighting wild pokemons bare handed
>be ditching them after they faint to nature's mercy
>>
File: 1458293012738.png (156 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458293012738.png
156 KB, 1000x1000
>>25733258
god...god damnit, carlos
>>
I'm surprised that Team Rocket and every subsequent criminal organization doesn't just take out guns.
>>
>>25733738
same reason current criminal organistation don't carry around crossbows or morningstars.. it wouldn't fit the times.
>>
>>25733738
There ARE no guns, you idiot.
>>
>>25733258
That one was good.
>>
>>25733738
I imagine guns are just pointless in the pokemon universe because pokemon are simply way more powerful and even 10 year old kids have access to them. Ashnime had guns, but lol ashnime.
>>
>>25733673
Just looked it up, missed a few.

>Marowak
>Hypno

Then as of Gen 2:
>Oddish
>Gloom
>Venonat
>Houndour

Giovanni himself uses a huge array of pokemon:

>Onix
>Kangaskhan
>Nidorino
>Nidorina
>Persian
>Rhyhorn
>Rhydon
>Nidoqueen
>Dugtrio
>Nidoking

There's also diaologue that implies that the gym trainers of Viridian are part of Team Rocket-- they're at least aware of Giovanni, possibly part of them. That adds Tauros to that mix.

Now compare to all of Team Magma's pokemon, leaders and admins included:

>Zubat
>Golbat
>Poochyena
>Mightyena
>Numel
>Camerupt
>Baltoy
>Crobat

That's it. Aqua's the same, just replace the Fire types with Carvahna and Sharpedo.
>>
>>25733637
>be 5 gens later
>have a better "evil/scumbag" pokemon regional selection

wew lad
i'd say team aqua and team magma were worse for using low speed and attack shitmons like poochyena and numel or frail trash like carvanha post level 30 and no other mon in a region with torkoal, several ground types and lot of water types in general

team rocket spamming normal stab and poison stab and explosion was more effective

also golbat's cancer mean look and confuse ray bullshit paired with bite flinches
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.