[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a moment of silence for some of the coolest designs, that faded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: GIGALITH.png (40 KB, 355x380) Image search: [Google]
GIGALITH.png
40 KB, 355x380
a moment of silence for some of the coolest designs, that faded into obscurity
>>
Gigalith is truly one of the coolest Rock types. Hoping for a mega that helps it stand out more, maybe making it special oriented
>>
If it's attack and special attack were switched, it would've been useful. Probably OU in Gen 5 even.
>>
I'm replaying White right now, and I have one of these guys. I named him (Lord) Humungus, because he's the Ayatollah of Roggenrolla
>>
I prefer boldore
>>
>>25731764
But Boldore's ugly as sin. Literally a 3-legged rock cyclops
>>
>>25731798
boldore is cute
>>
>>25731669
>>25731692
It learns fuck all special moves.
>>
If you didn't have to trade for it it would be 100x better
>>
>>25731578
this guy could've been really stand-out if they didn't decide to try and make it Golem without the ground type
it's stats are almost the same, both get sturdy, and even the evolution method is the same

missed opportunity to make it specially oriented or something like that with the crystal theme imo
>>
>>25731809
Power Gem, Earth Power, and Hidden Power is all it needs. It even gets SolarBeam to fuck water types.
>>
>>25731578
Its design is a fucking disaster. The kind of pokemon you never want to catch even if its stats are supposed to be good.
>>
>>25731578
I can't understand how people hate 5th Gen designs.
>>
>>25731578
I fucking LOVE Gigalith, one of my favorite Gen 5 designs.

Hope that nigga gets a special mega, and maybe a couple new special moves to add to it's movepool.
>>
>>25731578
The ingame model is retarded with that giant rock on the way to his mouth
>>
>>25731578
How can we fix it without making any radical changes?
I think giving it diamond storm, solid rock and 10 points to sp. def would help a lot.
>>
>Could have been a unique special attacker
>Gamefreak: "NO, IT MUST BE GOLEM 2.0 BECAUSE MUH GENWUN THROWBACKS"
>>
>>25732044
How can you live in this world with taste this bad?
>>
>>25732177
Like how does he eat mate
>>
>>25732238
At least, it's not part ground so no 4x weakness to grass and water.
>>
>immobile
>covered in crystals
>pokedex entries for the evolutionary line mentions storing energy and shit
>physical attacker because god forbid we have more special rock types
>>
File: image.png (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 250x250
I felt like this guy was really liked back in a day. Now I rarely see him mentioned anywhere, not even when people discuss potential candidates for Megas (and let's face it, Zangoose was never that great).
>>
>>25732963
>at least the furfags still like me
>>
>>25731578
I like running g choice band max attack explosion Gigalith in PU. It's a pretty good wall breaker
>>
>>25731809
It learns all of the physical moves a rock type would be expected to know.
>Stone Edge
>Rock Slide
>Earthquake
>Superpower
>Heavy Slam
>Iron Head
>Explosion
>>
File: 099Kingler.png (44 KB, 250x155) Image search: [Google]
099Kingler.png
44 KB, 250x155
Fuck Crawdaunt
>>
>>25731578
One of the few good things that came out of Gen 5
>>
>>25734765
Kingler was actually pure shit before the phys/spec split. Crabhammer from 50 Special Attack? Fuck that shit.
>>
>>
>gigalith gets Solarbeam
Don't see why it shouldn't get Morning Sun as well, if it can refract light through its body.

And if carbink can get Trick Room despite not being psychic type, just give it to Gigalith too.
>>
>>25734916

I dunno man I always thought it was more viable than Trevenant. I've seen it used in high ladder OU matches, especially on Trick Room teams.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.