[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started playing Emerald for the first time. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Emerald-01.jpg (107 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Emerald-01.jpg
107 KB, 1200x1200
I just started playing Emerald for the first time.
I've already beaten first two trainers and the only PokemonsI have are Combusken and Poochyena.

It's my first Pokemon game ever

Any tips?
>>
>>25731388
Just play how you want and don't listen to /vp/.
>>
>>25731393
this, enjoy your first time OP
>>
>>25731388
Catch a:

Lotad right now and a Taillow soon.
>>
>>25731388
If you find a pokemon that sparkles when it appears, catch the fuck out of that shit and cherish it forever.

Other than that just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>25731388
Thats cool OP, I hope you enjoy the game.
Poochyena is kinda underwhelming in gen 3, but I'd say that any Pokemon is usable in the main game.
Ralts, Taillow, Shroomish, Aron and some others are pretty solid early game options though.
>>
Thank you guys
>>
>>25731536
Have fun family man

Catch a heracross at the safari zone once you get there (if you want of course) it's a great bug
>>
>>25731388
Soon, in a town not too far away, a magical fisherman will give you an item known as the Old Rod. Be sure to use it all the time.
>>
>>25731388
Sonic Heroes XD
>>
For future reference, the plural of Pokèmon is Pokèmon.

Unless you want to into competitive, DO NOT learn about natures/EVs/IVs. It will probably ruin the game for you.
>>
Good luck catching Rayquaza
>>
Don't waste your Masterball on Fug aka Rayquaza. Use it on Latios/Latias.
>>
Save before you battle legendaries and each member of the elite four.

And PLANT BERRIES
>>
>>25731388
You could try Nosepass. Not really good, but a Rock-type with Thunder Wave is a fun novelty.

It also evolves in future games.
>>
>>25733574
This.
>>
don't care about IVs or natures

do care about abilities though. they're pretty fun
>>
>>25731824
>each elite four
NO
Only save before you enter the entire elite four.
>>
>>25731388
get rid of the pochyena and get a shroomish
>>
>>25731388
Keep all your mons the same level dont just give your starter all the treatment
>>
>>25731388
Drop Poochyena while it still didn't drain too much Exp yet
>>
>>25731388
do whatever the fuck you want and don't listen to anyone here
>>
Zigzagoon, for hms!
>>
The main game is easy to beat with any team. Don't worry about making a good team; just grab whatever seems fun.

You'll have more fun if you get a full team of six, keep them all around the same level, and avoid grinding against wild pokemon. Just leveling up one a lot will turn the game into "press A to win" very quickly.

Feebas a shit and not worth the effort.
>>
>>25731824
>And PLANT BERRIES
If he's playing Emerald today, he's definitely not playing on anything with a functioning battery.
>>
>>25736967
Could be a rom or cartridge with new battery

Replacing them isn't difficult
>>
Just play the game OP. Do what you want to do, get the team you want to use together, and get comfy.

>>25731740
Seconded.
>>
File: 1418960408874.png (165 KB, 520x400) Image search: [Google]
1418960408874.png
165 KB, 520x400
>>25731491
THIS FOR FUGS SAKE THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
>>
>>25739180
Do emulators support the clock?
>>
>>25733962
So much this, if you save after each elite four member, there is a chance you will just keep bouncing off of one of them.
>>
>>25731393
/thread
>>
>>25733962
no
sometimes battles can be lost due to stupid mistakes. i rather risk getting a dead end than send 3 battles worth of xp to nothing due to sudden RNG disfavour.
>>
>>25731388
What natures are your Pokémon?
If neither of the are Adamant or Jolly, release them and Soft Reset for new starters.
In fact, just soft reset for a shiny right now.
And you'd better max out your EVs in Speed and Attack before moving onto the next route.

or just play the game
>>
>>25741903
Most of them do. I think it makes an .rtc file that lines up with the time on your device
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.