[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 19-Leavanny line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
Yesterday was all about burt and ern-I mean Sawk and Throh, today will focus on the 2nd ever Grass/Bug type lines, Sewaddle, Swadloon, and Leavanny.
My thoughts: Remember when I said back during the Purrloin/Liepard thread that I believe 2 types were at their best in this Gen? One of them was Dark, even though Liepard wasn't that great of a start. However, off the bat one with a brain can see that Gen 5 was going to be a great Gen for Bug types, and it shows here with these Pokemon....Even though I admit I've never used a Leavanny. But, I've heard good things about them from playthroughs. Design wise, they look great. Sewaddle is very cute, Swadloon has the funniest design with its leaf cloak and that face, and Leavanny may be the comfiest looking Pokemon.
Overall, decent usability, great designs, and a great start to the Gen 5 Bug types.
>>
They belong to the increasingly large subset of "ugly grass mons I don't care about"
>>
I was pleasantly surprised by the second and final forms. For a relatively bland first form the other two are surprisingly pleasant.

Interesting typing too. I was able to use them effectively on my team. I like the entire line. Very cool.
>>
Very, very cool designs, and surprisingly useful in-game.
>>
>>25731488
This
>>
Did anyone tried to use Swadloon with eviolite in-game until it evolved?
I mean, it has higher defenses than Leavanny.
>>
>>25731333
I liked Sawk, can we talk about him again?
>>
File: tumblr_mheq9lAv3i1r3ifxzo1_500.gif (531 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mheq9lAv3i1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
531 KB, 500x281
>tfw Sewaddle ended up as a sexy bug waifu probably more attractive than Gardevoir imo and not another boring butterfly.

I can't believe believe people blindly loathe on Gen 5. It singlehandedly SAVED bug types from being nothing but forgetable generic insects. What is with humanity being born with such abysmal tastes?
>>
>>25731352
going off what this anon said, it reminds people generally have absolutely shit taste.
>>
It's a real shame Grass and Bug are such awful attacking types, the Leavanny line is stellar.

I'm a grassfag so I'm biased, but this is in the upper echelons of Gen 5 designs.
>>
Used them for a Nuzlocke and got quite attached. Frail little shits but they did good work.
>>
>>25732217
>I'm a grassfag so I'm biased

As a firefag, who dislikes the design of most grass types, the Leavanny like is fantastically designed.
>>
>>25731333
One of the few lines in the franchise where every stage is nicely designed and feels like a logical progression, but also doesn't suffer from "It just gets bigger" syndrome. I like all of them.
>>
>>25732374
Not the anon you replied to just another grassfriend here.

Genuinely curious, what about fire types appeal to you? I have always picked either the water or grass starter. With the exception of Chandelure and Volcarona I just can't get into fire types.

I have tried but usually end up dropping them in favor of something else. I'd like to see what someone who likes them has to say.
>>
File: Sewaddle.png (217 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Sewaddle.png
217 KB, 500x500
The cutest.
>>
They're adorable. I would've ran with one if I didn't always pick grass starters.

Swad was also my first shiny, and I've been playing since Gen 1, so that was special.

I just wish Swadloon looked a bit different. It doesn't feel like a transformative phase, since you can see so much of it beneath the leaf.
>>
File: Sewaddle.jpg (292 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
Sewaddle.jpg
292 KB, 600x586
>>
>>
>>25732535
The same could be said about most bug types with a second, cocoon stage though. I know what you mean but I think Swadloon is adorable.
>>
File: Leavanny Variations.png (970 KB, 1599x1983) Image search: [Google]
Leavanny Variations.png
970 KB, 1599x1983
>>
>>25731333
Nice trips, bro!

Sewaddle and Swadloon are both cute. Leavanny is cute too, but I wish I could get a whole bunch of them together and force them to make textiles for me in a dirty sweatshop for 12 hours a day on slave wages.
>>
>>25731333
I was so happy that it didn't turned into a generic butterfly/moth. This line is very great.
>>
>>25732659
They'd do it for free, Anon.
>>
>>25732659

That smutfic is terrible and you should feel terrible for referencing it.
>>
Pretty sweet little weaver ant
>>
>>25732841
>>25732659
>smutfic
either elaborate or link
>>
>>25732193
Gen V is too perfect, so people mindlessly hate on it because their gen isn't as good.
>>
The whole line is 10/10 top tier. But I agree OP, and I think a lot of people do as well; Gen V Bug types as a whole were all fantastic. Anyone who can't see that is either trolling or their taste is completely fucked.
>>
I like them.
I go into a gen as blind as I can and I caught a Sewaddle out of sheer "I need something to take up space on my team" so when that place-holder turns out to be a pretty effective grass-type. I was a bit shocked when it only held it's second form for one level though.
>>
10/10 bugs
>>
One of my favorite 5th gen mons and possibly my favorite grass type. It sucks that it's typing makes it 4x weak to fire and flying but I kinda like the type combo. I like the design too and it's cute that Leavanny makes clothes for Sewaddle
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.