[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what's bullshit? That in a game of 700+ pokemon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
You know what's bullshit?

That in a game of 700+ pokemon, you can expect to see MAYBE 20 different pokemon at the finals, with every team having at least three of the same (or even four of the same, like we saw at Worlds 2015)

That's bullshit.
>>
Totally not like they make pokemon that are 10 times better than any other pokemon.... Legendaries are fair right....
>>
>>25729120
>steven and wallace having to share a column
>alder and iris getting separate columns
JUST
>>
>>25729194
Steve and Wall have the same music :^)
>>
>>25729194
I think it's meant for one of those youtube videos that played all the songs in order.
>>
>>25729120

Mega Dragonite, Mega Milotic, Mega Volcarona, and Mega Haxorus when?

Mega Eevee when?
>>
>>25729221
But the music is better than Alder and Iris' themes put together
>>
>>25729120
I don't know why people say 700+ when you wouldn't consider bringing something like a Magikarp, and you're not allowed to bring certain Legends.

There are 365 families, including Legends. So something around ~300 usable mons (not necessarily families, since Eviolite on lower stage mons, etc).

Then it comes down to what's worth using, where you could trim stuff like Unown. In any event, it's easy to start with a bloated number, but that number doesn't actually represent true competitive possibilities. And then after a certain point it's about what works together best, rather than what works best but needs something out of your way to support it.
>>
File: 1458549591778.jpg (100 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1458549591778.jpg
100 KB, 960x960
>>25729120
>Blue's ace was Eevee
>>
>>25729269
>when you wouldn't consider bringing something like a Magikarp

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best..."
>>
>>25729277
Blue's ace is too variable (Blastoise/Charizard/Venusaur/Eeveelution) so Eevee is a decent representative of that.
>>
>>25729291
Just use Pidgeot and call it a day.
>>
>>25729279
The Pokemon I love best are Primal Groudon, Xerneas, Mega Salamence, Mega Kangaskhan, Talonflame, and Smeargle. A lot of other people love them the best too. So leave us be.
>>
>>25729279
>Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best...
Key word try. You can be a dumbass and try to win with your favorites, or you can accept the fact that they may not be as competitively viable and use more effective Pokemon.

If you're going to compete and not optimize your team don't get pissy when someone who does wipes the floor with you.
>>
This is why Pokemon was never meant to be taken seriously and all those who actually participate in tournaments are talentless manchildren
>>
>>25729348
>Mega Salamence
>Not based Clefairy (not Clefable)
I hope you also love losing LOL
>>
>>25729444
>talentless

how so?
>>
>>25729279
Karen just comes off as butthurt as shit to be honest.>>25729291
>>
>>25729120
it's not player's fault,they are just trying to win,the fault it's of the broken format
>>
>>25729468
>waiting for the RNG to spit out the right numbers and wasting your time doing it again and again
>talent
>>
>>25729244

Haxorus won't happen for the same reason Milotic didn't. Iris and Wallace are just tertiary version champions.

Volcarona is in a delicate position Alder wasn't BW's final story boss unlike the other champions. Ghetsis' Hydreigon is the real one to keep an eye out for.
On the other hand this could be a blessing, because if GF expects few people to actually fight Alder in the post-game then they might go crazy with Mega Volcarona's power level.
>>
>>25729490

I'd agree if we didn't see the same people at the finals all the time.

There's obviously some sort of skill involved that prevents true RNG
>>
>>25729507
It's not a skill, it's a virtue. Patience.
>>
>>25729514
Patience has never ever been a virtue.
Patience is one of the scourges of mankind. It makes people complacent.
>>
>>25729348
you only like them because they're good competitively you ass
name a reason, a legit reason you love ANY of the mons you just named.
>>
>>25729261
Worst opinion I've heard on /vp/
>>
>>25729279
Competitive is about being the best
>>
>>25729279
>Discount Agatha muh favourites speech
kek
>>
>>25732605

>Discount

You mean improved
>>
>>25729538
How is that not a real reason?

I don't care about designs in Pokemon. I care about how they perform. That's the base standard for everything I do in life, not just Pokemon. And besides, in a game or competition, I'm not choosing the nicest looking players.

I'm not the guy you responded to - that was clearly humor. But the mentality that your favorites have to be good looking or you have to have pleasant nostalgiac memories is toxic.
>>
>>25729171
Yeah dude, Articuno and Uxie are OP and should be banned from all tournaments!
>>
>>25732605
That's Karen you fucktard
>>
>>25736140
No I'm pretty sure that's agatha
>>
>>25729277
Nigga have you fought his Jolteon
>>
>>25729493
Milotic's still a pretty standout Pokemon (probably the most obnoxious to obtain without a guide) whose counterpart got a mega. I'm surprised they choose Altaria (as a fellow "majestic" mon) over it.
>>
>>25732529
kill yourself
>>
>>25736239
No I'm pretty sure you're retarded.
>>
>>25729279
Why do people spout this as if its a bible quote
>>
>>25740196

Because it gives them hope of a future where we see more than 10 pokemon in the Final 16 bracket of the Championship
>>
>>25741879
what a pitiful existence that you'd want a such a hope
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.