[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There isn't and will never be a Zodiac pattern for the Fire-type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 620x400
There isn't and will never be a Zodiac pattern for the Fire-type starters.
>Yes, Charmander evolves into a Dragon.
>Sure, Torchic is a chicken.
>Ok, Chimchar is not a chimp but a monkey.
>Tepig is a pig.

Fennekin and Cyndaquil clearly do NOT apply to the Chinese zodiac.

Why can't Zodiac fags stop fagging so much?
>>
>>25726800
Why do you care what other people thing about imaginary monsters for children?
>>
>>25726843
Agree with you.
OP, whilst you ARE right and there's no such thing as a pattern, you gain literally nothing by raging at others' delusion. Just live and let live.
>>
>>25726843
Why are you on a board dedicated to said imaginary monsters for children?
>>
Next Fire starter will be a kangaroo, that Zodiac fags say is a rabbit.
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 894x894
>>25726883
Because I can sperg out about ghost pokemon with other manchildren
>>
File: 1458193733198.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458193733198.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>25726800
>Cyndaquil
>Fire Mouse Pokemon.

I really don't care either way, but is it hard to even consider the idea that Game Freak may be playing super godly fast and loose with the very idea if it was true? That they aren't following scientific categorization to a T when tossing fictional monsters at us?
>>
>>25726800
Because autism. Best ignore it if possible.
>>
>>25726938

Cyndaquil still looks nothing like a mouse and it's evolutions are the furthest thing from it. The Pokedex doesn't mean shit because it also claims that Macargo is hotter than the sun

Fennekin is a a stretch too
>>
None of them are exactly any type of living creature, they resemble real world/mythological creatures

Charmander line are reptiles - Dragon
Cyndaquil line resemble rodents - Rat
Torchic line are fowls - Rooster
Chimchar line are chimps/apes - Monkey
Tepig line resemble boars - Pig
Fennekin resemble foxes - Dog

Foxes are a part of the family canidae, the same as wolves, jackals and dogs.

Cyndaquil might look like an echidna, but it is called the "fire mouse" pokemon. Why wasn't it called the "fire echidna" pokemon instead? Because it's to tie it to the Chinese zodiac as the Rat. Even in Japan it is known as the "ひねずみポケモン "

The only other proof that the Chinese zodiac theme is real can come when the Sun & Moon starters are shown. If it's a rabbit, ox, tiger, horse, snake or goat then you and everyone else will have their answer
>>
>>25726800

>Fennekin does not apply
>Fennekin is a Fennec Fox
>FOX

Are you just that stupid?
>>
>>25726999
No part of Cyndaquil's line resembles rodents.
He is an echidna who turns into a stoat and then a honey badger. The last two are mustelids, not rodents.
>>
>>25727026
You know foxes aren't part of the Chinese zodiac, right?
I mean, I know you don't, but I feel like rhetoric questioning is an effective way to point out idiocy.
>>
>>25727124
Again, the problem here is that for whatever dumb reason, Game Freak decided to give it the 'Fire Mouse' title. This is what it boils down to.
>>
>>25727149
What it boils down to is the odd creeping feeling you get that no matter where you run to, your darkest fears and thoughts will never fully leave the deepest corners of your mind, and they'll slowly erode your personality and aspirations until you're left with nothing but a shell of your former self.
>>
>>25727203
das deep
>>
>>25726898
kek
>>
>>25726883
Well why are you on a board dedicated to fictional monsters and trying to make an argument?
>>
>>25726938
>where are my testicles?
>>
>>25726999
>The only other proof that the Chinese zodiac theme is real can come when the Sun & Moon starters are shown. If it's a rabbit, ox, tiger, horse, snake or goat then you and everyone else will have their answer
If GF specifically said that fire type starters are based on the zodiac people would argue that they're not. Just look at the argument against Cyndaquil. GF classified it as the fire MOUSE and people argue that it doesn't count. They're too fucking stupid to understand that a MONSTER can be based on multiple things. If the next fire starter is a snake anti-zodiacs would say it's a worm, if it's a rabbit they'll say it's a wolpertinger, if it's an ox they'll say it's a buffalo or bull, if it's a goat they'll say it's a sheep, if it's a tiger they'll say it's another member of the big cat family and if it's a horse they'll say it's a zebra or a donkey.
>>
>>25727142
You know foxes are part of the dog family, right?
I mean, I know you don't, but I feel like rhetoric questioning is an effective way to point out idiocy.
>>
>>25729368
>all this mental gymnastic to fit in your autism patterns

Next fire starter is a bison, zodiacfags say it represents the goat because they're both quadrupedal mammals
>>
>>25729313
I like how you much to cling to "b-but Cyndaquil is a fire mouse", and yet none of you even tries to justify Fennekin

Also, if you're going by first forms, then Charmander is a salamander/lizard, not a dragon, thus not fitting in your made-up pattern either
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.