[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your wish list of things wanted in a fanmade game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1458607368841.png (90 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1458607368841.png
90 KB, 557x605
What's your wish list of things wanted in a fanmade game? Granted that you like them.
>>
More puzzles and exploration.
>>
I'd like to see lore that ties in with multiple Pokemon. Hell, exploring the ruins of a tomb that tells of the creation of a few Pokemon in those ancient times would be supported by me.
>>
>>25725701
>puzzles
>remove/replace dumb mechanics like HMs and IVs
>no fakemon
>no modifying battle mechanics in major ways which will inevitably be op and stupid (lol let's have a universal spore tutor)
>wild pokemon arranged in an interesting way, not just copy/pasted or handing out cliche overused pokemon everywhere

god tier:
>better battle system
but i haven't found a completed game like this. i vaguely remember one that was almost finished but it was in portuguese or something
>>
Literally everything that's in Pokemon Sage
>>
>>25726517
How far does the current version go?
>>
>>25726566
I don't even know man.
>>
>>25726495
Aw man, brings me back to the ruins in gen 2. Wish they had gone a bit deeper with it.
>>
Contextual mechanics replacing HM functions. I was thinking about this earlier actually.

>buy a swimsuit for swimming in freshwater and normal ocean water
>rougher/deep ocean requires a pokemon in the party capable of surfing, doesn't have to know it though
>extreme currents and whirlpools require said pokemon to be of a certain level
>this pokemon usage extends to cut, strength, flash, etc. you just need to have a pokemon that is obviously already equipped to cut trees or light caverns

The catch is that some boulders are larger/heavier than others, some trees are thicker than others, etc. This would be a nice way of blocking off a variety of areas scattered around the region until your Pokemon were ready to deal with what's on the other side.

I'm considering making an Essentials game in my spare time, and if I do, I'm implementing this.
>>
>>25726566
Just the first gym I think
>>
>>25726714
One last thing I want to add onto this is that these context actions wouldn't just be limited to regular HM functions, but also to deal with a variety of puzzles and secrets. You can have Mr. Mime or another Pokemon that is known to create barriers block rushing water, or have Alakazam translate cryptic hieroglyphs when fiddling around in ancient ruins. Have Onix act as a bridge between two platforms if they're close enough, or use Hypno to manipulate wild Pokemon local to the area to handle puzzles your own team is otherwise unable to handle. Shit like that. Basically turning your team into a more veritable swiss army knife for whatever occasion.
>>
>>25726714
I've considered doing that too, but my objection is that level restrictions can't be used as a concrete way to limit exploration, since someone with unnatural patience could just grind to that point. Not without implementing a level cap that increases as the story progresses, which sounds just awful.
>>
>>25726941
>which sounds just awful.
I disagree. You shouldn't need to grind in a pokemon game anyway and badges letting you level doesn't seem out of place. I'd almost prefer it in the real games so you don't have to worry about overleveling and trivializing content by exploring everywhere.
>>
>>25726412
This. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>25726503
>>25726714
inspired by these
>puzzles
>replace HMs with items (torch for flash, hammer for rock smash, goggles for dive, etc)
>no fakemon
>>
>>25726714
>>buy a swimsuit for swimming in freshwater and normal ocean water
With alternate character models while wearing it. I'd love to play a swimmer.
>>
>>25725701
Only Fakemon being needed crossgens.
FARFETCH'D EVO
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.