[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New fossils!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: 200px-Skull_Fossil_anime.png (59 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
200px-Skull_Fossil_anime.png
59 KB, 200x150
Post ancestors that have yet to be represented as fossils. Let me start we don't have the ancestor of object Pokémon, so a Monolith fossil.
>>
>>25725534

All the fossil Pokemon suck. There is a reason they died off.

Please gamefreak stop this madness of making pokemon with shitty stats that only reflects the fact that they died off.
>>
>>25725534
Ancestor of carnivorous plant Pokemon - Some kind of cycad which traps prey within amber.
>>
They should do something like a sabretooth, or a giant armored centipede, or one of those reject elephants, or a Dunkleosteus
>>
>>25725534

Rock/water prehistoric whale. Starts off as an ambulocetus looking thing, evolves into basilosaurus. Give it an ability/stat distribution that lets it stand out from the 3 rock/water fossils we already have
>>
File: Basilosaurus.png (311 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
Basilosaurus.png
311 KB, 500x302
>>25726986
I'm with this. It's a cool idea
>>
You're getting a Plesiosaur and a furry Dimetrodon and you're going to like it.
>>
A true raptor plz. We finally got a T-Rex Pokemon in Gen 6, now let's get the 2nd most famous dinosaur out of the way.
>>
File: arthropleura.jpg (182 KB, 1024x545) Image search: [Google]
arthropleura.jpg
182 KB, 1024x545
>>25726413
absolutely
>>
>>25727159
We also need a stegosaur and ankylosaur Pokemon- then we'll have gotten most of the famous kinds of dinosaurs out of the way

As for non-dinosaur fossil Pokemon I would like to see a sea scorpion or a glyptodont (a giant armadillo that looked like a dinosaur)
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (38 KB, 425x609) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
38 KB, 425x609
Rock/Fighting Neanderthal/Caveman inspired Pokemon, ancestor to other human-like fighting types like the Machops and Hitmons.
>>
>>25727319
Lol, cool idea, but would never get greenlit.

Pokemon got huuuuuuge flack back in the day because it "pushed the evolutionist" agenda. Having a Neanderthal pokemon would just be bad publicity for no benefit (unless it becomes good publicity?).
>>
>>25727406

I seriously doubt they would get any serious flak for it; this isn't "back in the day" anymore. Anyway, there are already Pokedex entries that make mentions of Pokemon evolving certain features over time that are unrelated to the process of "Evolution" as it usually pertains to Pokemon.
>>
wiwaxia mon that evolves into hallucigenia
>>
>>25727406
Make them a cyclops race covered in hair. Human like. Not human.
>>
>>25727319
I've never been a fan of human like pokemon, but that's a pretty cool concept
>>
>>25726413
If we're gonna do dunkleosteus, it had better be a relicanth evolution or mega.

It'd be luvdisc/palindromemordnilap all over again.
>>
>>25725534

>the ancestor of object Pokémon

N/A

Most object Pokemon are like those youkai that spontaneously form from items. Whatever force that causes them to spawn isn't going to be found in the fossil record.
>>
>>25727726
What's the source of that gif?
>>
File: please gamefreak.png (364 KB, 621x337) Image search: [Google]
please gamefreak.png
364 KB, 621x337
>>25727857
Es from Ponyo
Although that's not a dunkleosteus.

I's actually a dipnorhynchus, which were very closely related to coelacanths.

Armored fish arr rook same though, and relicanth deserves it.
>>
>>25727298
>ankylosaur
We have Torterra.

>glyptodont
That's what Chesnaught is.
>>
>>25728070
Torterra is a tortoise not an akylosaur

Chesnaught is a chipmunk with a nut shell on its back and freakishly long arms
>>
>>25727319

I've wanted this for fucking ever. Maybe start with an australopithecus looking thing holding a stick, evolves into a neanderthal holding a bone club. It loses most of its fur when it evolves, the fur it has left in places looks like cavemen's rags
>>
>>25726172
wow it actually makes perfect sense
DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: Torterra ankylosaur.png (368 KB, 1081x381) Image search: [Google]
Torterra ankylosaur.png
368 KB, 1081x381
>>25728347
Not him but Torterra literally has the same head spikes and segmented body
>>
>>25728469
So did the extinct turtle Meiolania: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiolania

Seriously Torterra is definitely a turtle/tortoise Pokemon
>>
>>25726172
>Aerodactyl
>Shit stats
>implying the power creep didn`t cuck the poor basterd.
>>
>>25727319
>Has a branch ones a primitive fighting type, the other is primitive psychic type
I mean psychic types to be human like as well.
>>
>>25728469
The tail hammer though.
The tail hammer.

Wood Hammer doesn't count because it's not visible.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.