[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XY or ORAS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Hey guys, iv played all the handheld pokemon games up to black 2 and haven't touch the new 3d model games for the 3ds.

i have just purchased a 3ds and am waiting for the delivery, my question to you guys is which 3ds pokemon game do you perfer and why.

ORAS/ X&Y

i know pretty much nothing about these games other than ORAS are remakes of ruby and sapphire. like to hear your thoughts on which i should be playing first. thankyou
>>
They were both rush jobs but X/Y is the better one.
>>
>>25724506
As >>25724523 says, XY, there both mediocre titles btw.
>>
hmm, thought people loved the new games
>>
Whichever. They're both fun. You could just do the release order and go X/Y -> ORAS.
>>
>>25724506
buy both, play xy first then oras. If you've played every game up until now why stop here?
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228 KB, 893x1200
Get XY. ORAS is only viable if you didnt play RSE.
>>
>>25724506
X/Y had character customization and new areas designed from the ground up. They weren't great but they were something new. It has a really poorly written and poorly paced plot with bland characters.

OR/AS just took R/S and put a new coat of paint on it but it's fundamentally the same and held back by the old design of R/S. They even took out a lot of features that R/S/E had. And they also literally copy-pasted some features from X/Y with no change. Dexnav is cool the first time but gets boring and repetitive immediately. Same for soaring. OR/AS's plot and characters isn't much better than Y's but it does improve on the camera angles and character expressions.

Both don't have the kind of post-game people would expect (battle facilities) and instead they opted for an extra story sideplot. Many consider the sideplot in X/Y to be better than the main plot and it is decently written. OR/AS has a higher scale but is very poorly written.
>>
i take it people play online battle on oras as its the newest
>>
>>25724594
I love how charts like that never fail to exclude any kind of positive whatsoever according to the creator's bias. I mean, ORAS wasn't the best remake but whoever made that chart should blow his brains out and save us the oxygen.
>>
>>25724605
yeah
>>
I chose ORAS I haven't gotten past Mauville because it's boring.
>>
Is there any way to randomize the Gen 6 .cia files?
>>
If you haven't played R/S/E, get ORAS, you won't be disappointed. If you have played them, you will be. In that case get X/Y.

>>25724540
They're both good games.
>>
>>25724594
Why do people go by this guy opinions? He finds every littles details he can to shit on the game and even relate back to other games with features. Did people even play Oras, nope because if they did they would use their own opinions instead this stupid ass guy.
>>
>>25724830
>Why do people go by this guy opinions?
people dont go by that randoms opinion. this is an anon board where anyone can post. you dont have to believe it. thats all up to the user.
>>
X/Y:
Like in Gen 5 you get a bunch of elemental pokemon choices early to avoid the classic tackle/scratch/etc war for the first 10-15 levels. A completely on the rails kind of experience. The next destination is almost always directly next to the one you are currently in. Hardly any post game stuff.

OR/AS:
Shit ass pokemon early on. Hope you like having the exact same lineup every time you start playing this game again. A map so poorly designed they added in several NPCs to teleport you to the next destination. A LOT more legendaries to catch post game but still not much actual content.
>>
play both, you've time between now and SM
i'm gutted i've lost my XY copies and running through ORAS now, it's not the best, but it works
>>
Not OP here - similar question though. Played through X, good fun. Briefly (1 hr) played OR but lost interest almost immediately and sold it.

Should I get a copy again to tide me over til S/M? Not wholly a fan of the storylines; usually collect and build teams instead. Will grab a copy of X again otherwise
>>
>>25724625
Yeah I feel it too anon, on my way to my second badge and I'm just bored as hell. I really think it's more of just a problem with Hoenn being boring though
>>
I too consider buying OR/AS to pass the time until SM.
Might prepare some pokemon to trade over at the beginning and beat the game with though, this made my second X run so much better.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.