[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The REAL reason you hate Gen V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: black-white-2.jpg (30 KB, 229x207) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2.jpg
30 KB, 229x207
>BW actually tried to have a story, it tried to be different, but you hate change.

>You'd rather have pokemon not have a story at all so you can do whatever you want. You hate being strapped along for a handcrafted ride and prefer to have a dozen mediocre options than one good option. You probably enjoy open world games.

>You couldn't handle being unfamiliar with all the new pokemon and being forced to relearn them

>You only care about competitive and post game

>You were probably burnt out from Pokemon after playing the fuck out of HG/SS

>You only hate BW2 because you've already experienced and explored most of Unova from BW and developed an automatic distaste for anything related to it

>You're bandwagoning on the hate

Not all of these apply to you but most of them should. Now I know there are a ton of other reasons but they honestly sound like nitpicks most of the time.

Most people who took a long break or started pokemon with Gen V tend to enjoy it for what it is. While most people who kept up with pokemon and started Gen V when it came out got turned off from it.
>>
File: L8Ox1sK.jpg (19 KB, 285x327) Image search: [Google]
L8Ox1sK.jpg
19 KB, 285x327
>unovabortion damage control
topmost of keks
>>
honestly i just hate on it because unovabortions are obnoxious and think it's the best game in the series and constantly talk shit about other gens
>>
File: 1442413189654.jpg (44 KB, 481x454) Image search: [Google]
1442413189654.jpg
44 KB, 481x454
>>25722911
Oh, but Genwunners, Johtoddlers, Hoenniggers, Sinnohicks and Kalosers never do that, right? Hypocrite.
>>
File: 1452394372457.png (175 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
1452394372457.png
175 KB, 500x519
>>25722911
>hating on something because of the fans

Literally the worst reason to hate any piece of work, ever.
>>
You don't speak for me.
>>
>>25722895
Who the fuck is this faggot who keeps crying over gen 5 the past few days?
>>
File: GDXQvUB.png (335 KB, 650x359) Image search: [Google]
GDXQvUB.png
335 KB, 650x359
>>25722895
Nothing from that applies to me, I hated BW because:

- C-Gear is garbage
- Dream World is even hotter garbage
- Trubbish line is LITTERally garbage
- No Pokéradar to shiny hunt after maingame
- You can't even obtain a Pikachu in Black/White. Fucking PIKACHU, Carl!

Also, the back sprites are shit.
>>
>>25723080
It's the truth, accept it.
>>
File: gen 1 mew.jpg (75 KB, 687x686) Image search: [Google]
gen 1 mew.jpg
75 KB, 687x686
I don't hate Gen V stop yelling
>>
>>25722936
You are kidding right?
Genwunners are the only other degenerates who go out of their way to bitch and moan and claim that their gen is the best.
And you are worse than them right now.
>>
>>25723093
Please, come up with better nitpicks.
>>
>>25722895
I played every gen so far and actually really enjoyed white/black and black 2. I liked the idea of not knowing whether or not having pokemon was right, and N hit me right in the feels
>>
>>25723103
Yeah, right. Who do you think you're fooling here?
>>
Unovabortions screaming louder than Hoennbabies I see.
>>
>>25722895
>It tried to have a story
And it was a shitty story.
>But you hate change
Mmm, if I'm still with Pokemon after all these years that means I've come to accept change.
>Unfamiliar with new Pokemon
BW's only redeeming factor was its Pokemon. B2W2 had a great post game but that was IT'S only redeeming factor.
>You only care about competitive and post
Not true at all.
>Burnt out from HG/SS
Only furthered my love for the series, and to go from such highs to mediocrity was disappointing
>You hate the sequel because you already played the original!
So the exact opposite of Platinum?
>Bandwagoning
Gen V was shit, deal with it.
>>
fourth gen, best gen
>>
File: 1451775667505.jpg (49 KB, 499x406) Image search: [Google]
1451775667505.jpg
49 KB, 499x406
>>25723103
>>25723161

Disregarding Genwunners, Unovabortions, or whatever. I think it really depends on the type of player. HG/SS and B/W are very different games despite being released close to each other.

HG/SS is more open, it lets you do whatever you want with no interruptions.

While BW put you on a detailed, directed path.

One has options with less detail and the other has more detail but less options.
>>
>Tfw you like Gen IV but everyone calls you a fucking moron and berates your taste
At least I don't go out of my way to spam threads about "WHY GEN IV IS BEST GEN" and shit.
>>
I don't hate Gen V but Black is the only pokemon game that I've owned that I've never felt like replaying, and I never got B2/W2
>>
>>25723221
>And it was a shitty story.
Yeah, that's why I said it tried.
>Mmm, if I'm still with Pokemon after all these years that means I've come to accept change.
That depends on what kind of change. I'm pretty sure this applies to you:
>You'd rather have pokemon not have a story at all so you can do whatever you want. You hate being strapped along for a handcrafted ride and prefer to have a dozen mediocre options than one good option. You probably enjoy open world games

>Burnt out from HG/SS
You misunderstood. I'm basically saying you enjoyed HG/SS so much that you had your fill. But buying the next pokemon game is a given for you and ended up not enjoying it as much because you've already experienced a lot of it. This point probably doesn't apply to you though.

>So the exact opposite of Platinum?
D/P are completely different from B/W. It's not about going from shit to great. It's that B/W changed how the main story is played by putting you a directed path. See >>25723305

The Bandwagoning only applies to those who haven't played much of Gen V or got turned off from it before finishing either game.
>>
>>25722895
>BW actually tried to have a story, it tried to be different, but you hate change.
Yes

>You'd rather have pokemon not have a story at all so you can do whatever you want. You hate being strapped along for a handcrafted ride and prefer to have a dozen mediocre options than one good option. You probably enjoy open world games.
eh

>You couldn't handle being unfamiliar with all the new pokemon and being forced to relearn them
mostly because the pokemon in gen V were shit

nope

definitely not

>You only hate BW2 because you've already experienced and explored most of Unova from BW and developed an automatic distaste for anything related to it
definitely

yeah right, this board is filled with people bitching about how much they want the series to go back to b2w2.

unova's biggest flaw is imo the region, the routes are all forgettable as fuck and who thought a completely linear region would be fun to play through?
>>
>>25722895
>STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE

I liked gen 5, but your post screams that to me.
>>
>>25723433
If Pokemon went more open-world, with a number of different routes that went off in different directions but a set order of gyms, that would certainly be interesting. But just because it would be different and neat doesn't mean it's a good idea.

The "detail" that exists in Gen V would be appreciated if there was a bit more effort actually put into it. Like, instead of that stupid sequel bullshit they pulled, why not combine the two storylines into one game, where you go through the region the first time and become the champion and then restart as a different protag and go through B2W2's region (which, to be honest, was not a drastic change from the original game, whereas the size and differences of Kanto and Johto were huge) and then end up fighting your first protag as the Elite Four champion, only he has the title Legendary and you have to beat him using Kyurem, or for an even more satisfying endgame, have to fight him WITHOUT a title Legendary? That would be way more satisfying as a story arc and would have actually felt like a more detailed Pokemon plot than the shit they ended up giving us.

Damn, I just made a better Gen V than what actually exists.
>>
>>25723562
Nah, I liked seeing how the region changed 2 years later. I'll agree that they did miss a great opportunity by having a B/W protag battle.
>>
>>25723602
You mean how they added a section and kept everything else pretty much exactly the same?
>>
>>25723622
The changes weren't drastic, but there were changes. Your method implies there would be no change at all, which essentially worse.

It could maybe work if they planned to do that from the start, but that would pretty much be splitting the region into different games.
>>
I love BW2, best Pokemon games, but BW1 is shit and worse than XY

Unova also has the best set of new Pokemon
>>
>>25723655
Or they could have actually put effort into the "detail" had have a two year time skip within one game and had those details from B2W2

Which would honestly not be that difficult.
>>
>>25723689
Sure, more detail is always a good thing. At the very least it's better than just rehashing it like Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.
>>
I don't. I loved the changes

Why would i evrer prefer mediocre over good?

See above. Starting all over was among the most refreshing experiences if my life. 2bh i even felt kinda sad that they introduced so many pregen5 mons in BW2

I barely give a shit about afterstory, maybe a bit but not more than pregame

Why would i be? Why would i play them any more than the rest of them? Even if i was maybe a bit burnt out i would only be refreshed by the new games. See the above

This is getting silly. Why would i buy the third version at all if i was sick of third versions? If i already was used to them? If i had played emerald and platinum and enjoyed both? This time they even went for the timeskip thing instead of the simple final version route

i wasn't even here then

>The REAL reason you...
>YOU
This is the wrongest, yet most classic assumption of them all
>>
File: laughing_hard_michael.jpg (18 KB, 257x283) Image search: [Google]
laughing_hard_michael.jpg
18 KB, 257x283
>>25723093
>no way to shiny hunt
>shiny hunt
>>
>>25723834
Do you even hate Gen V?
>>
>>25723805
Who?
>>
File: 1456320579232.jpg (5 KB, 196x244) Image search: [Google]
1456320579232.jpg
5 KB, 196x244
>>25723859
No
>>
>>25723907
Then the post doesn't even apply to you. It's directed at the people who DO hate Gen V.
>>
>>25723907
Get the fuck out of here moron.
>>
But I love Gen 5 OP
>>
I liked Gen V, I just hated the awful backsprites, distribution of mons, the characters (Cheren, Bianca, gym leaders weren't that memorable), and box legendaries were ugly. I also disliked the anime, but that's another thing in of itself.

BW were both mediocre, but better than most other 1st of the generation games, but BW2 blow them out the water.
>>
>>25724067
>box legendaries were ugly
Shitty fucking taste. Reshiram is GOAT
>>
>>25724067
>distribution of mons
BW2 had the best distribution of any game
>>
G-guys, I enjoyed all the Pokemon games. Even BW BW2. Even XY.

I think they brought good things to the series and breathed fresh life to it. I hope they combine the story of Gen V, the features and environments of Gen VI all while capturing the feeling of older games in SuMo

:3
>>
>>25724147
>I hope they combine the garbage of the new games with the old stuff that was actually good
>>
>>25724147
> :3

Can't tell if serious. Did you actually enjoy OR/AS?

>I hope they combine the story of Gen V
If Sun/Moon managed to have an even better story (which isn't saying much) and direction than B/W, I'm all for it.

>the features and environments of Gen VI

Some features like character customization should stay, others should be improved (like EXP Share).

>while capturing the feeling of older games
Fuck no, we want to move forward not backwards.
>>
>>25724233
Sounds great. I hope you continue to be butthurt.
>>
>>25722895
>you hate them because you are not playing the game correctly unlike me,,,
Simply epic, keep being an apologist, your reasons are always amusing.
>>
>>25722895

>Actually, I like a little change, and I liked the story in BW, didn't like most of the Pokés tho

>I like the story in Pokémon, it's what I prefer when I play a game for the forst time (this and the new Mons)

>This is true, I actually didn't like the fact we onlyy got new Mons, and I didn't like many of them (but LOVE garbador)

>I care as much for post game than for the actual story

>Didn't play GG/SS until AFTER I played B2W2

>I LOVE B2W2

>I didn't even know so much people hate BW at the time. I don't bandwagon.
>>
>>25724981
>I can't refute any of the points so I'll instead twist them into a different meaning and make OP look dumb!

Try harder.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.