[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are rotational battles so unloved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Will-O-Wisp Rotation Battle.png (125 KB, 592x503) Image search: [Google]
Will-O-Wisp Rotation Battle.png
125 KB, 592x503
Why are rotational battles so unloved?
>>
Because they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>25722486
Very few people know how they work out don't want to learn.
I personally love triples and rotations because it feels a bit more like a normal Rpg.
>>
Triple battles are retarded but rotation seems like it could be pretty deep with the mind games you have to play when switching out and attacking can happen in the same turn.
>>
Just a little too gimmicky.
The games themselves don't promote them *that* much either.
>>
>>25722784

This guy knows whats up. Triples and Rotations in the Maison are the only thing that keep me playing still.
>>
>>25723030
did triples and rotations exist in any of the gen 6 games during the main game?
>>
>>25723227
only in the Le restaurants. I think they only added Triple/Rotation as a selling point than a real main feature. Double battles seem to be in better favor. i believe its because of the high difficulty they might possess, and GF doesnt want hard until you beat the elite 4
>>
>>25722486
Personally I love rotational battles
>>
>>25722784
>>25723082
These. Triples and Rotations are way more unpredictable and could have fun outcomes.

>>25723227
Excluding the Maison and Institute, you mean?
>>
I like them more than singles tbqhf

So many obscure moves/abilities/pokemon can shine in a way that doesn't work in singles, the expansion of creativity is great
>>
Rotations seems like rock-paper-scissors game for me.
>>
File: 1408473516023.jpg (60 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
1408473516023.jpg
60 KB, 600x429
My problem with that is the same I have with doubles and triples. They require a completely different mindset in comparison to singles, and considering that 99% of the battles in the main game are singles, I don't feel like learning it.

Yeah, I'm that lazy. But honestly, I don't get why GF doesn't mix them up more. I'm not saying "just make all battles double", but I dunno, maybe half of them throughout the adventure? It doesn't make sense that the official battle format for tournaments is barely existent in the games. To make it worst the other formats are even more rare (the real offender here are horde battles; promoted as a selling pint in the trailers, and, not counting wild pokemons, you make literally TWO of those in the whole game, and those two are even fucking shit).

Another thing that prevents me from using any format using more than one pokemon at the time are the frame drops.
>>
>>25723629
This.

Like, fuck, Regigigas is a hell of a lot more viable in Rotations than in Singles.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.