[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright I just got into Pokemon last week, just finished White
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1456611750923.png (55 KB, 194x231) Image search: [Google]
1456611750923.png
55 KB, 194x231
Alright I just got into Pokemon last week, just finished White 2 ( fucking amazing I might add ) from a 5 year break, what's this pokebank shit and why is everyone telling my the new gen is garbage?
>>
>>25718601
The creators REALLY fucked up this generation's story. Shitty and bland characters, foreshadowing leading to nowhere, cockteasing us with several things we've desired etc. Gen 6 is effectively the first gen where the primary games lack a third version whatsoever, kind of the opposite situation of BW and B2W2. Apart from that, stuff's pretty ok.
>>
>>25718601
Because it is garbage, anon
>>
>>25718601
>Alright I just got into Pokemon last week, just finished White 2 ( fucking amazing I might add )

Felt the same way. I think most people who start BW2 after a long break tend to enjoy it rather than the fans that never took a break who I think tend to enjoy HG/SS more.

Gen 6 went fuck all with the EXP curve and control. There are various unpredictable factors that give you extra EXP and you normally tend to end up way higher level than what you're facing against.

Things you can do to minimize it:
>Switch less often (Each pokemon that were in battle get 100% of the EXP instead of it splitting amongst them)
>Turn off EXP Share (It's a key item which gives all pokemon that haven't participated in battle 50% of the EXP the defeated pokemon gives)
>Do not play pokemon amie with your main party

There are aspects of XY that I really enjoyed that weren't in previous games though and I think that alone makes it worth a try. It took some steps back and a few forward in another direction.
>>
>>25718762

I generally agree with this, though I'm lazy so whenever I add a pokemon to the party that is currently unusable due to being too low level, I turn on the xp share for a while.

Then again I play with set style so grinding a single pokemon by having it as the first in the party and switching is very inconvenient.

Also, the companions are fucking annoying.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.