[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know that people drop Pokemon for silly reasons, but what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: blood.png (113 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
blood.png
113 KB, 400x240
We all know that people drop Pokemon for silly reasons, but what's the absolute dumbest reason you've ever heard for someone dropping it?
>>
I'll start. My friend stopped playing because 5th gen had a sequel instead of a third game. I'm dead serious.
>>
>>25717386
My friend stopped playing in 2004 when we were kids because he wanted to act like a grown up. He bet me $50 I would stop liking pokemon by the time I got into highschool. he moved away a few years later so I never got that $50
>>
My friend that got back into pokemon with XY after skipping three generations says he probably won't get Sun or Moon because "He hates how competitive we get"

That sounds like a crock of shit to me because my group of friends are mostly karenfags that only use our faves and not what's top tier, and we have loads of fun every time we play, and this faggot in particular spends hours a day playing competitive games online.
>>
>>25717386
Some people give up on Pokémon, cause.
They believe that It's for kids.
>>
>>25717386
A girl I knew stopped playing because her boyfriend (who was a massive dick in general) at the time didn't want his girlfriend playing video games because that's not lady like.
>>
Probably "the new Pokemon look like shit" thing. I have so many friends that are genwunners and trying to argue positive things about newer gens is fucking aggravating
>>
>>25717386
>fucking Megas, it's just digimon now!

Easy way to spot underage. If you grew up with RBY you remember the playground legends of the PokeGods.
>>
File: 1452455881426.jpg (47 KB, 600x556) Image search: [Google]
1452455881426.jpg
47 KB, 600x556
I remember a kid who quit playing Pokemon because his little sister started playing it.
He said that Pokemon was "for girls", and didn't even beat what he had started on his Emerald cartridge.
I haven't seen him since then, but I think I remember him picking up Yu-Gi-Oh to replace Pokemon.
>>
>>25717386
Believe it or not, some people quit because Pokémon is too much of a pointless time sink, cause it makes their lives get too caught up in the never ending whirlwind of RNG bullshit and steadily increasing number of new Pokémon, mechanics, and scheduled events to keep track of. They don't feel they're being productive by investing so much time in this hopeless hobby and they quit the franchise in hopes to escape the black hole of ever growing despair it started to cause.

Truly the most pathetic bunch, they are.
>>
I dropped it after gen 4, during the first year of /vp/tr/, because catching 'em all seemed too hard now.
I said I'd come back for gen 8 (for no particular reason), but I failed.
I came back when I found out BB/VW existed, but Sun and Moon were announced the very next week so I guess it was inevitable.
>>
>>25717683
Yu-Gi-Oh is for girls, though. He can't do that.
>>
>>25717386
My BF quit playing after first gen because "151 is enough".
>>
>>25717386
Someone I know stopped playing when he saw HGSS because following Pokémon made him feel ill.

He is literally autistic.
>>
>>25717393
we never needed him then [/spoiler]and this is from somebody who loves gen 4 more than 5[/spoiler]
>>
>>25717506
I typically just wait for the next gen when that happens.
>>
>>25717386
>Because you touch yourself at night
>>
File: mei.png (90 KB, 254x254) Image search: [Google]
mei.png
90 KB, 254x254
>"The original 151 were all based on animals. Now we get all this manmade shit."

Despite the fact several Pokemon in the original 151 were the result of human meddling. Porygon is UNQUESTIONABLY this.

>"The anime is terrible ever since Misty left."

Misty was terrible when Togepi came into the picture and even before that she was more of a comedic fold than an action girl. The writers had fuck all of an idea of how to handle group females until May and Dawn came into the picture.

>"____ looks like a Digimon."
The reasoning for this is usually along the lines of "It's overdesigned with stars, spikes and shit" or "It doesn't look like something you'd find in the wild." It's a baseless and subjective assertion, like suing for psychological damage for someone's tone.

>"The Game Boy games had soul."
There are reasons why people say this and a lot of it is projection of what they think Pokemon games should feel like. "The low tech music was supposed to convey cold/loneliness" or "the trainer should feel alone and desolate." or something on those lines. It feels like this is less about what Pokemon should be and more about the feeling they had first playing the game.

Also, it was always meant to be a cash cow aimed at kids. Your parents knew this and just because you didn't at the time doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>25718741
>"the trainer should feel alone and desolate."
That's literally the opposite of the point of the games and anyone who tries to assert otherwise probably only ever played on an emulator.
>>
>>25717490
common reason yes, but that doesn't make it any less stupid.
>>
>>25718741
>"The original 151 were all based on animals. Now we get all this manmade shit."

This so much is why most of my friends stopped playing. I don't get mad at them for doing so because its usually from the internet complaints when they come to me about a new Pokemon game.
When I introduce them to other Pokemon in that region they're like "Oh wow that's actually cool" they got upset and Trubbish and Vanillite but love Scolipede, Darmanitan , and Archeops
>>
>>25718741
>that last point
Those people definitely never played any GB/NES games besides Pokemon if that's what they think.
>>
>that kid who used to play it but now calls it Pokeymanz pretending he never used to play it
>>
My friend dropped it because he said Pokemon had been too casualised. He still claims to like gen 4 and 5, despite them having a shit ton of handholding too.
>>
>"They keep adding more Pokémon"
No shit, it's a game built around catching Pokémon, it'd be a pretty boring series if they just kept the exact same number of Pokémon every time.
>>
>>25717506
This always happens with me, most of my friends are colossal genwunners despite most of them only watching the cartoon, if even that they're great people otherwise, though
>A - God I can't stand the new pokemon, they're, like, all just blobs now
>B - What about Muk? That was literally a blob
>A - Yeah, but, that was first so it was new and had charm
"Charm" is a synonym for "I like it cause of nostalgia" to them.
>A - All the new pokemon are wayyy too overdesigned. Rememeber when pokemon were realistic? Like, just animals but cooler.
>B - What animal was Nidoking again? What about Jynx?
>A - Well, they were bad-ass monsters, obviously. It IS called pocket-monsters, yeah?
>B - Mr.Mime didn't feel that realistic. Nor Machamp; Where did it get the belt and underwear?
>A - oh my GOD, B, its just a silly cartoon for kids, chill out S:DDDDD

alright to be fair, that example was with my total cunt room-mate in uni. But my friends hold similar opinions.
>>
When the Mega Evolutions were getting revealed, an anon said he was dropping the series because Mega Kangaskhan debunked the Cubone theory.

I don't really know HOW it debunks the theory, but it got rid of a headcanonfag so I can't complain.
>>
>>25721356
When they back out at the last moment because they can't defend their opinion anymore and going any further will only make the conversation more obnoxious than it already is.

One of my friends have a legitimate reason for not liking the game any more and it's because he's not into turn based games as he used to be.
>>
>>25721403
>>25721356
You all must admit, the newer gen's artstyle has vastly changed from the first gens
>>
File: 1415826403141.jpg (43 KB, 373x521) Image search: [Google]
1415826403141.jpg
43 KB, 373x521
>>25717497
>her boyfriend (who was a massive dick in general)
>>
>>25717683
>>25718161
desu I've literally only ever seen girls who were still into yu-gi-oh after the first season/generation
>>
File: 1458446606482.png (2 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458446606482.png
2 MB, 1024x1024
>>25717506
Fuggin this. Genwunners are so pig headed.
>>
I stopped when I first realized I couldn't trade between games because of the hardware. I was to sad to play for a few years
>>
File: 1454953054996.png (172 KB, 449x398) Image search: [Google]
1454953054996.png
172 KB, 449x398
>tfw you're a gen 1-6 apologist, but you don't mean to be
>>
>>25721522

I'll admit the artstyle has changed to appeal to a younger fanbase, but it still has some gem Pokemon older fans can enjoy
>>
>>25717386
My friend says he can't learn all the names.
He also says that he only likes the "original 151"
>>
File: 1453335321927.jpg (125 KB, 536x694) Image search: [Google]
1453335321927.jpg
125 KB, 536x694
>>25717386

>I dropped pokemon because one pokemon out of the seven hundred and twenty one of them looks like a double scoop/keychain
>>
>>25722314
I know I dropped battle spot singles because of that keychain at least
>>
>>25722314

people still do this
>>
>>25722314
Fuck that guy. I like the ice cream Mon.

And the keychain is cute, but I dont ever see myself using it, only because it's a Steel-Type and I find grinding them a little tedious. (Good type, though.)
>>
"You cant catch all of the pokemon in one game so why bother playing?"
>>
>>25717393
Some of us can't afford one game for the price of two, and rely on the third games.
Thus, I still only have bought Emerald and Platinum, and my other Pokemon games have been given to me for free.
>>
>>25725891
He works as a computer technician for a government facility. I'm pretty sure he has the money for it.
>>
>>25726124
Ahh, I see.
But for me and others, please do consider our wallets.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.