[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could I get some advice on my team? I'm really new to Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (156 KB, 628x906) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
156 KB, 628x906
Could I get some advice on my team? I'm really new to Pokemon Showdown, I'm trying to do a stall team with MSableye.
>>
Remove the gen 5 garbage
>>
File: test.png (33 KB, 1196x118) Image search: [Google]
test.png
33 KB, 1196x118
>>25713339
Replace with ferrothorn? Slowpoke maybe?
>>
You might want to use Clefable's unaware set, or use Quagsire, if you don't want setup sweepers to roflstomp your team.
Also, you're cancer for playing full stall.
>>
>>25713315
>stall team
shame on you. replace tentacruel with something that can do more damage.
>>
someone post that stall build where every mon has different items
>>
File: 1424468833932.jpg (156 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1424468833932.jpg
156 KB, 803x688
>>25713315
>I'm trying to do a stall team

here's my advice
>>
>>25713443
>>25713448
>>25713442
>>25713475

What's a play style besides stalling? I literally don't know.
>>
Cmon man only sodomites use stall teams. Try to use a more manly team
>>
>>25713495
>sodomites
?
Like what? I suck. I saw a guy sub, buff, then baton pass a ninjask into some dragon. That was pretty cool.
>>
>>25713486
All out attack, let opponent setup gimmick hazards and use hyperbeam, flareblitz etc. That's what I do. It's much more fun for me.
>>
>>25713486
Set up sweepers using calm mind, bulk up, curse etc.
Hyper offense like using groundon, Blaziken, talonflame aka cancerbird.
I personally like to vary and have 3 hyper offense mons + two set up walls/sweepers and one stall mon.
>>
If you're new to this I'd suggest to get a well made team from Smogon forums, stick with it for a while to learn how it works, like what mon on your team you need to beat specific threats, then repeat the process with a few more teams. Building a decent team on your own requires you to have pretty good knowledge of how battling works in the first place, so leave that for later.
>>
>>25713315
That Sableye set isn't all that good. I would either switch to Calm Mind+Recover+Will-o-wisp+Dark Pulse pshysically Defensive or, if you love that set, at least cut either toxic or Will-o-wisp for Foul Play. Foul Play makes it nearly impossible for physical sweepers to set up on you.

Speaking of physical sweepers, Swords dance Gliscor kills your entire team and you got no way to stop it. I would recommend switching from full stall to semi-stall.

Remove Tentracruel. You don't need it, Sableye is what keeps hazards off the field, not that thing. Replace with Manaphy using Rain Dance, Calm Mind, Rest, and either Ice Beam or Energy Ball. The Rain + Hydration Ability + Rest means you can stall and set up and boost your scalds all at once. Manaphy is fucking amazing on teams like this.

Second of all, Amoongus adds almost nothing to your team. Replace with Ferrothorn so you have a good answer to Choice Band Azumarill, which would otherwise fuck you up pretty bad.

Lastly, I would change Clefable to Unaware with Wish, Protect, Moonblast, and Flamethrower (so you can rape Scizor and friends on the switch-in). Make it specially defensive. makes a great wall, and you can Wish-pass to heal wounded teammates, making switching in even easier.
>>
>>25714100
Fug, I meant ot say use scald for Manaphy's last move. I'm an idiot, thought it got 5 slots for some damn reason.
>>
>>25713315
>stall

Have you considered killing yourself?
>>
>>25713315

Sick Hoopa counters
>>
>hyper offense faggots everywhere
Did SkarmBliss double team your mothers when you were childen?
>>25713537
Hyperbeam? Please tell me you play gen 1 ou.
>>
>>25714181
Is there a difference between walling and stalling?
>>
I wish people played Inverse Battles.

I made a whole team just for it, and I've only used it twice. ;_;
>>
>>25714270
Would Avalugg be as good as I think it is in inverse?
>>
>>25714317
I mean, it's a tank through and through. But that also makes it slow.

A large part of Inverse IMO is making sure that your stats are good and that you can account for surprises that come with the inverted weaknesses and resistances. Just because types are inverted doesn't mean your stats are.
>>
>>25714317
Also if you make a team please play I'm so lonely all alone. ;_;
>>
File: 1415877047669.png (96 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
1415877047669.png
96 KB, 241x228
>>25714424
>D-do you want to play Pokemon or something? I dunnknow never mind. Sorry.
>>
>>25714317
Avalugg is S rank in inverse, and I'm pretty sure it's always been. It's just godly there.
>>
replace jirachi with slowking
>dragon tail
>recycle
>belly drum
>slak off
have it hold red card
ev train it hp and atk, with +atk -spd nature(protip: take away speed ivs)
>>
>>25713315
Gen 6.5
>>
>>25714650
slowfag here
any ability is good, but I prefer oblivious you dont want to get stuck using a none attacking move then get taunted
>>
>>25714719
Verlis, fuck off.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.