[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How isn't Meowth Giovanni's most valuable commodity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: 20150101230316[1].png (97 KB, 1254x1254) Image search: [Google]
20150101230316[1].png
97 KB, 1254x1254
How isn't Meowth Giovanni's most valuable commodity? He is literally a Pokemon interpretor.
>>
Giovanni only cared about $$$$$$$$
>>
>>25713030
>Ask belligerent Pokemon what it wants to join him
>Meowth communicates
>Giovanni instantly knows how to get every ultra powerful legendary Pokemon to join him
>>
>>25713022
Giovanni doesn't care about Meowth.
>>
He found Meowth annoying after a while iicr
>>
>>25713051
Has Team Rocket ever been the negotiating type?
>>
>>25713063
Why though? How many problems through out the series could have been instantly resolved by Meowth just talking to the Pokemon with the problem like he did with that one Sunflora.
>>
>>25713069
Giovanni's entire relationship with Mewtwo was negotiated.
>>
>>25713081
Other than the fact that he made him.

And besides, we all know how well that turned out, don't we?
>>
He has a unique skill, but it hasn't proven very useful to Team Rocket. Chances are, most Pokemon aren't interested in selling out the others. The ones that are already joined, like Meowth.
He's also kind of annoying, and could easily be lying half of the time. He would lie in an attempt to negotiate better living arrangements for himself, or to pass out insults to the rest of the crew. If he wasn't willing to lie, cheat, and steal, he probably wouldn't be on Team Rocket at all.
>"It says you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny."
>"It thinks that such a valuable and skilled character such as myself should have the biggest bed in the mansion."
Then there's the inferiority complex with the Persians
>>
>>25713022
Pokemon don't have businesses and, to be honest, most Pokemon have a feral animal mindset until domesticated so interperating Pokemon is way less useful than it sounds to a man like Giovanni.
To somebody like Ash or a Professor, however, he is extremely nice to have around but Meowth fucks up any relationship with somebody he sees as a goody two shoes
>>
If Giovanni was a savvy businessman, he'd set meowth up with his own reality tv show, and milk that shit for all its worth. People would flock to him and throw tons of money his way just to know what their pokemon is thinking.

Plus, all that attention might be just what the doctor ordered to cure meowth of his inferiority complex.
>>
>>25713022

>not using Meowth as an undercover agent too spy on, and gain the trust of, valuable wild pokemon

>not using Meowth as some kind of surface attraction, because people should be amazed at a talking Meowth, and pay to come see it.

I mean, sticking it with two failures who are only good for insurance schemes seems like a waste either way.

The other question is why doesn't Gamefreak give Meowth special treatment?

>just as prominent in the anime as Pikachu
>still no equivalent of the Light Ball
>>
>>25713513
I still can't get over Meowth being skipped over in Smash Bros. as a playable character 2bh
>>
>>25713462
I dunno, Meowth is scared shitless of Giovanni, so I'm sure he would be able to discipline him to act more like his Persian.

But like others said, negotiating with Pokémon isn't really a useful skill for TR because Pokémon are animals and don't do business negotiations with people. Plus TR takes Pokémon by force anyway and basically enslaves them.
>>
>>25713578
Meowth isn't really that prominent in the games.
>>
>>25713513
If I remember correctly, didn't Mewoth dislike acting like a regular wild Pokemon because he felt like he was better than that? Hence walking on 2 feet and everything.

Also, I wonder why GF didn't shill him as well, I mean between Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Meowth, gen 1 had some pretty marketable normal type when it comes to merch, and yet all we get is Pikachu in Charizard or Lucario outfits.

Pokemon is big enough to shill more than those three, fuck.
>>
>>25713030
You're telling me a talking Pokemon isn't worth a lot of money?
>>
>>25713591
Pokemon are a really weird combination of stupid and smart in the anime. On the one hand they are really naive and will believe pretty much anything like when Team Rocket tricked that Dragonite into defending them from Ash and Claire but on the other hand Bulbasaur organised other Pokemon into constructing an artificial lake and Clefairy literally have space ships.
>>
>>25713609
He walks in two feet because that's what he's used to by now. After he put in all that effort to impress meowsie, his musculature is probably fucked beyond belief, and he might not even be able to run in all fours.
>>
>>25713601
Well of course. It definitely would've been anime influenced just like Jigglypuff

>>25713609
As far as merch goes, Meowth at least does okay. Not as much as some Pokemon, sure, but a sizable amount for fans to get if they wanted.
>>
>>25713626
I've always found it odd that they can fully understand human speech, but they can't speak despite being able to say their names, which require using sounds from human alphabets.
>>
>>25713666
>Cats can say meow
>They can't say antidisestablishmentarianism
>>
Kinda makes me wish for an episode where meowth meets another pokemon who is capable of human speech. He seemed really happy when he met those ventriloquist dummy performing Pokemon, but then had his heart crushed when it turned out they were all just an act.
>>
>>25713725
Didn't he meet that talking Slowking in the Pokemon 2000? And before anybody corrects me, Pokemon 2000 is canon.
>>
>>25713739
iirc, slowking is one of the only Pokemon species who is canonly able to speak. Meowth had to brute force it, and that's what makes him special. I feel like there's just got to be another Pokemon capable of performing the same fear of breaking through their biological limitations and doing the impossible
>>
>>25713657
When Pokemon was still a fad, I scrambled to get a Meowth toy. I still have it.

>>25713683
Cats actually have a huge variety in their vocal range, leaving most other animals in the dust.

>>25713601
If you don't stick Meowth in your team as a money grind superstar, you don't know how to live your life right.
>>
File: 12312132.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
12312132.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>>25714069
>Payday
>Viable source of income
Good joke.
>>
>>25714097

Say that to my face when my happy hour payday smeargle with a lucky coin is chipping away at those Blissey's with no moves.
>>
>>25714117
Okay, I will say that to your face when that happens.
>>
>>25713769
Slowking can learn how to talk over time. The one in the movie was pretty old iirc and had a lot of time with its shelder attached.
In one of the episodes, a newly evolved slowking couldn't talk. I imagine it only happens after a while.
>>
File: 1414072377293.gif (481 KB, 127x160) Image search: [Google]
1414072377293.gif
481 KB, 127x160
>>25714208
And when they talk they sound like this man.
>>
>>25714208
The Lugia from the anime couldn't talk either.
>>
>>25713022

He's also a bizarrely accomplished electrical engineer. He makes most of TR's mechas, doesn't he?
>>
File: meowth 4.jpg (10 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
meowth 4.jpg
10 KB, 250x166
>>25714255
He also knows how to play human guitars. And he is a successful song writer in the Japanese versions.
>>
>>25714255
They buy most of them. I think that's why they are still employed, because they are massively in debt to Team Rocket.
>>
>>25714097
>he didn't use payday gen 1
>>
>>25713601
Jigglypuff was included in solely because of her popularity from the anime, in the games Jigglypuff is literally just there.
>>
>>25714331

I thought Jigglypuff was included solely because making Meowth's skeleton was too hard but Jiggs could reuse Kirby's.
>>
>>25714342
>>25714331
>inb4 Meowth's just a pokeball summon
>what is Charizard in Smash 64 to Brawl for 400 Alex.
>>
Why don't more people freak the fuck out when they find out he can talk?

Even Oak of all people just treated it like a curiosity.
>>
>>25713725
I'm hoping for an episode where Meowth actually FIGHTS Pikachu instead of taking his hits/trying to restrain him. It would be an extremely emotional battle if done correctly

>>25714069
>"Cats actually have a huge variety in their vocal range, leaving most other animals in the dust"
that actually makes a whole lot of sense. Too bad it probably wasn't intentional and just a reference to a yōkai or something
>>
>>25714255
I always headcanoned that he had Technician
>>
>>25714470
Dude, when Meowth pretended to be friends with Pikachu back in Unova, Pikachu almost out right MURDERED him. Like, in all of the series, I've never seen Pikachu be that mad.
>>
>>25714392
Don't get why this was a reply to my comment? I was saying that Meowth has a bigger reason to be included, besides Jigglypuff's popularity in Japan he's more relevent thaan her. In fact, he was planned to be playable in Smash 64 but got cut due to hardware limitations.
>>
File: MEOWTH DATS RITE.gif (786 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
MEOWTH DATS RITE.gif
786 KB, 500x276
>>25714513
Meowth actually has a bigger role in Japan. He helped Team Rocket take over the Pokemon Radio show and listeners could call in and talk to Musashi, Kojiro and Meowth. He has his own segment in every Pokemon TV show that isn't the anime. He has had CDs of his songs put out. He also sneaks into every commercial Pokemon endorses, like McDonalds and even an AC unit.
>>
>>25713075
Not that many, actually. In the anime, pokemon can understand human language anyway. And Meowth doesn't have much charisma. Even Ekans and Koffing didn't want to listen to him early in the series when they were lost and their trainers weren't around. Giovanni probably finds his ability to speak more annoying than useful. So between that and being so weak, he probably sent him off with the fuckup duo because he figured he'd rather lump all the uselessness together rather than spread it around.
>>
>>25714470
>I'm hoping for an episode where Meowth actually FIGHTS Pikachu instead of taking his hits/trying to restrain him.
Meowth admits that he's a shitty battler. He'd get crushed in a second.

>>25714483
That... actually makes sense. Headcanons are stupid, but I sort of like that.
>>
>>25714470
>Meowth actually FIGHTS Pikachu

It all depends on the series. In Unova, Meowth was able to take out a bunch of Galactic grunts by himself, with their Liepards knowing hyper beam, he took them out with slash alone.

But back in Kanto, he couldn't even beat Brock's weak ass Onix with out using buckets of water to cheat.
>>
>>25714584
that's why whenever I have that fanboy thought, I always make it super emotional and imagine Meowth chucking away his ability to walk and talk in order to take on Pikachu
>>25714603
or it could be Sinnoh/Unova Meowth (reminder he took out Ash's Infernape plus one or two of his other Pokemon in a single Fury Swipe. Dramatized but so is Pikachu 24/7)
>>
>>25714635
Yeah, when Meowth wants to, he can be a complete bad ass. It's just...he forgets he can be a complete bad ass and just is ass.
>>
>>25714635
>imagine Meowth chucking away his ability to walk and talk in order to take on Pikachu
I don't think that's how it works. He couldn't just forget walking and talking like moves to learn new ones. He's just focused his attention on those rather than battling, so whatever moves he knows, he'd be relatively weak and unskilled.

Besides, he's never shown any personal animosity to Pikachu such that he'd want to sacrifice what makes him unique in order to engage in a normal battle. He doesn't hate Pikachu, he just wants to catch him.
>>
>>25714561
I really want to watch the segments and commercial sneaks but I'm almost certain Youtube doesn't have them
>>
>>25714683
if you keep me going you're really going to bring out my autism. I also make it overly emotional by having it be a forced battle that Meowth doesn't even want to do. I also play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DzrAbLp3WE when it happens
>>
>>25714770

Is Meowth fighting Pikachu to free him from mind control or something?
>>
>>25714738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU3R6g6tMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLIK9OahmOI
Here's the commercial where Meowth complains how Pikachu got his own version.
>>
>>25714798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCsEAwBDbfg
And here's his Domino's Pizza ad.
>>
>>25714245
Hamada-san
>>
>>25714798
>tfw no more rad-ass commercials like this
>>
>>25716773
nah I look at this and give prayer that animation is no longer that horrid
>>
>>25714255
James seems to be pretty good with machines too, remember the episode while Luxray evolving, and when they trick Clemont to build mecha for TR.

Obviously not as talented as Clemont, but still somewhat.
>>
>>25714437

Because the anime is inconsistent shit, the japanese really don't know how to write, especially shonen money making anime.
>>
>>25714255
He and James make them while Jessie sits on her ass all day. I think all of his skills were probab picked up from James, since it's been shown that his dad is a ridiculously skilled robotics fiend.
>>
>>25714683
What he needs is to find a super skilled trainer take him on. Somebody who has taken on multiple elite 4 challenged and won. somebody who can teach him how to release all anxieties and become a pokemon again.
uh... Not that I've pictured this before. Nope...
>>
Meowth had a hard life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTY0jxFB4x4
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.