[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best Support pairs to use for each playable character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-04-07.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-18-12-04-07.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
What are the best Support pairs to use for each playable character?
>>
>>25711830
>Can only be activated once per turn.
We Yugioh now
>>
>>25711830
Cubone and Diglett.
>>
>>25711851
But that says round
>>
As Chandelure I always take Cresselia or Espeon to cancel out Overheat
>>
>>25712298
This.
Chandelure needs some kinda status booster. I like Reshiram as a good alternative to stop close combat and match with hex.
>>
>>25711851
Nah, needs a "And once that turn" to make sure people don't abuse CotH or whatever.

inb4 Stratos errata
>>
>>25711830
As a Gengar main I find Espeon and Umbreon work well with him.

Plus it makes a cool Ghost, Psychic and Dark trio.

But when I unlock Farfetch'd and Electrode I'm gonna use them. Partly because Farfetch'd is my favorite pokemon, partly because Electrode's ability looks like it can help put distance between Gengar and my opponent, and Gengar doesn't do too well in close quarters.
>>
Why is Dragonite paired with Victini? And why can't you mix 'n match your own custom pair?
>>
All: Espeon.
>healing
>fast charge time
What can go wrong?
>>
In my early days, I used to use Whimsicott and Jirachi, mainly for Jirachi's boost guaranteeing that Sceptile's special kills when I need it too (also, I love Jirachi a lot), but I've been leaning towards Reshiram and Cresselia for him and Pikachu now. Usually, I use Cresselia to heal up a bit (and in Sceptile's case, build some meter as well), and in the 2nd/Final Round, I use Reshiram in Duel mode to either put pressure on my opponent or shave off a lot of damage while providing the attack debuff before I go in for the synergy kill
>>
>>25713777
>early days
It's been a week nigga.

On topic, depends on who I'm fighting, but I use espeon and umbreon for the first matches always. Shutting down a Vitctini Garchomp with snarl is the best.
>>
>>25713848
>Implying I'm not an arcade fiend in Japan :^)
>>
Reshiram mostly for Braixen, since she can cancel into Supports and do stupid damage.

Also pushes people back and out of your face, even if they block. SD helps build support so fast the slow charge time rarely means shit.
>>
>>25711830
Reshiram/Cresselia goes well with nearly every character, especially zoners, but melee characters also appreciate free healing/synergy boost of Cresselia and the massive damage and pushback of Reshiram that's nearly unavoidable in Duel Phase.

Fennekin is nice for almost every character because of the I-frames it generates. You can avoid pretty much any attack with Fennekin including Bursts as long as you time it correctly. Emogla is neat too, goes quite well with Chandelure which can abuse the stat drop down with Hex.

Croagunk and Sylveon is almost purely intended for zoners. Braixen likes it since Croagunk keeps the opponent far enough for Fire Blast to turn into a massive wall of fire.

Frogadier/Eevee is pretty good for characters whose Burst attack counts as a grab (Gengar, Mewtwo). Especially in Duel Phase the Frogadier assist forces the opponent to shield like mad, which you can use as a chance to fire off your Burst. Watch out for Suicunes though, since Frogadiers water shurikens can be Mirror Coated back for massive damage.

I don't have much experience with other supports. I heard Pachirisu/Magikarp is good for melee characters to the point it can shut down entire characters but I have yet to see that in action. Dragonite/Victini is also solid for melee, but generally inferior to Resh/Cress. Rotom/Togekiss seems good for Chandelure, since Rotom discourages the opponent from jumping (meaning more chances to Hex) and if they do decide to jump it inflicts them with a stat down (meaning more damage from Hex), while Togekiss can fix her middling speed.

The rest don't seem to be particulary useful, but then again the game is only like a week old so I might get proven wrong.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.