[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Gen was the best time for your favorite type? Which one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
>Favorite type
Dark
>Best time
Gen 5-Krookodile, Scrafty, Zoroark, Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Hydreigon. Loved all of them.
>Worst time
Gen 3. I admit, I didn't like the majority of them. Absol, Crawdaunt, and Sableye are the only ones I was interested in.
>>
Bugfag here.
>Best
Probably Gen 2 or 5. I'll go for Gen 2 for Scizor, Heracross, Forretress, Ledian and Ariados. Gen 5 had fantastic bugs though, the only one I don't really like that much is Crustle, but it's still cool.
>Worst
Gen 6, duh. Vivillon is okay, at least.
>>
>>25710267
>Poison
best time: Gen 1
worst time: Gen 2-6
>>
My favorite type is Dragon.

Gen 4 was probably the best time for Dragon because of the legendaries and Garchomp, but I have favorites from every gen except 2, and I like gen 5 dragons the most overall. Gen 2 only had Kingdra for Dragon types, so it was the worst.
>>
>>25710311
Does that mean 2 through 6 or 2 AND 6?
>>
File: 1458264744226.jpg (360 KB, 590x703) Image search: [Google]
1458264744226.jpg
360 KB, 590x703
>>25710267
Bug:
Best:

Gen 4 and 5
>Physical/Special SPlit forcing them to give us Bug Buzz and X-Scissor
>every Bug type now knows Bug moved because of Bug Bite
>powerful Bugs added and others given GOAT abilities

Worst:

Gen 3
>>25710307 is wrong about 6 because it gave us Speed Boost Scolipede and cool moves like Infestation and Powder.

Gen 3 gave us few really great bugs and the shittiness of the movepools was at an all time high.
>>
>Favorite Type
Grass
>Best Time
Has there ever been a really good time for Grass? It's never been that great offensively or defensively. Gens IV and V had the coolest new additions imo. Sawsbuck and the Turtwig line bros 4 lyfe
>Worst time
I don't really think there's been a worst time either. Maybe Gen VI now that Poison is seeing a slight resurgence due to Fairies, but Grass has enough weaknesses that one of them being slightly more common isn't going to make a huge difference. Definitely II design wise though. Bellossom and Jumpluff save an otherwise awful generation of Grass mons.
>>
>>25710377
through
It doesn't mean I don't like those Poison types or that no good Poison types were released since then but Gen 1 had 33, Gen 2 to 6 had 26.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any type got this huge of a decrease in the 5 generations together.

Garbodor, Drapion, Toxicroak, Skuntank, Dragalge, Crobat, Roserade and Amoonguss are all great IMO but this is just stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (234 KB, 1079x1749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234 KB, 1079x1749
>>25710311
Poison is stronger than its ever been, right now
>>
>>25710307

as a bugfag that has monotype ran every game, gen 5 was easily the best.

I can see why you'd choose 6 for only vivillon, but it's pretty good. The worst is gen 3, that was by far the most difficult run I had. The gen 3 bugs are all mediocre, except for maybe armaldo who only gets decent moves through breeding and move tutors. Even with heracross carrying the team, most of the gen 3 bugs were lagging behind hard
>>
>>25710652

it was still better in gen 1. As many good things you can say they have improved on steel over the years, those benefits will never add up to overcoming the nerf that was the introduction of the ubiquitous steel type
>>
>>25710652
All Poison types that were at least half good are good right now. But the Poison types I see most of the time are still mainly from Gen 1.
Obviously, my post wasn't well thought-out but the worst has to be Gen 2. Bug loosing weakness, and only 4 new Pokemon. At the same time, Gen 3 introduced 4 as well.
>>
File: Sad Santa.png (365 KB, 312x457) Image search: [Google]
Sad Santa.png
365 KB, 312x457
>Favorite type
Ground
>Best time
Gen 4 probably
>Worst time
gen 6
>only 2 new ground types
>>
>>25710747

there were new ground types in gen 6?
>>
>Fighting
Gen 4, it didn't introduce too many pokemon but the ones that did were amongst my favorites of the type and overall, Infernape, Lucario, Toxicroak and my favorite Gallade, awesome generation IMO.
>>
>>25710311
Gen 5 introduced cool new Poison moves but Gen 6 really dropped the ball. Venom Drench and Belch, why?

I like the Poison types they add, but they are still adding way to little.
>>
>>25710745

*improved on poison over the years
>>
>>25710775
Diggersby and Zygarde. Not that I don't like either of them, I just kind of expected more
>>
>>25710701
>>25710410
First post bugfag here.
Eh, I liked gen 3's bugs. I wanted to put it there but I remembered gen 6. Dustox is cool with Sludge Bomb, Psybeam and whatever, Shedinja can easily hax the game, Ninjask is decent, but I agree that the beetles and Beautifly are meh. Armaldo is elder god tier though, so it redeems it all.
>>
>>25710701
The bugs improved greatly after phys/spec split. Beautifly is a total bro for the early game
>>
File: 1439435917839.png (484 KB, 560x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439435917839.png
484 KB, 560x1000
>>25710601
Heyyyy, another grassfag.
>Best time
Debatable, I'd say Gen 5, but for whatever reason, only Ludicolo gets any buff from rain, and grass types out in the sun is just asking for trouble. I don't understand why Grass types don't have an inherent buff for being out in Sun/Rain like how Rock/Steel get the 50% SpDef. buff in sandstorm.
>Worst time
Gen 6 no doubt. Hardly any non-starter megas, Talonflame and Charizard on every team, gen 5 more or less skipping over introducing any new great grass Pokemon. Grass types getting an immunity from powder type moves sounds nice at first, but it only means if 2 grass Pokemon run into eachother in battle, it's going to be very drawn out unless someone switches. Poison is also a more common attacking type thanks to fairy, which indirectly hurts both pure grass types and grass/poison types since now must bruisers are packing Poison Jab.

Being a grassfag has always been hard, but it's been exceedingly tough lately now that GF is pushing Charizard more than ever. Maybe if they began to distribute Earth Power to grass types like how Water types get ice moves they could be better, but lord knows GF doesn't respect grass enough to give them proper coverage and movepools.

I'll still love them, but damn.
>>
File: e4 fighting.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
e4 fighting.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>25710267
Fighting type
>Best time
Gen 5 was the peak of fighting types. They were dominant and an omnipresent force in many of the teams. This was also the generation that included the most number of fighting types and the first legendary fighting types (granted, they're not at all great).
>Worst time
Generation 1, without a doubt. Although it introduced my favorite fighting type of all time and set the blueprint for other fighting type pokemon in the future in terms of stat distro, it was a bad time to be weak to Psychic, and was embarrassing, too, because another dominant type at the time was Normal, supposedly weak to Fighting.
>>
>>25710267
>Favorite type
Grass
>Best time
Gen 1 and 5 imo.
>Worst time
I'd have to say gen 6.
>>
>Favorite type
Psychic
>Best time
Gen 3,4, 6
>Worst time
>>
Not my favorite overall, but Gen 5 definitely propelled bugs to the top five types I liked. Looking back, Gen 4 definitely started the trend a little.

Gen 3 really didn't make me wanna use bugs at all.
>>
>>25710307
>Gen VI was the worst time to be a Bug fan
>not Gens I or III
What are you on?
>>
>>25710267
>Fave type
Water
>Best time
Gen 3. All sorts of great new Water types introduced in Hoenn like Milotic and Kyogre, and then a return to Kanto where I could use favorites like Slowbro, Cloyster, and Starmie.
>Worst time
Gen 6. Remove Primal Groudon reee etc.
>>
Fighting types are one of my favorites

>Best time
I'd say 3rd gen onwards at the very least.
>Worst
The first gen probably. Mankey, Hitmonchan, Poliwrath don't learn anything naturally but at least they can learn something via TM and Mankey does get low kick in Yellow. Hitmonlee learns almost nothing but fighting moves and the Machop line gets a couple at least.

When Gen 2 came around there was only 3 new ones but one of them was Heracross and he's cool. I don't think I'll ever use Hitmontop but he's there. Gen 2 also introduced a bunch of new moves too.
>>
>Favourite type
Electric

>Best time
I'm not sure. I wanna say gen 3 because there was a good selection of electrics and half the map being water would mean lots of SUPER EFFECTIVE

>Worst time
I'm currently running through Black 2 and it has shit all for electric selection imo. The bug is alright i guess
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.