[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats so good about BW2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15
File: black-white-2-med.jpg (85 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2-med.jpg
85 KB, 600x351
I found BW1 to be just 'okay'.
The region felt really linear compared to other entries. But on /vp/ people sing BW2's praises. What made it so great? It's in Unova again right? How is that not boring as fuck to play the same region again.

Why is this game often ranked #2 below HGSS for people? What's so good?
>>
>>25708190
The only good things are the postgame, Ghetsis and Kyurem.
>>
It's just a fun as fuck game
My only bugbear with gen 5 is trubish and vanilla I've cream mon.
Because God damn it
>>
I don't know but I just bought a copy of B2, mostly due to /vp/oreon's love for this game.
>>
I also don't like BW much but really liked BW2. For me it's a combination of various factors:
- much better Pokémon availability, it's like a proto-XY in that regard with Pokémon from every gen;
- while still linear, the journey doesn't feel like going in a straight line anymore thanks to intermissions like the boat and the plane that bring you to other parts of the region. You also go through a few towns without gyms unlike BW where every single non-postgame town after the first two had a gym;
- related to the above, you're left with more freedom in general and the story isn't bogged down by a billion repetitive encounters with Team Plasma and Cheren/Bianca.
>>
>>25708190
Are you the same guy from last time? Give it a break.
>>
BW2?
PWT, Black Tower/White Tower, Stronger E4, postgame city.
>>
>>25708234
As in Postgame
>>
>>25708230
I didn't realize that they removed the Unova Dex restriction from the beginning. This alone makes it a bit more appealing.
I liked only having Gen5 Pokemon but I wouldn't want to do it all again with the same Dex.
>>
>>25708247
They even throw Riolu in your face on Route 2 so I ended up having Lucario as my ace without planning to.
>>
>>25708266
Not route 2, sorry. I think it's route 20, but it's the second route you go through in the game.
>>
Speaking of the games, is challenge mode any good and worth a playthrough?

I'd have to do it through an emulator though since I only have W2.
>>
Better Pokemon variety, if you go to a new area, there's always new Pokemon to encounter, unlike with BW which had Lillipups/Purrloins for almost every route in the first half. It had the best Pokemon distribution until XY
While the game was still linear, it didn't feel like it as much, just because they move you around the map a lot more
The atmosphere of travelling and facing challenges is better handled than BW, especially with all the remixed gym themes
Good post-game, lots of major NPCs to battle, PWT is the most fun battle facility with all the cameos of the gym leaders and champions
>>
>>25708190
>Why is this game often ranked #2 below HGSS for people?
Because for the same reason HGSS isn't very good. We rate other pokemon games to that standard
>>
>unlike with BW which had Lillipups/Purrloins for almost every route in the first half
I implore you to replay just that part and realize your memory isn't correct
>>
>>25708190
Gen V is agreed to be the worst by the fanbase
But /vp/ being contrarian hipsters, they feel the need to worship the worst gen
Add to that a few jingoistic amerifats and you hve it...
>>
it's a good game, but the main reason people like it is because they weren't forced to use only 100% gen 5 pokemon.
>>
File: aff.jpg (30 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
aff.jpg
30 KB, 512x288
>>25709121
We're doing this again?
>>
>>25708190
>Not boring as fuck

But it is
>>
>>25709124
This, but it's still soured to me since they made everyone do that in the first place. Same with Keldeo and the Kami Trio, which were also fixed in BW2. BW1 leave such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm not sure I can ever accept the sequels.

My main actual knock against BW2 is that I would have preferred a single sequel Grey Version with a completed Kyurem instead so we could be done with all Unova stuff.
>>
>>25708190
it's because Ghetsis vowed to make Unova great again.
and he did.
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 680x620) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 680x620
>>25709121
>The gen that gets the most amount of fanart and recognition by the part of the Pokemon fanbase that actually creates content
>Considered the worst outside of /vp/

Do you think the only Pokemon fans are /vp/oreons and genwunners or
>>
>>25709508
I see what you did there
>>
It's by far myeast favorite game. BW was amazing and then BW2 came out and it became pure shit. I hate that fucking game with a passion and for one stupid fuckibg reason,"We are dancing for no reason, and someday we will stop for no reason." Fuck this game and it's shit excuse for the region being linear.
>>
>>25709512
>Most amount of fanart
>Ending sentence with an open or

Maybe it's the favourite on tumblr, faglord. Thankfully tumblr does not represent the thoughts of normal people.
>>
PWT is the best version of "battle tower" in the series.
>>
File: dancing.jpg (49 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
dancing.jpg
49 KB, 500x378
>>25708190
If you didn't like B/W, you likely won't like B2/W2.
The design philosophy is identical, and the plot is still very in-your-face and smothering.
Unova has been expanded a bit, but you're just taking a different linear path through it again.

Also, pic related is the most infuriating roadblock in the series. Worse than thirsty guards, worse than Lumiose blackouts, worse than "Slowpoke tail is tasty! Aren't you glad I'm standing in front of the gym and telling you that?".
>>
>>25708190
Have you played BW2 anon? It sounds like you haven't.

If not, just pick up a copy and judge for yourself.
But for a personal input, it's mostly because BW2 had some of the best content in the series.
>>
File: image.png (156 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 600x360
>>25709588
Pixiv, livejournal, several artists with their own websites that draw doujin, eastern Twitter artists and so on also like it a lot. Tumblr isn't the only website with artists and writers, but I guess you wouldn't know that since you stay on forums and argue the same points about how gen X is terrible while reposting the same images over and over again in your waifu threads (the same images that people in those previously mentioned places draw, so without them you'd have nothing to begin with)
>>
>>25709645
>>25709578
Holy fuck this is what I was taking about. Just seeing that picture makes my blood boil. Fuck that game.
>>
>>25709645
Yeah, I love W2, but those cunts must die.
Painfully.
>>
>>25708234
Black City > White Forest
>>
File: Untitled.png (26 KB, 423x380) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26 KB, 423x380
This is one of the first areas of the game.
>>
I'm playing black 2 right now for the first time.

It's ok. I don't like how I can't even see all the Unova Pokémon (and thus get the free shiny Haxorus) without gts help.
>>
>>25709734
So?
>>
>>25709742
I don't like how you get a free shiny Gyarados in Johto without any special requirements whatsoever
>>
>>25709734

It's just a shame how two of those require trading to evolve fully
>>
>>25709769
They had to introduce you to the mechanic somehow.
>>
>>25709775
there's kids who played Gen V as their first Pokémon games, so your argument is applies here too. GF doesn't make games for long-time fans only and you know that.
Also it's nice they acknowledge the Shiny Pokémon existance and special status within the game, I don't get what the problem with this is.
>>
>>25708190
There's >>25708230

Also, this game, by far, has the most to do outside the main game. Subway, PWT, Musicals, Big Stadim and Small Court, Join Avenue, Royal Unova, Gamefreak battles, Black Tower, White Treehollow, Funfest Missions (you can do with others or by yourself, PokeStar Studios, Striaton Cafe, it's fucking unreal
>>
>>25708276
Yes, if you use some self-imposed rules then the challenge mode can be brutal.

For example, if I have a pokemon I know can sweep a gym (Like Growlithe against Burgh) I do't use them until all my other mons are defeated.

The challenge mode is great, you don't get nearly as much "stupid AI spamming growl against your special attacker" and they're more likely to use STAB/SE moves. I'd suggest it.
>>
>>25709695
Except I don't do those things. You sound more like the type to do those things since you're obviously very knowledgable about autistic bullshit.
>>
>>25708190
Idk but i enjoyed those game, in fact was my first pokemon game and xy is boring
>>
>>25709830

All right, thanks.

Only issue is I'll probably end up using the same starter again for the third time in a row. I really don't like Snivy or Oshawott lines.
>>
File: 1458441449626x.jpg (9 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1458441449626x.jpg
9 KB, 256x256
>>25709121
I'm new to /vp/ and practically everywhere else I frequented before coming here agrees V is the best. Here just confirmed that.

It's more like people who browse /vp/ dont go anywhere else on the internet and assume the ICE CREAM POKEMON??? Guys still actually exist
>>
>>25709645
This is the fucking pinnacle
>>
>>25709816
>GF doesn't make games for long-time fans
as a long time fan I really appreciated what they did in GenV compared to the bullshit in GenIV and latter VI which were both just shit pandering

Unova mimicked the spirit of the early games without outright shoving them into everything
>>
Post your Black 2 Challenge Mode Nuzlocke Teams?

I finished with

Bawb: Audino
Bigsack: Azumarill
Ragnarok: Flygon
Checkmate: Bisharp
Ace: Arcanine
Joey: Vanilluxe

Dude, screw what people say about the icecream pokemon, it's a total bro. Also, Azurill is the top tier first gym pokemon in Black 2 Challenge mode, since they raised the level that Riolu gets force palm at to 15.
>>
>>25709645
They made the route gates wider because le bigger is le better but they probably didn't think about how there's no real justifiable way to block such a large space so regularly. Dumbasses dug their own grave on this one.
>>
>>25709845
/vp/ is full of genwunners/gentoo fags angry that no one likes them
>>
File: 1458161212127.png (175 KB, 1053x1070) Image search: [Google]
1458161212127.png
175 KB, 1053x1070
>>25708223
Oh look, another anon who has a needless hatred for the Trubbish and Vanillite lines. Likely for some ignorant and stupid reasons that make absolutely no sense at all.

That, or jumping on the bandwagon just because. That's always sad and ignorant.
>>
>>25709816
The argument doesn't apply since shinies were introduced in Johto, shit-for-brains
>>
>>25709845
I've been on /vp/ for years and I agree that V is best, even though iV is my favorite.

>>25709843
You know the best way to get over not liking a pokemon? Using it. I've played Black2 Challenge mode to completion more than I have any other pokemon game, and i've used completely different full teams every time.

I've used
Maractus
Vanilluxe
Garbodor
Scrafty

and all types of pokemon I dislike. I suggest using Snivy so you have a disadvantage against the first few gyms. It forces you to build your team better.
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339 KB, 777x922
>>
>>25709645
And the hilarious part is, this game should be FILLED with sequence breaking because HMs no longer require badges, so transferring over Pokémon could allow for infinite exploration. But nope, because you have roadblocks everywhere
>>
>>25709902
Different anon, I love both those lines.

Garbodor is less usable than Vanilluxe, but they both have a place. They have a charm once you get used to them.
>>
>>25709908
Gen one did age badly, but that's only because Firered and Leadgreen came through to do what they did better.

Also in terms of "journey" I think that HG/SS did it best.
>>
>>25709769
It's not that great and is mostly there so kids know shinies are a thing.
>>
>>25709908
This is premature, it's just 1 anon not linking Gen V. Dont waste it on a nothing moment like this

>>25709911
I think they added back the restriction for that. I traded over a water pokemon for the start of my first playthrough, realised it was an HM slave and just waterfalled up that first route and got Energy Ball super early. Then I just boxed it until I actually got the HM
>>
>>25709908
Voltorb and Electrode ARE good designs because they are based on the JRPG mimic archetype.
>>
>>25709769

If it was CATCHING all Unova Pokémon, I'd agree. But it's not, it's seeing them and acknowledging their existence. You should be able to do that in one version
>>
>>25708190

because HGSS are just filled with all fun features and also have longer journey, BW2 has the similar feeling, still all those stupid road blocks are annoying, why they even care?! We gonna get our ass kicked anyway by stronger trainers...

look...the king is naked there; all first new gen games sucks... they are so raw, sequels or remakes are filled with ton of leaked stuff... that's the magic
>>
>>25709645
playing through emerald, and it's the same, only it's forcing your mon to have HMs instead. Non-linearity is a good thing unless you enjoy battling underleveled trainers.
>>
>>25709845
Gen Vs most infamous complaint is the icecream mon.

So are you saying that it's not an issue while clearly more people think it is than not?

The issue is in the design, not the idea. Avalugg has no hate and it's the same concept.
>>
>>25709908
>I like everything equal
literally fucking makes my blood boil
>>
>But on /vp/ people sing BW2's praises.
You don't come here much, do you? People who actually like BW/2 or at least admit to it are the vocal minority. The vast majority of people on here who talk about gen 5 as a whole hate on the region.
>>
>>25710171
I can understand liking all the games, that's easy. But equally?
>>
>>25710180
Are you blind or are you retarded? Gen V is the most loved generation here, if you mention any flaws with it you get 100+ responses where people rush to defend it.

I'd say the most like games are HGSS, followed by BW2, followed by Platinum, followed by Emerald. And you even get people shitting on HGSS about how the Pokemon distribution was shit and how gen 5 was so much better.
>>
>>25710165
More people think it is than not? The majority of people who find it an issue stopped playing in Gen 3 anon
>>
>>25710279
I'm talking about the majority of the people that played gen V.
>>
>>25710272
Honestly, Gen 5 is the most polarized generation. Yes you have people who will rush to defend it but you will just as equally have others rush to shit on it.
It's crazy.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 720x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 720x421
>>25710180
>>25710272
Let's consult the chart, shall we?
Now, as shown Gen 5 WAS hated before, but now that the next generation is on its way, Gen 6 is hated and Gen 5 is praised.
Man, this thing just works too well.
>>
>>25710320
>Gen 4 is still considered the worst

At least they tried.

Charts like these only work for Sonic and Zelda
>>
I always see discussions about the mons/region/story of gen 5, but never about the music. I think they absolutely nailed the soundtrack that gen. And the quality of the remixes in BW2 were perfect, even better than HGSS.

Anyone else?
>>
>>25710450
Anon, everyone was singing praises of Gen 4 before. It was only considered the worst back in Gen 5. Now it's a mixed opinion. As it should be. There is no denying this chart.
>>
>>25708223
>trubbish and vanillite are bad meme
Go back to Kanto and play with your rats and birds okay?
>>
>>25708190

Post game is usually the biggest thing I look for in a pokemon game. That's why HG/SS, B2/W2, and maybe Platinum will always be best for me.

It's also why I'll NEVER stop shitting on ORAS. Fucking never
>>
>>25710470
I agree, the music is a good balance of exciting battle tracks, emotional tracks and comfy town tracks. Summer in Lacunosa and the diving theme, as well as the E4 battle theme and N's final battle theme are my favourites from BW. BW2 had too many good tracks for me to choose a couple
>>
>>25709907

If contrary snivy with early leaf storm was available i'd maybe like the line but as is, growth/coil spam feels boring.
>>
File: ViiLG.png (93 KB, 973x357) Image search: [Google]
ViiLG.png
93 KB, 973x357
>>25710450
>Zelda
Never stops being true
>>
>>25708190
Mainly it's just better than the trainwreck that was gen 4, but doesn't have the stigma of the initial backlash that BW1 got, which is why it receives such inordinate praise. XYORAS are much better overall.
>>
>>25710470
BW2's soundtrack is easily the best in the series.
>>
How is Volt White/Blaze Black 2?
>>
Keep in mind that before Platinum and HGSS came out, DP was the worst-received games in the entire series, bar none. They were slow, everyone fucking hated all the caves, and it basically embodied all the worst aspects you can find in pokemon to a level that even Gen VI can't touch. The fact that Platinum managed to salvage that region is a miracle in of itself, and HGSS had the advantage of being a remake of a gen people already loved.

Coming off the heels of how Gen 4 was early on, Gen 5 got a lack of slack. Hell if you ask me what my biggest issues with B2W2 is it's

>obvious forced roadblocks
>THREE POKEMON ONLY, NEVER FOUR OR MORE
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 326x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 326x343
>>25709121

Do you losers even try anymore?
>>
>>25710485
The opinion is generally, Platinum was great but DP bogs it down so much and a third version couldnt save the slowness of the region or all the other problems.

>>25710470
Unova>Sinnoh>Johto>the rest for music. Definitely.

>>25711503
LITERALLY 100% true
>>
>>25710320
>Gen 3 comes out
>1 best gen evar!
>2 worst gen evar!

Said no one, ever.
>>
>>25711811

In fairness Gens 1 and 2 might as well be a single game, as people have said here time and again
>>
>>25709882
t. fourteen year old
>>
I feel like I'm in the worst minority because I LOVED BW1 but absolutely didn't cared for BW2. It was just inferior bw1, not even bad. Just Inferior. It was the first time I actually felt that the "third game" is worse than the previous ones. I don't hate bw2 it's just I can't understand how it's better than bw1, that's all.
>>
>>25711909
If Gen 1 and 2 might as well be one game then BW and BW2 might as well be as well
>>
File: 1440950632725.jpg (8 KB, 180x175) Image search: [Google]
1440950632725.jpg
8 KB, 180x175
>>25712161
Same for me, actually. Guess we're the only ones of our kind here.
>>
>>25712161
>>25712335
How could it have been worse? Curious.
>>
>>25711664
D/P may have been shit, but hands down its the comfiest region
>>
>>25711575
Excellent.
>>
>>25709902
>>25710502
I like Muk line but I can understand why others don't, unlike you salty fucks.
>>
>>25709121
>I don't like it therefore I speak for the whole fanbase
>Anyone who disagrees is just a contrarian hipster or 'Murican
So not only are you self proclaiming here but you're also deluded, generalize an entire nation showing just how stupid and immature you are and you bring nationality into it as if that has fuckall to do with anything.
>gen 5 is based on an American city so only 'Muricans can like it
I guess fans of every other generation are fucking Japanese then?
>>
>>25709902
>waahh people don't like certain Pokemon designs
Why don't you fuck off back to your tumblr hugbox if you can't handle people having different opinions?
>>
>>25709645
This. Right fucking here. Fuck anyone who likes this game for this right here. Litterally could have been fun but no. They did this.
>>
>>25709645
I can shit on gen V till the cows come home, but I thought that roadblock was pretty funny. Never realised it made this many people sperg out.
>>
>>25710502
Love that salty Unovabortions are incapable of defending their shitty gen on its own merits, because they know it barely has any. I've heard more complaints about Gen 1, 2, 4 and 6 (though usually not gen 3, maybe this is the new Hoennbaby pastime) than I have good things about Gen 5 from these idiots.
>>
>>25710320
The real chart is that odd numbered Gens always have fans with a huge persecution complex and even numbered gens always have fans confident enough to just like their games.
>>
>>25714546
>Incapable of defending on its own merits
Gen 5 Pokemon aren't as bad as everyone says. Give or take, 80% of them are good.
amIdoinitrite?
>>
File: 1427398480165.jpg (37 KB, 342x359) Image search: [Google]
1427398480165.jpg
37 KB, 342x359
>>25714607
my nigga
>>
>>25709645
I love those guys
>>
>>25709121
This pretty much closes the /thread.
>>
File: 1390355752552.png (511 KB, 642x479) Image search: [Google]
1390355752552.png
511 KB, 642x479
I enjoyed it mainly because it wasn't just a rehash of the same two previous games with a little more content and the legendary pokemon representing it. Crystal is basically G/S, Emerald is pretty much just R/S and Platinum = D/P
The element of BW was there but in BW2, it pretty much felt like its own game regardless with its sequel based line, much more interesting and worth buying then. It had its downsides but it still kept me amused.
>>
>>25712503
that neon green grass and middle mountain made me want to relax so much
>>
>>25711562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60d1lnYk1g

Indeed my friend
>>
>>25710470
>gen 5 remixes
>ruining every track they did touch
kill yourself
>>
>>25709645
It's supposed to be ironic, did peopele seriously take the fucking pokemon version of osomatsu san serious
>>
Play it and find out for yourself you dumb fucking nigger kill yourself.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.