[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon diversity ORAS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: rattatas.jpg (68 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
rattatas.jpg
68 KB, 500x293
So, I'm playing through ORAS at the moment, and I'm getting more and more annoyed.
There are over 600 of the fuckers available, so why do I only really see like, 20 of them? Fucking rattata/pidgey clones everywhere and I'm getting quite sick of it. It's impossible to make a fun team while going through the game because you never run into interesting pokemon. And I don't mean OP ones, but just interesting ones. Typings which aren't dime a dozen. Fuck off and just show me the good shit. I want to see some ice pokemon, or even a fucking electric/something. Just quit it with the standard shit I've seen in every game before this.
>>
>>25708180
>So, I'm playing through RS at the moment, and I'm getting more and more annoyed.
>There are over 300 of the fuckers available, so why do I only really see like, 20 of them?
>>
>>25708180
If you didn't decide that you didn't want Wingull at first, it's okay, because the game's kindly put Wingull in 25 different locations just for you.
>>
>>25708180
First off, there is rarer shit in the grass, a little legwork will get you something decent or at least not shit. Second, the diversity picks up the further you go (sadly some pokes have the zubat/geodude treatment and appear literally everywhere.)

Stick it out, it gets better, and also postgame has even more variety.
>>
>>25708220
>Second, the diversity picks up the further you go
right up until you hit Lilycove, where I hope you really love Tentacool
>>
>>25708180
This is literally the same as every game before
>>
>>25708202
>Not having a totally Bro Wingull/Pelipper on your team
>>
>>25708325
I don't like pelipper's design one bit
>>
>>25708228
Don't you think it then may be indicative of an issue?

>>25708220
Yeah. I'm really trying to. Looking at maps and on websites right now what can be found where, but it's still pretty thin. Like: want to have a water pokemon before Lavaridge town? Hope you want to use a Pelliper, Garyados, Tentacool, Lotad or a Marill, because you ain't gonna find anything else. Ghost? You can have a Sheddinja, or you could double back to Granite cave and get a Sableye. Same for quite a lot of the other types as well.
>>
>>25708347
Well that's your fault. There's nothing wrong with it. It looks almost identical to the animal its based off of
>>
>>25708349
Well yeah, it's a problem with all the games.
>>
>>25708180
>playing unhacked games

There's your problem. Go play one of the ORAS romhacks if you want catch variety and challenge.
>>
>>25708385
I also kind of have to disagree with this. I may be mistaken, but the diversity in XY was much better.
>>
>>25708180

I mostly disagree with this, the grass routes have plenty of pokemon to choose from.
However, fuck tentacool/wingull for every single fucking water route. Water is one of the most common types and yet here we are with only those two lines showing up in like a third or fourth of the whole map.
>>
File: MEANWHILE, IN HOENN.png (891 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MEANWHILE, IN HOENN.png
891 KB, 1920x1080
>try an ORAS nuzlocke
>use a dupes clause, because fuck it, I don't want a team of zigzagoon and poochyena
>by the time i've reached the later routes, there's nothing left to catch, because i've already caught everything on the earlier routes
>>
>>25708475
At least you can go back later and get non-Hoenn Pokemon on those routes.
>>
>>25708711
Honestly, those should've been available earlier.
>>
>>25708761
They should've. Last gym was way too late for that shit. At least it's a little better than before.
>>
>>25708770
It felt weird to go back to relatively barren Hoenn after Kalos.
I do think they went slightly too far with the distributions in Kalos (Bagon before the 2nd Gym? really?), but at least you had access to a wide variety of options.

Sure, ORAS gave an explanation for the new pokes, but have we ever needed an explanation for most habitats? As long as there's no Snorunt near an active volcano or something nobody's gonna give a shit.
>>
>>25708799
Never tried bagon early game, but that actually doesn't seem too bad. It levels up slow and doesn't even get stab till after it evolves at level 30. If anything it's probably going to gimp your team.
It's not like axew, which is also available early, but gets dragon rage at level 10. Though it only evolves at 38 so you're going to have a nuke that peters out and becomes useless midgame
>>
>>25708891

>Dragon rage

that shit is rad early game, even charmeleon gets it
>>
>>25708391
>every game lacks as much diversity as xy
>xy are the worst main games
Anon, YOU are the problem.
>>
>>25709396
>xy are the worst main games

But that's not how you spell BW2.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.