[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: shit that's not, like, impossible to deal with, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: walt2.png (108 KB, 290x280) Image search: [Google]
walt2.png
108 KB, 290x280
itt: shit that's not, like, impossible to deal with, but it's always just a big hassle if you're not prepared for it

>Justified+Beat Up doubles leads
>>
justified + beat up is babby's first gimmick and if your team is worth a shit and you've seen it already, it should be easy enough to predict and shut down in time
a big part of good team building is making your team able to shut common tactics like that down
good thread though
>>
File: ecks dee.png (26 KB, 208x104) Image search: [Google]
ecks dee.png
26 KB, 208x104
top kek
>>
>surprise trick/switcheroo
>unaware
>Chansey if I have no more knock off users
>>
fucking genies
>>
>6v6
>have a team with a psuedo-dedicated lead
>opponent starts the game with a single-turn sweeper like BellySitrus Azumarill and my lead can't do shit to it
>>
>>25707932
And how do you prepare for it without having to build your team around specifically countering that?
>>
>>25708601
if you have to specifically build a team to counter this tactic, then you're very likely a scrub who just throws 6 favorite nonlegendary attackers on his team and calls everything that beats it unfair, but don't worry, everybody has been through this
you have a team preview for a reason - justified doesn't have a very wide distribution and most of the time the mon that will be getting the boost is terrakion because of it's solid defense. if you see whimsicott and a terrakion on the preview, you now know it's likely opponent will be doing this.
so let's say we are sure the other dude will be doing this shit - what do? simple - for example pick something that can shit over the terrakion pair it up with a mon that will make sure you're not completely fucked if the whimsicott or whatever tries to fuck over whatever can beat terrakion while it protects.
that's the gist of it. of course, you can't expect every opponent to act the same and you will need to use prediction, but that's how the battling goes.
>>
>>25708594
i hate it when this happens
>turn 1
>dragonite used dragon dance!
>>
File: 1449547930849.gif (229 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1449547930849.gif
229 KB, 500x382
>dude comes with a Klefki
>he starts with thunderwave
>he then confuses while increasing my attack for maximum pain
>changes for ditto if I manage to win despite all the hax
>>
>>25708685
I'm new to competitive but I don't think I'm as bad as throwing random mons together for a team.

I assume something like Mega lucario or guts conkledurr with mach punch would deal with terrakion? Or bullet punch on whimsicott. Or even a faster taunter. I already had ideas how to stop it but I don't trust my ideas since I'm very new. Just wanted some experienced point of views.
>>
>>25708708
>come back ___!
>go, unaware clefable!
>opponent's dnite uses outrage!
>clefable is immune!
>opponent's dnite is confused!
>clefable used moonblast!
>>
>>25708742
This. How the fuck do you stop that thing?
>>
>>25708790
I didn't, I only had my own ditto left and couldn't do anything.
>>
>>25708764
mega lucario could be potentially an okay choice in this situation, since a jolly 252atk build can take out a terrakion in one hit with close combat or, if you're feeling lucky, iron tail. guts-boosted conkeldurr would probably do the job too, but i am not sure if it's warranted in this point.
whimsicott is pretty much the fastest way to taunt thanks to prankster and beat up is an attacking move, so i don't think this would help here. if you throw a good attacker with super effective moves at it, it should be good enough. trying to cripple it with prz could help too, but that might be too rng based for your tastes - could help if the whimsicott stays alive for a longer time, since prz will eventually kick in. either way, shutting terrakion down is the priority, since if it dies, the beat up goes to waste.
if instead of whimsicott you expect weavile, run bullet punch on your stuff instead so you can stop it fast enough. adapt your tactic accordingly.
don't be afraid to experiment with stuff, i recommend this as a way to get past the initial hurdles and start to git gud.

oh yeah and if i am wrong about anything, feel free to correct me, i am not any kind of pro either
>>
>>25708942
No, this is all good info. I thoght there were faster. I feel if I equip my team with the right tools, priority, status moves, ect then I should be able to adapt and handle most situations. I just hate losing to gimmicks
>>
File: 1458429398485.jpg (80 KB, 524x480) Image search: [Google]
1458429398485.jpg
80 KB, 524x480
>opponent leads with lopunny
>think it's gonna megaevolve
>switch in a wall
>it was actually a klutz-assault vest lopunny
>it switcharoos the assault vest on my wall
>perma taunted the rest of the match
>>
>>25708969
shit will sometimes happen, bruh
it's all about that versatility
>>
>>25708764

I actually rekt a max attack Terrekion with Foul Play yesterday, felt pretty nice doing it in with its own attack. Thank god Rock Slide missed
>>
>>25709026
How did you outspeed it? Did they not setul tailwind?
>>
>>25709374

I didn't outspeed it, Rock Slide just whiffed my Sableye so it could hit back. Pure luck. I can't remember if they had Tailwind deployed or not.
>>
>>25709005
Holy shit that's genius.
>>
Double team spammers. I win some. I lose some. I hate all of them.
>>
Common Noob-killer tactics and how to counter them:

>Justified + Beat Up
Priority kills this. Mach Punch is SE on Terrakion and Weavile/Sneasel. Bullet Punch is SE on Whimsicott and Terrakion. Good answers are Mega Lucario, Scizor, and maybe Hitmonchan.

>Swag-Play
Magic Bounce destroys this. If you have a Mega Diancie, that's the best answer, but Mega Sableye, Espeon, and Xatu will do as well. Magic Coat also works to an extent.

>Genies
Weavile shits on all of them. Give it a Lum Berry for in case Thundurus tries to paralyze it. Use a U-Turn guy who the genies are good against to bait one in, and U-turn to Weavile when they switch. Best guy for this is Talonflame, people are just itching to send Landorus-T and Thundurus against Talonflame. If you want more specific answers, Chestnaught destroys pretty much every Landorus-T set. Landorus I is killed by literally any ice Shard user (Including shitty Donphan). Blissey/Chansey walls Thundurs and you have Natural Cure and bad speed anyway so getting paralyzed isn't a big deal. Most people don't use Grass Knot on Thundurus either, so Gastrodon is disturbingly good against it. Tornadus-T can't do shit to Zapdos and if it gets a lucky hit you have Roost. Mega Aerodactyl works too. Don't worry about Thundurus Therian or Tornadus Genie forms, both are ass. Just use Ice or Rock moves on them.

>Talonflame
Can you believe some people still have trouble with Talonflame? Best way to deal with it is Rocky Helmet Garchomp. Slowbro and Tyranitar are great too, especially if your T-Tar has Dragon Dance so you can boost while Talon-chump switches out.

>Baton Pass
Tons of ways to deal with it. If they don't have any Magic Bounce guys, just use Roar/Whirlwind. Taunt works too. If they do have a Magic Bounce guy to pass to, your best bet is Haze or unaware users. Quagsire is both Haze and unaware, so it shits on Baton Pass perfectly.

>Smeargle
Use Fake Out to break its Focus Sash. Then attack with literally anything faster.
>>
>>25707939
Literally the worst Beat Up partner for Terrakion. 252 Atk and STAB does too much damage. Whimsicott with minimum attack is way better.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.