[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: pokemon-stadium-para-android.jpg (72 KB, 640x442) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-stadium-para-android.jpg
72 KB, 640x442
what happend to stadium/colosseum/battle revolution games?
>>
Might aswell just play pokken tourny my dude
>>
>>25705935
Their only gimmick (3D battling) has been done in the main series now.
>>
>>25705971
good joke anon
>>
>>25705981
This anon has it

The appeal of Stadium was battling in 3D

Handhelds can do it now, and why would anyone play an arena-type game for 3D battles when you can just make main series games that have a whole storyline and all the usual features of Pokemon but also with 3D

Stadium was a novelty more than anything. There's really nothing about it that you can't get out of the main series games now, besides maybe some of the minigames (and even then there's contests and all that stuff)
>>
>>25705935
I will never understand why people loved Pokémon Stadium so much aside from the mini-games.
>>
>>25705981
Now we need to battle in HD on the nx
>>
>>25706030
>There's really nothing about it that you can't get out of the main series games now, besides maybe some of the minigames
So what you're saying is that Sun/Moon should have revamped versions of the minigames from Stadium?
>>
>>25706072
I wouldn't be opposed to that, but they'd probably lose a lot of their novelty when you add in internet latency and people not being in the room with you (if you were playing over the internet). Stadium minigames were like Mario Party, best played with other people in the same room as you.
>>
>>25705981
>>25706030
Except OP mentioned Colosseum, one of the pokemon games that hasn't been fucked by GameFreak. Coloseum had challenge and story, something the main series games fail in every aspect to deliver.
>>
>>25706211
Please don't remind me about Colosseum difficulty, I never actually beat the game

I got to the game's version of the Elite 4 or whatever and couldn't beat the last guy
>>
>>25706142
Singleplayer with AI controlling the others for playing alone, local wireless only for playing with friends
>>
>>25705981
no, man, 3d battling made it important but the mini-games as well as the Pokemon Academy in Stadium 2, the GB tower to speed up your playtime on cartridges too. It's helpful to review your knowledges about the games. The different cups were fairly challenging.
>>
File: drowzee anime gif.gif (498 KB, 405x304) Image search: [Google]
drowzee anime gif.gif
498 KB, 405x304
People who are saying that the only draw of Stadium, etc. were 3D battles are forgetting the minigames and the random rentals.

If I want to play Pokemon with some friends who don't own any Pokemon games, we can pop in Stadium or Stadium 2 and battle with rentals. Leads to a lot of fun times, like randomized teams with an external RNG or monotype wars or Shitmon Circuit, and all of it can be done on a single cartridge right away. And the minigames were all a blast that have yet to be matched on cartridge games.

Honestly, blacking out from equal parts laughter and inebriation while playing Nintendo 64 Drinking Games with my friends was what defined undergrad for me. The pick-up-and-play aspect is amazing and something that isn't included with mainline games.

Yeah, there's Pokemon Showdown and stuff but even then, unless you're doing Random Battles, you still have to build and entire moveset and stat spread yourself. The average normie won't know about it at all, either. And furthermore, there's no awesome, over-the-top announcer on Pokemon Showdown, so there's just no comparison.
>>
I don't know why they don't just beat Smogon at their own game and make a competitive simulator for consoles with customization of rental pokemon. That's more or less what the first Stadium (the Japanese only one) game was, intended to simulate the tournament experience for those that couldn't go to a real tournament.
>>
>>25706249
I know full well about Stadium's extra features. I've beaten R2 in both and they're a nice way to speed through Blue when I feel like playing something mindless.
The problem is, the main series now includes things akin to minigames, and this gen's GB tower is the Virtual Console. The internet is the new Academy. For different cups, you have the official PVP tournaments and the Battle Maison.
I'm not saying any of this is BETTER than what was offered in Stadium, but it does render a sequel unnecessary.
>>
>>25706030

The appeal of Stadium was 3D battles on a large television screen, and things like mini-games with your Pokemon for multiple players. It was cool to see your Pokemon doing other things than just battling.

They also basically added a large post-game to the gen 1/2 games with the cups, and allowed access to reward Pokemon, move tutors, and general features not in the main games. The cups were great as it gave an incentive to train different teams and levels of Pokemon for different challenges. If they had expanded Battle Frontier, which was basically stadium-lite, I wouldn't be complaining much, but as of now nothing really is filling the stadium void aside from Battle Maison.

A true stadium game now could still be awesome though, there are a lot of extra features stadium games can handle that a handheld can't.
>>
>>25706072

No, they need to make Mario Party with a pokemon skin.
>>
>>25706284
>the average normie won't know about it at all

And this is a bad thing why?
>>
>>25705971
nice meme shill
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.