[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal with Looker? In ORAS (which presumably takes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: XY_Looker.png (89 KB, 162x428) Image search: [Google]
XY_Looker.png
89 KB, 162x428
What's the deal with Looker? In ORAS (which presumably takes place at the start of the timeline alongside the events of gen 1/3), he was washed up on a beach with amnesia.

Then the events of Platinum take place two years later (gen 2 takes place two years after gen 1 and DPPt takes place at the same time as gen 2). There he's an important member of the international police and he somehow got a Croagunk.

Then his Croagunk ends up getting killed some time between Platinum and XY.

Also why does he have an Audinite in ORAS?
>>
>>25703711
Side effects of the Parallel timelines.
>>
>>25703711
ORAS and XY are in a separate timeline where Mega Evolutions exist, and the Kalos Calamity happened. RSE would be from the other timeline where Mega Stones were never created from the outpouring of energy from events like the one AZ launched.
Gens IV and V have not been properly brought up to speed in this Mega-compliant timeline. Amnesia is a convenient cop-out until they have the groundwork necessary to flesh Looker's story out.
>>
>>25703711
Tbh ORAS/XY are so fucking messy. Many things lead to ORAS being right before XY, but others make it seem like it was after:

- After:
- Hobo guy left a flower in Sootopolis. Why would he be gifting shit and doing happy things if he doesnt have Floette back? How does he even have the flower in that case?

- Looker. Looker must have been in Kalos already if he is in the resort. Probably something happened to him in between, that we will never know.

- Ghost bae bitch saying you are not the one "either" in ORAS, meaning she already met Calem/Serena.

Idk, I think Oras was after XY in any case. We will 100% see him again in MoSu, along with some clues on the souvenir (which will simply trigger an event when transfered to MoSu early during release, and nothing more, kind of like the event shiny dogs and the Zoroark movie)
>>
>>25703885
ORAS is set before XY because it shows the formation of Mr Bonding.
>>
>>25703711
>Also why does he have an Audinite in ORAS?
for a stupid pun

amnesia = I dunno = audino = audinite
>>
>>25703711
he is an obvious ode to Doctor Who, since the Whovian fandom pervades(i mean that figuratively and literally, both in good ways and bad) all corners of the globe
>>
>>25703711
He's on SS ANNE too (RB), he says he's an agent looking For the time rocket.
>>
>>25706336
"time rocket" - TARDIS
>>
File: 1383886222342.gif (67 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1383886222342.gif
67 KB, 446x400
>>25706336

>Time rocket
>>
>>25706336
No. He isn't. There are multiple International Polices in the Pokémon World.
>>
>>25706711
No, he's looking for that time rocket :^)
>>
>>25706275
Whoovians were a mistake, specially males who cream their pants for men
>>
>>25703711
>gen 1 and 3 take place at the same time
[citation needed]
>>
File: Multiverse of Pokémon.jpg (69 KB, 605x1004) Image search: [Google]
Multiverse of Pokémon.jpg
69 KB, 605x1004
>>25707673
In the remake universe?
Yes.

In the non- remake universe?
No.
>>
>>25707673
Really this has been known for years. Toshinobu Matsumiya officially confirmed it on twitter. Gen 2 and 4 also take place in the same period.
>>
File: homer fedora.gif (2 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
homer fedora.gif
2 MB, 380x285
>>25706275
No he fucking isn't. If anything, he's more like Joichi Zenigata from Lupin III.

Fucking Whovians, I swear.
>>
>>25707760
In the remake universe.

We know that. The chronology of the remake games was confirmed by Toshinobu Matsumiya on Twitter in May 2014.
In Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Zinnia suggests the existence of another Hoenn region, indicating a multiverse with parallel timelines.
>>
>>25707760
It is unknown if the aforementioned timeline also applies to all solitary versions and remakes. Furthermore, Zinnia suggests that there are alternate universes.
>>
File: official timeline.png (31 KB, 640x284) Image search: [Google]
official timeline.png
31 KB, 640x284
>>25707673
>>25707728
>>25707986
>in the remakes
The post specifically uses Red/Green and Gold/Silver, not FRLG and HGSS.
Even so, I doubt it was intended as anything more than a general statement on what anyone who's paying attention should know already. Red's story and Brendan/May's story happens at about the same time, regardless of Red going to the Sevii Islands or which ancient Pokémon wreaks havoc in Hoenn.
ORAS is specifically an alternate continuity, there's no reason to read into it much. It fits only in the broad strokes, which is fine.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.