[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consider the following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: colressimagination.png (254 KB, 437x358) Image search: [Google]
colressimagination.png
254 KB, 437x358
Sun and Moon will most likely use the same type of encryption that the gen6 games have, and everything is going to be datamined right away.
The only way we will have "surprises" will be if GF decides to jump into the 21st century by adding DLC patches.
>>
>>25703473
Please, no. DLC is cancer incarnate and the reason I quit consoles.
>>
>>25703473
>The only way we will have "surprises" will be if GF decides to jump into the 21st century by adding DLC patches.

Or, you know, people can avoid going on this site and avoid viewing cancerous Poke-tubers that cover such leaks
>>
>>25703635

If the DLC is only to stop spoilers and it's free, I see no issue with it.
>>
>>25703635
You'd rather buy a brand new game that adds only a few new features than download it on your existing game?
>>
>>25703748
What about when the servers get shut down eventually, anon? Then you have an incomplete game on your hands.
>>
>>25703778

If it's an event legendary, miss the event and you miss the Pokemon regardless.

If it's really an issue, they could do like Gen 3 did with the patch, where R/S could have the clock issue patched by FR/LG/E. It wouldn't take much for another game to run a quick background patch.

>this would LITERALLY only matter if the other person had the event legend in question
>>
>>25703774
I'd rather they just release the entire game all at once in a single release even if it takes them six years to complete.

Also, DLC means thy can only release part of a game and then make you pay for the rest of it. The whole concept is a scam to make you pay more money than you have.
>>
>>25704578
I assumed we were talking about a free dlc containing the legendary.
>>
>>25704578

We're not talking about story DLC or anything, just the data for a legendary Pokemon that gets added to the game card's database. By sending that out as free DLC, it can't be data mined or hacked in early.
>>
>>25704609
I assume all DLC is satanic bullshit straight form hell's anus. In fact, I assume most things are and am pleasantly surprised when things turn out okay. Weird but fun way to think about things.

However, in my experience, DLC is almost never free. Because hwy would they make it free? They're a business, and that's another way to make money. Fuck DLC.
>>
>>25704638
>>25704609
You're a fool to think it'll be free. We live in an era of free-to-play but pay-to-win candy crush style bullshit. Pokémon is depressingly going down that road and there's not much anyone can do about it.
>>
>>25704665

In this case, it's because it's the same thing they've always distributed for free. The only change is that the data isn't in the game yet this way to avoid spoilers.
>>
Mythical pokemon events are already free on cart DLC
>>
>>25704696

You're a fool to think it wouldn't be. Since when do you pay for event legendaries? That's literally all the DLC would be. It'd be more akin to a patch.
>>
>>25703635
>oh no new features for 5$s
>yay new features for 60!
>>
>>25704739
No, like I said, they should just release the whole fucking game all at once even if it takes years to do so, not release an updated version. That's even worse!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.