[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dragons types are worse than ice types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 250px-700Sylveon.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-700Sylveon.png
54 KB, 250x250
dragons types are worse than ice types
>>
They really are.
>>
Fuck off.

Dragon and ice are my favorite types.
>>
yeah nah.

if we're talking viability, there's only 4 ice types that can even hold a candle in OU. Mamoswine, Weavile, Cloyster, and Kyurem-B.

Dragons still have staples in Garchomp, Lati@s, Salamence, Dragonite, and Charizard-X, Hydreigon, and others.

Ice type moves however are better than dragon anyday, and ironically enough it's great because of all the dragon/ground/flying types dominating the upper ranks of competitive pokemon.
>>
Worse than electric
>>
File: 1458370676576.png (100 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458370676576.png
100 KB, 500x500
>>
>>25700988
>Mamoswine
Is only as good as it is because it's part ground.

>Weavile
The only Ice type Pokemon where it's typing actually benefits it.

>Cloyster
Only good because it has Skill Link.

>Kyurem-B
Only good because it has insane stats.

Weavile is literally the only Ice Pokemon with either a base Attack or Special Attack stat over 100 and a base Speed stat over 100. Game Freak refuse to make offensive ice types and continue to make slow defensive ones despite the fact that it's the worst defensive type in the game. And since pretty much every Water Pokemon learns Ice Beam, it renders them even more useless.

And for some reason, Game Freak decide to lock away all the ice Pokemon behind some cave that's only accessible when you've beaten most of the game when it comes to in-game playthroughs. Ice is the most shit-on type, there's no competition.
>>
>>25703239
You're annoying, dude.

So, what would you design as an offensive ice type then?
They pretty much exhausted most themes viable for offensive ice types with Weavile (kamatari), Beartic (polar bear), Frosslass (yuki-onna), Mamoswine (mammoths), and Abomasnow (yeti).
>>
>>25700911
>Dragon
>ice
What are your feelings towards Kyurem?
>>
>>25703239
I don't know. Grass seems to get the least amount of love when it comes to the starter types.
>resisted by 7 types
>weak against 5
>Water types get Ice Beam and Fire types get Solar Beam, but Grass types don't get any equivalent like Earth Power
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.