[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why did they start making rivals totes bestu friendos after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ewsd.jpg (211 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
ewsd.jpg
211 KB, 620x500
So why did they start making rivals totes bestu friendos after gen2?

Just started playing X and Y and now I have four little cunts following me around everywhere and I legit do not know who my rival is meant to be because they're all so friendly that it's making me ill.

I don't want to hang around with any of these spergs, do they ever go away?
>>
>>25700007
After playing through gen 1 as an adult, I have to say Gary/Blue/Green/whatever you call him isn't anywhere as mean as people tend to think.
>>
Because they in love
>>
>>25700126

Yes, I am aware he's not an evil asshole.

But he wasn't kissing my ass every five seconds, or walking me to the shops or telling me where shit is or following me around healing my pokemon so I can powerlevel.

This is sickening.

I just went to a castle and watched fireworks with this girl who says she likes and is good at puzzles, BUT ASKS ME WHERE TO STAND IN THE PREVIOUS PUZZLE

Battled a boy who wants to form a dancing posse group.. WITH NO POKEMON THAT FIT THAT THEME

With my other rival "helping" me with double battles against team evil I'm just so over it.

Why does this game hold my hand so much?
>>
X/Y has by far the worst rival/friends. Even as friends, they're all one-note characters with no redeeming qualities. Out of the four of them, Serena/Calem is the least toxic, but only because they're blank slates with no personality whatsoever.
>>
>>25700178
This
>>
>>25700007
The rival being a jerk gets old so they are trying ways to make the rival a nonjerk but also interestiing at the same time.
>>
>>25700285
This and the zero difficulty and no memorable gyms/trainers/e4/team flare being shit is a large reason why it sucks. Gen6 still a cool gen tho.
>>
>>25703392
How is Team Flare shit? Their clothing style is deliberately ridiculous to put Kalosians into a false sense of security.
>>
It's definitely true that they made the rivals more friendly, but honestly this has never bothered me. The characterization in these games is garbage 90% of the time anyway, so friendly or hostile, they've pretty much been shit from the start. Whether they're fun to battle from a gameplay standpoint is far more important to me.
>>
>>25703404
>w-we look stupid on purpose!!
nice try lysandre
>>
>>25700007
Play OR/AS. Brendan/May and Wally barely ever bother you at all.
>>
>>25700244
Actually every one of Tierno's pokémon have a 'dance' themed move. He and the rest of them are still bland as fuck though.
>>
>>25703443

I should mention that I don't hate friendly rivals.

May, while being a complete fucking shitter, wasn't super annoying and I honestly thought that Wally rocking up at the entrance to elite 4 was awesome and really unexpected.

Barry had an annoying personality.

Cheren and Bianca I actually quite liked, especially Bianca.

Hugh was a faggot.

It's just this is too far in the friendly realm. I know at the end of the day it's a kids game, but everyone is just sickeningly nice.

>>25703458

I've only battled his crab at this point. I've only just beaten the second Gym but considering quitting.

It's not just the rivals, every single person I meet is just golly super nice, telling me how much potential I have and what a good aura I have and god damn I really understand pokemon for being able to corner it in a maze.

We can sit down now though. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>25703404
Yeah okay nice head canon. It was a retarded team with 0 motives that made any sense, lysandre did nothing but spew weird, unrecognizable diarrhea from his mouth the whole fucking game. The whole story was super rushed because the 3d was the focal point. (Which is a fine sacrifice to me) but don't try to defend something so arbitrary and shit.
>>
>>25703496
>It's not just the rivals, every single person I meet is just golly super nice

It's always been like that, hasn't it? I find that a bit grating also, but it's just part of the series.
>>
>>25703530
>lysandre did nothing but spew weird, unrecognizable diarrhea from his mouth the whole fucking game.

That was the point, he was a philosopher who thought that he had high-minded, noble reasons for doing what he was doing.

I do agree with the rest of your post.
>>
>>25703558
They literally introduce him as "hey check out this guy" and then he does nothing but "philoso-phy" at you until the end of the game. There is no defending this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.