[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay /vp/ I need advice. Got some money on the Nintendo eStore.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1451750929826.jpg (160 KB, 936x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451750929826.jpg
160 KB, 936x1000
Okay /vp/ I need advice.
Got some money on the Nintendo eStore.
Should I buy pokemon yellow?
>>
>>25699758
Do you like retro games? Can you appreciate a different, harder set of mechanics? Or are you the kind of person that thinks games "age" if they're not super streamlined and a little slow and clunky?

Are you the kind of faggot that makes outrageous claims like "Zelda 1 is literally impossible without a guide!" or do you like to immerse yourself in these old but maybe a little archaic games?
>>
>>25699848
>I do.
>No

In fact I´m considering buying it because of your arguments; 6th gen was too easy for me. Guess I´ll buy it.
>>
>>25699848
Dude i'm an avid gen oner, like i have about 50 lvl 100 pokemon on my gen one cart with ideal movesets which means farmed tms from other carts. Gen one is fun, but pokemon is better today. Is it worth ten bucks for the one time play through, yes. Is it interesting because its old, you're a fucking hipster. It's not hard just because gen six is super easy. Does the legend of zelda suck, you fucking know it, was it great then yes. Are donkey kong country 2, a link to the past, and super mario brothers complex while enjoyable games yes. There is a middle ground. Gen 1 pokemon is nostalgic, but not great.
>>
>>25699848
Also the mechanics are not harder, they are just less developed. Wrap/toxic has nothing on spin blocking hazard removal. Leave the nostalgia at the door. The reasons to play gen one is because it's fun. You would cry if competitive gen one techniques were applied today. Flash reflect alakazam? I thought smogon banned evasion! Noooobs 'er where
>>
>>25700097
>im an avid gen oner
>your whole pararaph

Those things don't go together.

Also notice how I never said anything about the quality of modern games, and you just kind of assumed I was shit talking the new ones.

I think the new games are good. I just don't think the old ones age as bad as a lot of people would have you believe.
>>
>>25700160
You know it is possible to be critical of things you love, right? Mindlessly consuming media without critically thinking about it and defending things you like merely because you like them is what retarded sheep do.
>>
>>25700242

That's not the point.

Genwunner is an insult for exactly the kind of person you are describing.

A "Genwunner" is a person who hates everything that came after gen 1 and thinks gen 1 is perfect.

What you should have said was "I'm a big fan of gen 1"
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.