[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Kantoddlers real Pokemon fans? Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: KantoPoke.png (223 KB, 425x310) Image search: [Google]
KantoPoke.png
223 KB, 425x310
Are Kantoddlers real Pokemon fans? Discuss.
>>
More so than Unovabortions. Gen 5 was so different in design from the rest of the series that it can barely be considered a Pokemon game. The music, story, designs and characters just felt as if they were from some generic JRPG rather than a Pokemon game.
>>
>>25697595
It felt different as in it was miles above the rest, sure. Actually replying Black right now.
>>
>>25697595
It was the first mainline game not to be based in/around nip-nip land. Of course it will be different.
>>
>>25697595
Probably the main reason I hated it. I'm not much of an RPG fan I'm an FPS pleb myself, and no, I don't mean call of autism, and I especially dislike JRPGs, but Pokémon just has some attracting qualities, excluding gen 5.
>>
God fucking dammit. Why is it so hard to understand that gen 1 fans LIKED gen 5?

I swear the whole reasons that gen wars exist is because anyone who started off other than red/blue just can't fucking relate and they get butthurt about it.
>>
>>25697595
I agree

Of was so out of place like its not part of the franchise
Really shitty Gen
>>
>>25697572
In that picture, why is MT. Moon a tunnel but Rock TUNNEL is a mountain?
>>
>>25697595
>Gen 5 was so different in design from the rest of the series that it can barely be considered a Pokemon game
Are you crazy? I am serious do the Unova haters have a mental illness I mean these absurd claims for why Unova is bad is just complete madness.
>>
>>25697641
Nice generalisation, bro. It's a wrong one, by the way.
>>
>>25697655
1) They're both tunnels, use your eyes
2) Who cares, you never see what the tops of them look like in-game
>>
>>25697664
It was a horrible gen nonetheless
>>
>>25697655
Good question, anon. If you can walk through walls in gen 1, Mt. Moon is actually very small and flat so maybe that accounts for that one.
>>
Genwunner
Johtoddler
Hoennb*bby
Sinnohfetus
Unovabortion
XYgote
>>
File: 159.gif (20 KB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
159.gif
20 KB, 235x240
>>25697595
This nigga knows what be up
Gen V is the worst gen
>>
>>25697690
SperM?
>>
>>25697664
Unova-lovers are the mentally ill ones, they perform mental gymnastics to justify the aspects that actual fans can admit are shit. Gen 5 did a lot right, it had flaws too. Unovabortions pretend that the games are perfect though and rather than defending it they just go and deflect the attack to other generations. They have the worst victim complex on this board, genwunners are probably worse overall but at least you barely see them on /vp/.
>>
>>25697698
>gen 5 worst
I have never disliked a main series pokemon game until gen 6, Kalos is hands down the worst Pokemon game out.
>>
>>25697712
What the fuck did Gen V do that is so horrible? You are fucking insane dude all this nonsense about us unova lovers having a victim complex fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>25697715
Kalos was a nice region, unlike Unova
The only bad thing about it was the lack of new pokemon, but heh, it's still better than having many awful new mon like Gen 5
>>
>>25697705
What are we gonna do when we hit gen 8
>>
>>25697712
90% of the stuff that gen 5 did right was mechanics, like that Exp. Share, infinite use TMs, all those good new moves
100% of the stuff gen 5 did wrong was gameplay-wise, forgettable characters, the beginning of annoying rivals(luckily OR/AS didn't do that, hopefully M/S continues that trend), cutscene spam, forced, shitty story, atrocious pokémon designs(not gonna deny it had its fair share of based 'mons but they're diamonds in the rough), and other things.
>>
so we can all agree BW/2 were the best games in the series then right?
>>
>>25697712
Wasn't perfect, but it was pretty damn close. Especially B2/W2.
>>
>>25697734
Movement was absolutely aweful, being unable to take of the skates was the worst decision I've seen in any Pokemon game. There were fewer new pokemon than any region. The towns and gym leaders were all entirely forgettable. Navigating the city when the blackout was going on was such a pain that even with the taxis it still put an immediate halt on enjoyment and gameflow. Mega evolution was shoehorned into the game almost as an afterthought and wasn't integrated at all to the play until endgame/competitive use. Should I go on?
>>
>>25697648
>>25697712
>>25697698
>>25697678
>>25697595
Why does this "meme" keep getting forced.
>>
2 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1
>>
>>25697731
Boring region, even more handholding than gen 4 (where it was already bad), an even bigger emphasis on the whole "you must save the world because you're the chosen one", too many legendaries (a problem that gen 4 had too), limited Pokemon choice because they decided to look the majority of Pokemon away for post game, awkward looking graphics that somehow managed to look worse than gen 4, awful rivals (Barry was a step in the right direction after gen 3 but Cheren and Bianca just shit all over that and gen 6 ended up having even worse rivals), mediocre starters, Pokemon evolving at extremely high levels for no apparent reason, C-Gear was a step down from HGSS's touch screen interface and the Poketch.

I wouldn't call gen 5 bad (no Pokemon game is outright bad), but it was far from perfect. Black 2 and White 2 at least fixed a lot of Black and White's flaws. My main problem is with Unova-fans who claim that anyone who doesn't love those games hate the series.
>>
>>25697572
Kantowunners
Johtowunners
Hoennwunners
Sinnohwunners
Unovawunners
Kaloswunners.

you're all terrible.
>>
>>25697811
You have shit taste
>>
>>25697814
Maybe it keeps on getting repeated for a reason
>>
>>25697838
Oh yeah, I guess not liking the floaty and shitty movement of the skates that were constantly locked to the control stick is a matter of taste. I guess recognizing the flaws of being stuck with the d-pad to move in the first true 3D pokemon game is a matter of taste.
>>
>>25697846
the reason being it didn't pander to genwunners and tried new things which is bad

zero change, zero story, zero difficulty
this is the perfect pokemon experience
>>
>>25697814
>if I don't agree with it then it's a meme
Ebin
How dare people have taste that is different to yours, anon
>>
>>25697864
Half the Unova Pokedex were carbon-copies of gen 1 Pokemon. The entire game was a call-back to gen 1. It even got a sequel set two years after it (like RBY did with GSC).
>>
>>25697864
As the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Would you like me to tell you the tale of New Coke?
>>
>>25697811
>being unable to take of the skates was the worst decision I've seen in any Pokemon game.

Just use the d-pad Pham
>>
>>25697877
3-4 lines are half of 150?
Jesus glad I'm not taking math
>>
>>25697901
Yeah man, I get ya dog. If you find a shitty thing just look the other way, bro. It's totally fine, just pretend it's not there! I ignore everything bad about gen 6, so I can force myself to like it. Everyone should do that!
>>
>>25697827
>Boring region
Hahahhhaaa
>"you must save the world because you're the chosen one"
The duo are based on truth and ideals so destiny makes sense.
>too many legendaries
Yes lets shut down creativity why dont we?
>limited Pokemon choice because they decided to look the majority of Pokemon away for post game
Are you really complaining about using only new pokemon? You really are a cancerous genwunner faggot that cant give a rational reason for anything.
>awkward looking graphics that somehow managed to look worse than gen 4
Worse graphics than platinum? Are you fucking retarded?
>awful rivals
Cheren isnt bad really if you pay atttention to what he says he actually a complex character, Bianca is just a girl who doubts herself too much.
> mediocre starters
The stat spread of thhe Gen V starters is decent much better than Gen I.
>Pokemon evolving at extremely high levels for no apparent reason
You arent supposed to reach lv 50 until the E4 so the mons that you see in Victory Road evolve around that level.
>>
>>25697898
>it aint broke
it ain't fun either, pokemon sticking to the exact same formula for every single game makes for a dull experience
>>25697877
because it creates a more coherent experience

vs Kalos where the region and everything else takes a backseat to all the 700 or so mons, pokemon forced on you every step of the way, and wank over megas

it was an incredibly dull game with nothing to do after one completion.
>>
>>25697953
I think the big issue is that these types of people just rush through every gym and then quit after the elite four, ignoring absolutely everything and skipping past any side events

this is why they enjoy Kalos because its incredibly easy and you can just rush to the end with your team of genwun mons then not worry about postgame because there is nothing to do anyways.
>>
>>25697954
>it ain't fun
For you. Maybe Pokémon isn't the game for you. If you hate it so much then why don't you just leave and go to /v/ and shitpost about a game you actually enjoy.
>>
>>25697988
Yeah. We're playing Pokémon correctly. It's not supposed to be treated like a legitimate game, it's a mobile phone-tier game and always has been.
>>
>>25698017
>gee wilikers! a new generation!
>lets build a team with as many old mons as possible plus all the edgiest pseudos from the current gen, rush through all the gyms with an overleveled main then quit after the elite four!

even Gold-Silver stepped away from this barebones plot, and frankly the gyms are barely important at all.
>>
>>25698054
That's a lot of strawmanning and assumptions, there.
>>
>>25698061
its true
the two worst pokemon communities are Smogonfags and genwunners

one doesn;t care about the games at all and just copies teams from Smogon to go online ASAP (then bitch endlessly when they get fucked by a team/tactics not listed on Smogon's guides, or stallers)
and Genwunners who play on their mobile phones and hate everything that is different because they have severe autism
>>
>>25698107
>get called a genwunner because I hate gen 5
>actually hate gen 1 and rate it lower than gen 5, mainly for aging and the botched game that is FR/LG
>>
>>25698142
Gentoo fags are genwunners in denial
>>
>>25698142
>>25698146
>>25698107
Look the moral of the story here is that if you have a favorite game then there is going to be somebody who hates you for that.
>>
>>25698163
Yeah I know that feel considering my favorite game is Alpha Sapphire
>>
>>25697814
Because /vp/ is overrun with children.

>>25697846
It keeps getting repeated because you children haven't grown up so you think it's fun to spew memes.

>>25697870
>until very recently the only argument people who hate on gen 5 had was bad designs
>that argument keeps getting BTFO so they started pulling new ones out of their asses and making shit up
>now they just copy paste each other
Yeah, it's totally not a meme.
>>
>>25697641
>gen 1 fans LIKED gen 5
Where the fuck did you get that idea?
>>
>>25698183
>presents an arguement for a game
>forgets that this same arguement can be used for literally any game
Congratulations, you just played yourself.
>>
As a Kantokid, yes, we are real fans. You're thinking of Genwunners, who are not fans. The difference is a Kantokid doesn't blindly say gen 1 was the best because we started with it and refuse to acknowledge other generations. I would say Hoennbabies or Sinnohfetuses are the worst because Unovabortions and Kalosperm are too young to come on here and shitpost and being so young, they don't care about trying to fit in and be cool. Hoennbabies and Sinnohfetuses are just old enough to come here but they have yet to mature so they shit up the board with constant genwars and memes in attempt to look cool and make people think they're grown up.
>>
>>25698209
Where did that anon present an argument for a game? If anything the whole 'gen 5 had shit designs' is the argument that can be used for any game and that wasn't that anon's argument. Reading comprehension is a bitch.

>>25698208
As a gen 1 fan, who started with gen 1, I liked gen 5. Maybe that anon got that idea from being someone who isn't close minded.
>>
>>25697641
its gen 2-4-6 fans that hate it

everyone knows odd numbered gens are the best while even numbers are where they just play it same and test things
>>
Gen V takes the spirit and formula of pokemon and takes it to a new different level
gen IV/VI straight up shove references and pokemon from old games in to feed nostalgiafags
>>
>>25697615
I'm not even going to replay to this.
>>
>>25697664
it's boring. That's not an absurd reason to not like it
>>
>>25698319
having never owned a main game in an even gen, I can agree to this
>>
>>25697595
Are you retarded?

It was a love letter to the first generation.

The male protag is basically Red.

Fucking kill yourself dude.
>>
>>25698319
>everyone knows odd numbered gens are the best

False. Three is odd.
>>
>>25700669
Oh plz Kanto and Johto are boring as shit compared to Unova.
>>
>>25701033
The only hate I see for gen 2 is ~level scaling~.
>>
File: 1458157330322.jpg (8 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1458157330322.jpg
8 KB, 246x250
>>25697595
>Being this fucking stupid
>>
File: image.png (104 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104 KB, 258x248
>>25697595

No, faggot. Nothing is that drastically different except for maybe the story. The gameplay is also exactly the same as every other game in the series.

Can't believe people are stupid enough to agree with this post, unless this is some real elaborate ruse.
>>
2 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>> 4
>>
>>25697830
what? you're dumb.

"genwun" came from gen one, or the first generation, because kantards would always bitch and moan about "muh gen wun"

what you're saying makes 0 sense in context
>>
>>25701352
that and some new mons stuck in Kanto at low levels unless you file that under level scaling
>>
File: 1457486276700.png (46 KB, 572x685) Image search: [Google]
1457486276700.png
46 KB, 572x685
>>25701315
Throw kanto into the trash where it belongs all you want, but don't drag johto into it, it's the second comfiest region after sinnoh for a damn good reason, and it's only real flaw is the glaring level curve issues.
>>
File: moonface.jpg (117 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
moonface.jpg
117 KB, 500x501
>>25700613
>>25697615
kek
>>
>>25697572

Hi res of this please.
>>
>>25697572
Depends on whether they still follow the franchise. If they do, then of course they're real fans. If they dropped the franchise at Gen 2 or Gen 3, never picked it up again, and their opinion on it amounts to little more than "everything new is bad! >:(" then they aren't.
>>
>>25703255
>comfiest
Plz go with your meme tier reasoning johtoddler, johto is boring as shit.
>>
>>25697814
Because unova and sinnoh were the worst gens you underage faggot
>>
File: level 3.png (159 KB, 292x254) Image search: [Google]
level 3.png
159 KB, 292x254
>>25703355
>atmosphere is a meme
Just because unova had schizophrenic atmosphere that can't seem to decide between a big city and rural enviorments to the point where each version had to be made differently in several locations, doesn't mean maintaining a rustic atmosphere is bad.
>>
>>25697595
here's your reply
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.