[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the absolute worst in-game mon and why is it Pineco?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: pineco original.png (246 KB, 513x599) Image search: [Google]
pineco original.png
246 KB, 513x599
What is the absolute worst in-game mon and why is it Pineco?
>>
>>25697285

Pineco belongs with Quilfish, Spinarak, and Mantine on the ''Extremely forgettable Gen 2 Pokemon that were sort of just added to fill space'' pedestal.
>>
I was doing a randomized run of Emerald and using only Johtomons. It's been really fun so far. I caught a Pineco and really wanted to use it, but holy shit look at that Gen 3 level up moveset.

That's criminally bad.
>>
>>25697302
>Mantine
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: hey kid wanna switch out.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hey kid wanna switch out.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>25697285
Who has the absolute worst in-game taste and why is it you?
>>
>>25697498
Listen here you little fuck, Pineco and Forretress are the tits. That's why I'm trying to use them. But trying to do anything with them in Gen 2 or 3 is just masochistic.
>>
>>25697285
whoa i completely forgot about him. sad though cause forretress is cool.

>>25697302
mantine and spinarak are pretty cool. fuck i remember qwilfish too but that thing can rot in hell.
>>
>>25697536
Aw shit, my bad.
Yeah they're a pain in the ass to use in-game. But I'd propose Ledian as equally bad without the promise of a useful postgame 'mon.
>>
>>25697302
>just added to fill space
But Anon, dex space fillers are the best, because sometimes you just get these Pokemon to serve as a fun little extra just to flesh out the Pokemon world. Pokemon that are unique for the sake of being unique.

Is it a shame some can't really be used much in the games? Sure. Sunkern/Sunflora has it bad, but I can't see them as simply being 'dex filler'.

And for every Pokemon called forgettable by at least one Person, there'd be many others who would remember them. So you can't have a Pokemon that truly is forgettable.
>>
>>25697591
You seem like an Anon of uncommonly good taste. Would you be interested in hearing my Mega Ledian concept?

>>25697580
You can fuck right off, Qwilfish was a champ in Colosseum.
>>
>>25697285
>worst pokemon
>not legendary with only one weak-ass move ever that you have to catch 28 of to complete the pokedex
>>
Gen 2 had a shitton of shitmons

Especially murkow and misdreavus, granted they are cool, but what's up with these god-awful stats? And Aipom
>>
>>25697591
Most in-game bug types in gen 2 were pretty awful. I tried doing a mono-bug of HGSS and it was pretty difficult. You pretty much end up relying on scyther/heracross for everything.
>>
>>25697650
qwilfish is a bitch to fight in the wild and you know it. fucking poison point. yeah, antidotes/non-contact moves, but it's still annoying.
>>
>>25697689
It's not like Tentacool or something where you can't walk ten steps without being forced to fight one. You have to go really far out of your way to even find Qwilfish in almost every game. Where is your salt even coming from?
>>
>>25697738
platinum, surfing i think but i can't remember. i mean you're right they don't pop up often but when someone says qwilfish the first thing i remember is being poisoned by them in gen 4.
>>
File: Sunkern_46256.png (53 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Sunkern_46256.png
53 KB, 230x230
>>25697285

>Implying.
>>
>>25697650
I actually hope for another round of cross-gen evos, it'd probably take an evo AND a mega to make Ledian good. Sentaibug is a fun idea, shame it's been ignored for so long.
>>25697661
Gen V was the best, finally able to make a bug team and actually feel good about it.
>>
>>25697847
>Enjoys access to plenty of stab moves like Mega/Giga Drain by level up
>Chlorophyll, gets Sunny Day by level up
>Ingrain, Endeavor, and Synthesis give it some staying power in-game

Sunkern lives the pampered life compared to Pineco, who has to rely on Take Down for any real damage while having no recovery to offset it.
>>
>>25697942
Ledian has potential to be a really interesting Mega. Take the sentai aspect and have everything about Ledian focus on helping teammates.

Put its stat boosts into Defenses and Speed and let it set the stage for other members of the squad to shine. It can set up Screens depending on the threat, keep the opponent locked in place with Infestation until preparations are complete, Tailwind if it needs to, Encore anything, and U-Turn out to another team member.

With Regenerator as an ability, it would be a magnificent team pivot that plays perfectly with the sentai theme.
>>
>>25697942
I can't wait to make a mono-bug team for my replay of B2. Gen 5 did so many great things for the bug-types. Can you get heracross in BW2?
>>
>>25698119
The only problem is ledian's base 55 HP, since HP doesn't get buffed when you mega evolve. That would hurt it pretty bad as a pivot.
>>
>>25697285
smeargle would be a huge pain in the ass in-game due to a) shit stats and b) circumstantial conditions to sketch at least half-decent moves during a playthrough
>>
>>25698250
The fact that it would need to use recovery items on a very regular basis shows how bad of an in-game Pokemon it is.
>>
>>25698119
>pivot 2x weak to pebbles
How does it get around this? Bug/Fighting maybe? Bug/Steel and put it in a zord
>>
>>25697302
pineco exists to advertise the headbutt-tree gimmick
>>
>>25698795
That was Heracross, the one people actually used and remembered.
>>
>>25698782
Bug/Fighting, it goes better with the Sentai theme and makes more sense with Regenerator, like Mienshao.
>>
>>25697285
Nah, that's Feebas.

>Stats are Magikarp bad
>Needs a trade with Marvel Scale to evolve
>Marvel Scale is stupid hard to find in some games.
>Gen-3 you needed to make it pretty by being REALLY good at the Berry blender minigame and feeding it high level blue pokeblocks
>Nearly impossible to find most of the time

Milotic is cool, but Feebas is useless ingame, especially on runs without trading.
>>
>>25697285
>>25697302
I honestly wish that I could forget about Pineco, however it's the first shiny Pokemon I ever caught.
>>
>>25697302

Quilfish is a good defensive spiker with stockpile potential though
>>
>>25697285
Natu's pretty terrible too, it learns fucking nothing from levelup
>>
>>25697302
>Mantine
Explain.
>>
>>25697847
>enter bug catching contest
>Win
>>
But OP, that's not Onix.
>>
>>25701822
I found this out in soul silver and was devastated
Why are they allowed to make Pokemon that can't even do anything with level up moves?
>>
File: sadpenguin.jpg (20 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
sadpenguin.jpg
20 KB, 636x636
>>25701852
>tfw Onix was my favourite Pokemon as a kid
>it was incredibly shit in game
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.