[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm hearing a lot about how Pokemon Sun and Moon will introduce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: trainers and their Pokemon.png (811 KB, 1040x800) Image search: [Google]
trainers and their Pokemon.png
811 KB, 1040x800
I'm hearing a lot about how Pokemon Sun and Moon will introduce Pokemon fusing with their trainers. So I want to ask everyone, from an aesthetic point of view, can Pokemon fusions work based upon what we've seen in the anime and manga? How will the mechanics work in game? Let's have a good discussion about this.
>>
>>25689771
>I'm hearing a lot about how Pokemon Sun and Moon will introduce Pokemon fusing with their trainers.

You know that's not actually happening, right?
>>
File: 1457970412899.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457970412899.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
It'd be a complete clusterfuck. The first Pokemon to get fusions would be all the usual suspects, even though they'd already just gotten the Mega treatment. If there is one thing that would truly make me lose faith in this franchise, it would be the introduction of such a bizarre mechanic when they haven't even fully explored or refined Mega Evolution yet.
>>
File: 131.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25689771
>Pokemon fusing with their trainers.

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>25689808
Like how fairy type's not happening?
>>
>>25689856
Show me a corocoro page hinting at it, like there was for fairy with Sylveon.
>>
File: 529384239759834.png (361 KB, 736x806) Image search: [Google]
529384239759834.png
361 KB, 736x806
>>25689771
I'd rather just have Pokémon fuse with other Pokémon, but it's always good to think big!
>>
>>25689867
Corocoro never hinted at fairy type. Syvleon's was kept a secret until the reveal.
>>
>>25689885

Its design was a pretty huge hint. And the fact that they kept its type secret at all made it pretty clear that it was new.
>>
I think it's more likely mainline will adopt Pokken's Synergy Stones, and you'll be able to mark one Pokemon as your "Partner Pokemon" who would get a Mega-like stat boost for those who don't actually have Megas but it'll be a catch-all for Mega Stones for those who can Mega Evolve.

You know, since other than Revives that's the closest thing we know of to that diamond in the SM logo. Plus there's other shit too like Ash and Greninja's synergy causing "a 'Mega Evolution' without a stone or keystone" or so I hear was said in the anime because I don't actually watch it, and the Synergy Stone that is used to deactivate the Shadow Synergy Stone in Pokken being said to sparkle a RAINBOW color. Rainbow in Japanese Niji, Pokemon Niji is SM's code name. REACHING.
>>
>>25689885
>>25689903
Also its name.
>>
File: 1373593346430.jpg (2 MB, 3691x1917) Image search: [Google]
1373593346430.jpg
2 MB, 3691x1917
>>25689903
>Its design was a pretty huge hint

2013 /vp/ would have told you otherwise
>>
>>25689771

It doesn't matter, i'll have to fucking except whatever the whacky jappy devs decide anyway, prease understand.

I'd be at least a little okay with pokemon fusing with other pokemon, but humans fusing to pokemon is so dumb... so so dumb... please let no bad happen
>>
If I had to see a Pokemon/Human fusion or like a Were-form, I'd like to see Bisharp desu. Just imagine someone sprouting blades and patches of metal growing over skin until you look like something out of Dead Space.
>>
>>25689931

Is that image a comprehensive summary of the various viewpoints floating around /vp/? Or just of the posts that turned out to be wrong?

Because I was here in 2013. My immediate reaction was "well they're finally doing a Fairy type." Many others thought the same.

Anyway, the point is that there was a reason to predict a new type. As of now, there is literally no reason to expect any "fusion" concept is forthcoming. If the next Corocoro shows a mysterious Pokemon that hints at fusions, fine, but that hasn't happened.
>>
>>25689843
Im on the same boat as you. If they dont start giving out more megas before starting something so game changing, I would be incredibly disappointed. Also how exactly would this change the gameplay? Its not like mega evolution where you can just give a bunch more stats because that just doesnt make sense.
>>
>>25689986
>Is that image a comprehensive summary of the various viewpoints floating around /vp/? Or just of the posts that turned out to be wrong?

the ladder
>>
>>25689885

Sylveon's reveal was a hint. There's no hint to fusions other than people linking a generic rhombus shape on the logos to a rhombus from some literally who manga.
>>
>>25690037
What reveals do we have right now? I dont see anything on Serebii and im wondering if their are any leaks yet.
>>
>>25690056

No, all we know is from the reveal video. No legit leaks or new information since then.
>>
>>25690056

All we have is the logos and concept art shown in the trailer, and none of it hints to fusions in any conceivable way.
>>
See, if they did it like how Ash-Geninja is there wouldn't be a problem. However that wouldn't be considered fusion.

Not sure why people even consider Fusion anyways when reburst is non canon but don't believe tht it could be shadow Pokemon as Pokken hints at. Nether are canon and shouldn't be considered
>>
What's wrong with fusion other than "Digimon did i so it's bad"?
>>
>>25689867
Show me any Pokemon Sun and Moon page that shows information about the games?
>>
>>25689931
Personally I thought a "magic" or "fairy" type of sorts was a complete possibility pretty early on after some speculation involving Sylveon's names in various languages, but did argue about some of the supposed "leaks" and "confirmation" because people were saying it was totally confirmed because some guy who once did leak something was simply speculating it on his facebook or twitter or some shit.

Anyone who denied it after the Pokebeach leaks were crazy, though.
>>
>>25689771
I would like for them to do pokemon fusing with each out but from a breeding mechanic. It seems more natural and less hokey pokey than fusing like super saiyans
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.