[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save the GTS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
How do we save the GTS?
>>
It saves automatically by itself, retard.
>>
give me free shit
>>
because sooner or later he will get a duped mew
>>
>>25688996
"I'll give you a bellsprout for your darkrai. Seems fair to me." - the GTS
>>
>>25688985

Ban trades like this.

something like, trade based on evolution stage, or BST.
>>
File: 1327984861906.gif (2 MB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1327984861906.gif
2 MB, 160x120
>>25688995
pic related

no seriously though, its fucked.
>>
>>25689045
There's already an option to take them out.
>>
>>25688985
Just filter out legionaries.
>>
>>25689052
I can never tell which gift it's going to be.
>>
>>25689064
no there isn't
>>
>>25688985
Just add more search filters.

>>25689026
Event pokemon can't even be traded through the GTS because they have a ribbon. And I doubt the GTS would accept a Mew without the ribbon because it's clearly illegal.
>>
>>25689064
>>25689075
Okay but then there's /maybe/ one result, and it's for like a fucking Blaziken or something else unreasonable.
>>
>>25689093
Yes there is.
Do you even use the GTS?
>>
>>25689110
>not just breeding and leveling a torchic real quick
>>
>>25688985
By actually learning how to use it
>>
>>25689117
they can still ask for something crazy like a trio legendary or something.
>>
>>25688985

rarity index like with TCG

pokemon can only be traded for something equal or lower to it's value
>>
File: Disgust.gif (905 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.gif
905 KB, 240x228
This thread made me dig out AS and do a wonder trade for ol' time sakes. Still as shitty as it was at launch, fuck you and your ralts.
>>
>>25689166
How is that crazy?
That's a perfectly legitimate trade you can make unlike the mythicals.
>>
>>25689141
>encouraging and enabling
entitled brats
>>
>>25688985
Use the deposit feature if you want reasonable trades, faggot.
>>
>>25689254
>it sits there indefinitely

just trying to work around the broken system doesn't un-break it
>>
>>25688985
Group trades
>>
Maybe they're just doing anonymous trading/giveaways/transferring like so many people do.
>>
Legends can only be traded for other legends. Was that so hard?
>>
>>25689254
This. People bitch about the GTS all the time but it was by far the most helpful tool in finishing my Pokedex. If you put up a reasonable trade it's more then likely someone will respond. The only time they won't is when you put up shit like a weedle for a mew.
>>
>>25689487
Fuck no, for Sun and Moon I want to use the pokebank and my blue version to transfer a shiton of mewtwo as trade money.
>>
There's already a feature that removes "special" Pokemon, learn to use it you retard. It will still show request for legendary birds, genies, etc. but those are all valid trade requests that can actually be performed legitimately over the GTS.

The GTS is fine as it is for the most part, although it could do with a search feature that lists all the Pokemon you can get with a particular Pokemon in your PC. I used the GTS to complete my living dex, the deposit feature can get you pretty much anything you need outside of event Pokemon.
>>
>>25688985
Gen shit legendaries to trade for and clear off all the wurmples and scatterbugs.

Worst iVs, wrong EVs, worst hms in every slot, level 1.

Name them insults, "GitRektNerd,' or the like.

If they're nice and just wanting to complete their dex, then they'll still be happy. If they're looking for something for nothing then pranked. Either way gts clutter is removed.
>>
>>25688985
Make a comprehensive website for Global Link that allows you to sort through the GTS online (like Mario Maker's website). You can tag certain types of trades to not be seen, bookmark trades you want to look at again later, have quick searches for things you're stalking for updates (maybe notifications when something comes up?) and any Pokemon you click on brings up their full information (moves, nature, gender, ability, stats, held item, probably not IV's but who cares), and allows you to negotiate a trade. Additionally, Pokemon deposited into the Global Link can have advanced filters placed on them to where you can ask for multiple Pokemon in exchange for yours (say you put up a Bulbasaur but are fine with getting a Charmander OR a Squirtle), and offers will be sent to you to approve (email, 3DS notification, push notification on phone, etc.). If you offer a Pokemon through the service, it's held until the person accepts or rejects your offer, and you're notified of their response.

Can possibly be linked to bank aswell so you don't have to worry about the Pokemon not being in your game, but knowing how weird all of GF's systems are, this could probably fuck up somehow.
>>
>>25689286
>it sits there indefinitely

No reasonable trade sits there indefinitely. If nobody's taking your trade, it's because you're not making a reasonable request. Sounds like you're part of the problem here.
>>
>>25688985
Put in some kind of function to search for trades requesting a select Pokemon. Like, say you had a prinplup that you wanted to trade over GTS but you didn't want any specific pokemon. With this function, you could pull up a list of people who want a prinplup, and what they are offering.
>>
>>25689742
Torchic for Treecko. So unreasonable.
>>
>>25689815

Interesting. Well, all I can say is that over the course of Gen VI I've deposited plenty of Pokemon asking for starter-for-starter trades, and they were usually taken within a few minutes. Maybe trade volume is just slowing down in general because there hasn't been a new game for a while.
>>
lol someone just took my fished up Politoed for a mew
>>
>>25689863
enjoy your cloned mew. maybe you're extra lucky though and it's a bulk Maxsoft mew.
>>
>>25689886
oh well, all I wanted it was for the dex
>>
Having the ability to actually view the status of what you're looking at would be fucking amazing. You can put "6IV HA!!!!" and nobody can prove it unless they go through with the trade and that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>25689947
but that's how i got all my legendaries lol
>>
>look through pokemon other people put up
>all japanese five year olds asking for event legendaries
>put pokemon up for trade myself with a reasonable request (eg. seedot for a lotad)
>gone within the hour
>>
>>25689947
If you actually trade legendaries for those kinds of offers then you're an idiot who deserves to lose their good Pokemon. The GTS is mainly for filling your Pokedex. If you want Pokemon with their HA, egg moves or good IVs, you go to /wfg/ or some other forum on the internet.
>>
>>25688985
1) See which Pokemon aren't unobtainable on your game (By example AS. Seedot line, Mawile, Zangoose, Solrock, Latios and Groudon are unobtainable on AS)

2) Take advantage of the Pokemon that are only available on your game to request any Pokemon you want (By example Slakoth line are exclusive of Hoenn games, put a Slakoth on GTS and request a Mon that can only be obtained on Kalos (Starters, Legendaries, etc.))

3) Never put a Pokemon that can be obtained on all the Gen VI games: Weedle line, Pidgeot line, Pikachu line, Clefairy line, Vulpix line, Zubat line, Oddish line, Rhyhorn line, Magikarp line, etc.

4) Protip. If you follow the three rules the Pokemon you deposited might be taken by other people in less of an hour.
>>
File: Shiny_Jirachi.png (27 KB, 368x384) Image search: [Google]
Shiny_Jirachi.png
27 KB, 368x384
I'm still trying to get an Ebola nigger
>>
>>25689099
>And I doubt the GTS would accept a Mew without the ribbon because it's clearly illegal.
That's how you make them trade over GTS. Remove the ribbon.
>>
the last time i traded with gts was back in gen five. i offered a petil for a cottenee. i quickly got a shiny which to this day i still wonder if it's legit or not.
>>
File: 006Charizard_OS_anime.png (42 KB, 458x490) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard_OS_anime.png
42 KB, 458x490
I want a "reverse search" feature, where I can take my charizard or whatever and ask the GTS "Who is asking for a charizard?" and it shows me a list of all the trades asking for a charizard.
>>
>>25689886
>Maxsoft mew.
what's that?
>>
File: 1400618769779.png (27 KB, 737x404) Image search: [Google]
1400618769779.png
27 KB, 737x404
>Breed rotoms like crazy because I wanted a shiny perfect one.
>Get shiny perfect rotom
>Now I have like 8 boxes full of 6, 5 and 4 IV Rotoms
>Store the 4 IV Rotom for normal pokemon
>Store the 6 and 5 IV Rotom for legendaries and rare shit
>mfw full dex in 1 month
Completing the dex for the first time was a fun ride.
>>
File: 1eoeaL0.jpg (46 KB, 420x620) Image search: [Google]
1eoeaL0.jpg
46 KB, 420x620
>>25691465
I want this so bad
>>
>>25689244
>give me everything i want straight away with no effort on my part

who's the real brat here
>>
>>25688985

>send back the pokemon after a month of no trades

>make a special section where its legendarry/one per game pokemon for legendary/one per game pokemon
>>
>>25689075
Or legendaries for legendaries
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.