[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yes this again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: brock.png (275 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
brock.png
275 KB, 500x375
I remember reading somewhere that Brock was going to be scrapped because they were afraid [black] Americans would be offended by him (idk maybe his personality), but they kept him after he got a lot of positive feedback from fans. I don't remember where I saw this. Has anyone else heard this? Has his race ever been confirmed?

If not, Brock speculation
>>
>>25686631
First off, he's not black, he's Okinawan. Secondly, nobody in Japan gave a shit about what might possibly offend blacks, seeing as how the ganguro Jynx looked rather close to black face.
>>
You're an idiot, OP.
>>
File: meromero_lucy.png (533 KB, 994x1336) Image search: [Google]
meromero_lucy.png
533 KB, 994x1336
>>25686631
You read wrong.

They thought AMERICANS wouldn't find him appealing because of his eyes.
>>
>>25687334
AMERICANS GET OFFENDED!!!
AMERICANS GOT OFFENDED ABOUT JYNX
SO GAMEFREAK FEARED AME-RI-CANS GET OFFENDED BY BROCK
GEEZ CANT YOU READ
>>
>>25687367
Brock was around way before the Jynx shit started. And even still, they would never scrap him for the anime. Jynx was only changed in Asia in gen 3/4.

You type like an underaged, and you provide no source. Fuck off to gamefaqs or serebii.
>>
>>25687422
Nintendo FEARED AFTER JYNX that he gets lynched. So they removed him but when fans wanted him back they added him back.
>>
>>25687360
It was both because of hes black skin and asian eyes.
>>
>>25687446
Nobody in Japan gave a fuck if some nigs in America were offended, what about that aren't you understanding? Please provide a source.
>>
>>25687334

>Okinawan
What are you talking about?

He is a Pewternite from Pewter City
>>
>>25687485
>Nobody gave shit
Nintendo gave shit about Americans that why Jynx is now purple, porygon will never appear in the anime, Kadabra will never have an TCG and game corner will never come back.
>>
>>25686631
You're giving people too little credit. I don't think too many people mistook Brock for being Black, and even if they did he's not a bad character by any means.

>>25687485
What are you talking about? Jynx was able to cause enough of a stir to get its skin color changed.
>>
>>25687334
I didn't say he was. I was just asking.
Do you have proof he's Okinawan?
>>
File: CeJ7zqDUUAAOldA.jpg (98 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
CeJ7zqDUUAAOldA.jpg
98 KB, 600x1067
>>25687462
Japanese people and by extension Asian people can be sunbaked like that. That isn't the problem.
>>
>>25687531
>Game Corner
That was the Europeans fault.
>>
>>25687531
Porygon did nothing though, it was actually Pikachu
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.