[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your first shiny? Happened right away in gold and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Sentret2.jpg (14 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
Sentret2.jpg
14 KB, 180x180
What is your first shiny?

Happened right away in gold and I didn't even know what shinys were. Just really liked the sparkle that happened when it came. I caught it purely because I had no other pokemon not because I understood how rare it was
>>
File: Shiny_eevee.png (35 KB, 260x240) Image search: [Google]
Shiny_eevee.png
35 KB, 260x240
>>25681531
Eevee.

I was looking for a male Eevee in ORAS, 30 female Eevees in and suddently a shiny.

It was male.
>>
>>25681531
Shiny Gyarados freebie in Gen 2. In Gen 3 my first authentic catch was a Wingull
>>
Poochyena, in emerald. After beating the game i deleted the save and started again

I got another shiny poochyena
>>
shiny abra in HG
didn't give a shit about shinies at the time and forgot to send it over to another game when starting a new save
>>
>>25681543
It was actually female tho
>>
Only a Staravia, showed up in the Trophy Garden early in my Diamond playthrough. That was in 2007, never encountered any other random shinies since.
>>
Ignoring red gyarados cause that ones obvious

>breeding Froakie for IV
>work way up 2 IV, 3 IV etc was before bank, 2 IV Dittos friend safari
>throw unneeded eggs in box
>get 5 IV Froakie
>decide to hatch other eggs
>get shiny froakie with 2 IVs or something, I don't remember
>keep it as a trophy
>>
>>25681531
>playing Ruby as a kid
>decide to do some fishing on route 118 with a good rod I think
>suddenly shiny Carvanha
>keep it on my team and evolve it into a Sharpedo
>call it Mr. Shiny cause I was so excited I found this thing
>>
it was in platinum. I was bummed out as fuck, my cousin had 5-6 shinies and I hadn't seen a single one despite playing since RBY days. I remember it perfectly

>sat in my room at uni
>just started a new platinum game
>cousin tells me on fb he just got a shiny starter
>sigh
>wander into oreburgh mine
>shiny Zubat appears!
>flip the fuck out
>only 2 pokeballs
>don't want to KO it
>risk throwing one right away
>longest few seconds of my life
>Zubat was Caught!

Still have her to this day, EV trained as a Crobat. Great partner, total bro. Only other shiny I've got is a drifloon I found in Y, don't really like the yellow palette though
>>
My first shiny encounter actually wasn't my first caught shiny, I was young and didn't know what they were yet, so I killed a shiny tentacool. My first caught was a golduck in Diamond I ran into in the same run.
>>
>>25681531
Shiny Shuppet in Sapphire
>shiny Shuppet has a similar palette of regular Shuppet
>mfw
>>
File: Depression.jpg (15 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Depression.jpg
15 KB, 600x400
>>25681531
>What is your first shiny?
None.
>>
Shiny Lairon
on an emulator

Shiny Graveller in Soul Silver I think was the first one I encountered...I think it might have 'Sploded though.

First catch was a Shiny Tediursa in Soul Silver. I loved Grinchy.
>>
>>25681531
I ran into a shiny polywag in violet city. It was in Pokemon silver. Luckily this was after Red Gyarados so I knew it was special and had to be caught. I would never get another shiny until a Goomy I hatched in Pokemon X.
>>
>>25682981
>I ran into a shiny polywag in violet city.
Holy fuck, I had the precise same experience in Gold. I hadn't gotten to the Red Gyarados yet, but I had a gut feeling that it was immensely important. Poliwhirl became my turbo bro. I could never decide between Poliwrath or Politoed, so he stayed a Poliwhirl until the battery finally died and took him with it.

There's nothing better than catching a cool shiny early in a run, keeping it all the way through, and making everything extra memorable. I'll never forget my Polibro.
>>
>>25683041
True that
>grinding near Cold Storage in White 1
>find a shiny Herdier
>toss the Throh I was grinding the fuck off my team
>fucker becomes the MVP of my team and manages to tank every attack Ghestis' Hydreigon can launch
Not bad for being my mom's dog.
>>
>>25683081
I wish my mom's dog could tank Ghetsis' Hydreigon.
>>
>>25681531
Shiny Patrat in a Nuzlocke BW2 run.

It was literally the first wild Pokemon I saw
>>
>play Leafgreen as a kid
>older brother helps me out with the game, got mad at me when I would always challenge the Elite Four

>one day, find a shiny Pikachu
>don't know what Shinies are, brother isn't home
>later, trade it with NPC for Voltorb
>mfw I traded a shiny away

Luckily though I replayed the same game cartridge and about a month ago I got a shiny Venonat in the Safari Zone.
>>
>>25681531
Kyogre. It's my most pimped out 'mon
>>
File: shiny koffing silver.png (1 KB, 56x56) Image search: [Google]
shiny koffing silver.png
1 KB, 56x56
I got a shiny Koffing in the burned tower in one of my gen 2 carts. I can't remember because I somehow ended up with all three shortly after crystal launched. I didn't even know what it was at first because I blinked when it did the effect.

looking at the sprites I'm thinking it was in silver though
>>
>>25681531
Random encounter psyduck, x/y I think.
Ended up overleveling it to like 30 and boxing it.
>>
Shiny tentacool in Platinum.

I gave it to this girl that I married six years later.
>>
>>25684140
AWWWWWW
>>
>>25684140
Did she train it? Is she a Cruel mistress?
>>
Shiny Parasect in Crystal, ended up killing it bc I just had a lvl 70 Typ.
Started Ruby and found a shiny Poochyena.
>>
>>25681531
>tfw you have never caught a shiny or even encountered one
>>
>>25684341
Yup, she got it up to level 100. Named it Moore after this author we both love.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.