[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw the post game areas keep getting worse and worse emerald
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: bat fraser.jpg (154 KB, 557x595) Image search: [Google]
bat fraser.jpg
154 KB, 557x595
>yfw the post game areas keep getting worse and worse

emerald frontier > platinum frontier > subway > maison

the only exception is the world tournament, but that's still only above subway
>>
>>25681062
Maison is way better than the subway or plat frontier though

No meme modes, just actual battle formats, better payouts and lets you suspend your challenge whenever. Plus long overdue music select. Only Emerald can compete due to sheer variety.
>>
>>25681076
>better than subway

I disagree but I can respect

>better than plat frontier

fuck no, it was a glorified battle tycoon
>>
>>25681082
Sorry nigga Plat frontier was shit
S l o w a s f u c k battles every time, gotta go, what was it 7 before you could put the game down? Payouts were shit, TMs were ephemeral, and the only good gimmick mode was a clone of Emerald's better frontier. The roulette was just EZ mode and the palace was pointless. Maison blows it away by a country mile.

I mean, unless you're talking aesthetics. The maison bitches are annoying as fuck and a terrible substitute for Brains. But in terms of play it's great.
>>
>>25681104
those don't matter, the existence of factory puts it above maison
>>
>>25681112
Yeah it's a nice little aside

I wouldn't call it enough to make up for gen 4's atrocious unplayable engine but to each their own
>>
>>25681121
It's not really fair to judge content based off the engine, like imagine the plat frontier in X/Y instead of the maison, would be a lot better
>>
What if the end-game was dedicated to teaching people how to do the competitive metagame?

Or would that be considered ass-backwards?
>>
>>25681147
I think it's something people should discover through their own volition.

Otherwise it's like:
>Hey! You know those Pokemon you've grown close to and become stronger alongside over the course of your journey? Yeah, well their IVs and natures are shit, start over.
>>
File: 1423354471848.jpg (77 KB, 490x566) Image search: [Google]
1423354471848.jpg
77 KB, 490x566
Never ever cared about postgame. Catching them all and breeding is my postgame.
>>
>>25681192
is that you matsuda? leak an S&M mon please
>>
>>25681147
It would be very difficult to explain Ivs and Evs with out numbers
>>
File: 1456006538516.jpg (118 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1456006538516.jpg
118 KB, 1200x1200
>>25681062

Sorry OP but post game material is most likely dead. We're entering the age of with no possible third installment that will add more to post game and we'll be stuck with subpar two game versions each generation seeing how Gamefreak loves leaving that type of shit to the third installments that we'll no longer receive.
>>
>>25681147
but gamefreak doesn't care about the meta-game,and one of the creators has gone on record saying that they hate people who try to get perfect ivs.
>>
>>25681232
Then why did they add an NPC for it?
>>
File: 200px-Battle_Zone_DP_Map.png (91 KB, 200x201) Image search: [Google]
200px-Battle_Zone_DP_Map.png
91 KB, 200x201
>>25681062
The battle zone in Platinum makes it better than Emerald I think. The Emerald Frontier is better but in Platinum you also get additional routes, Gym Rematches, a customisable Villa and a small post-story
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 205x246
>>25681062
>mfw
I'm still waiting for a Pokemon game that could enamour me as much as Emerald did back in the day.
>>
>>25681302
B2/W2 was the closest

if the post game was a bit better, I'd only W2
>>
>>25681232
pretty sure he went on record to say that he'd like people to treat Pokemon as more than just data and numbers but more like pets.
>>25681250
Casualizing the breeding is win win for everyone.
>>25681062
Breeding is nicely streamlined at the Battle Resort in OR/AS. Running in circles with the D pad trick is amazing and I can never go back.
>>
>>25681310
BW2 was great, but some of its postgame features are now locked away forever due to NWFC shut down, and others are just not as good as the Frontier (PWT is literally just a Dome with Gym Leaders, the random mode is bad compared to old Factory, White Treehollow/Black Tower are bland and easy compared to Pyramid)
>>
>>25681336
>but some of its postgame features are now locked away forever due to NWFC
Not really, the only thing that was really affected was the battling. Join Avenue gives you about 10 NPC shoppers every day so that's still usable but a bit slow.
Dream World isn't a thing but that's rectified by hidden grottoes.

>PWT is literally just a Dome with Gym Leaders
That's an understatement considering it has elements of several different facilities as well as new features like Mix and type master.
Rentals were also more diverse as they gave you four different variations of each pokemon available whereas the previous two had one for each pokemon.
White Treehollow/Black Tower lacks variety in floor layout but is considerably harder than the pyramid given how easy it is to avoid trainers in there.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.