[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know everyone likes to shit on ORAS but what were your thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 400x240
I know everyone likes to shit on ORAS but what were your thoughts on Sea Mauville? I thought it was one of the best additions to the game, and definitely the most fun I've had exploring a place in Pokemon since I was a kid.

I liked that there was a really nice story being told, but they never shove it in your face. You could get the keys and examine things to find out more, and the atmosphere of the place was godly with the music. I'm not alone in this, am I?
>>
>>25679011
>ORAS

Good game like All other Pokémon games.
>>
>>25679011
deepest lore
also had lesbians
>>
>>25679011
Wasn't that in the original game? I remember a ship.
>>
>>25679352
It was the abandoned ship in the original games and didn't have much besides a place to catch Tentacruel, some TMs, and the evolution item you'd need to get Huntail/Gorebyss
In ORAS it's refitted into a wildlife preserve. It was formerly part of the Mauville corporation and used to research infinite sources of energy. (If you have ORAS and haven't explored it yet, I highly recommend doing it now, especially if you have dive already.)
>>
>>25679011
It's the sort of thing the newer games are missing. Optional area to learn about lore and do some exporing
>>
>>25679011
One of the few things ORAS did right
>>
>>25679011
I loved ORAS just as much as the other games. The only people that are complaining are gen 5 fags.
>>
>>25679352
The wrecked ship is something I always hated about RSE. It's a really cool idea that Pokemon hadn't really done before, but there's fucking nothing inside. Sea Mauville is much more what I always wished it were.
>>
>>25679543

Not true. I'm not a gen 5 fag, just hate Hoenn with a passion.
>>
>>25679543
Huh? Gen V is my favorite, but I really enjoyed ORAS.

I get the impression that it's the same people who whine about Gens V and VI.
>>
>>25679543
>gen 5 fags
You mean the Sinnohsperms.
After all their game was an inferior copy to gen 3 in many ways and they always brag about hire they brought people back after gen 3 killed the fad, which is far from the truth.
>>
>>25679011
Probably the best thing ORAS changed. It and rest of the Mauville stuff are one of the only times Pokemon has had something close to legit deepest lore.
>>
>>25679011
It feels like all the effort of the team went to this 10/10 place
>>
I agree with how neat it is, and it was useful for finding a Spritomb, but I'm mostly annoyed when I think about it right now because Malcolm's parents won't give me the fucking Destiny Knot.
>>
I liked it a lot!
>>
>Young Couple Lois and Hal
Gr8 reference m8s
>>
I wish it was bigger and had it's own legendary hiding deep within. Spiritomb's presentation was a good start.
>>
>>25681074
>had its own legendary

But it does
>>
>>25680117
Life is unfair
>>
>>25681581
If you mean Lugia, I mean within the ship itself.
>>
>>25679011
Definitely the best part of the game. It' shows how to do effective storytelling in any video game: the clues are left for the player to examine at their pace. Nobody comments on what you read or comes in when you're done to explain anything to you. You just let the things you read sink in as you slowly figure out what happened in the place. It's all very mysterious and pretty sinister for a modern Pokemon game.

I do hope this isn't the last we've heard of the place, but I guess it would be difficult to link Sea Mauville with other regions' lore. Maybe the infinite energy part, but that was already in XY
>>
>>25679943
Gen V and ORAS have been some of my favourites in the franchise.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.