[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokken Tournament: Field Phase Strategy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: pokken.jpg (272 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pokken.jpg
272 KB, 1280x720
Time for a Pokken thread. Let's talk about the field phase/footsies/neutral/whatever you wanna call it.

The objective of field phase is to shift it into duel phase. This is done with phase shifting attacks.

These include: grabs, homing attacks, counter attacks, and ranged attacks.

You also have other options in the field phase, although they don't cause a phase shift.

These include: Fireballs ((Y & X), (Aerial)), dashing, air stalling.

All you have to do is land one of the phase shifters once so you can then start comboing. It sounds simple, but as with most fighters, you're gonna need mind games to break through your opponent. So you have to use your other tools to create an opportunity to use your phase shifter.

Listed below are some sample strategies in order to achieve the phase shift.

- fireball -> ranged attack
- fireball -> dash -> grab/ranged attack
- fireball -> homing attack
- fireball -> aerial homing attack
- fireball -> stall -> aerial homing attack
- fireball -> stall -> dash -> grab/ranged attack
- homing attack

Fireballs are great and should be used in almost all instances to create pressure. However, if your opponent has the same idea, you might wanna drop the fireball in favor of dodging it. The followup will depend on several situations depending on your opponent. For example, defensive players may shield your fireball and ranged attack, and look to counter. To counter this, wait them out with either an air stall, then fall down and grab them. You could also dun up and grab, but it'll depend on your space relative to your opponent, so mixing in a dash to stay light on your toes is helpful.

Feel free to share more ideas.
>>
>>25677190
I would think the most refined for of this would be reading enemy attack frames in an attempt to catch them in a whiffed animation. Every Pokemon has good tactics for exploiting this.

There are also some Pokemon that kind of excel in Phase, so pressuring into Duel phase is a bit counter-intuitive. Some supports are best executed in field, too.
>>
>>25677190
I usually use Weavile's Aerial homing if they spam projectiles otherwise I get up close and use night slash.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.