[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emulators are great and all, being able to play all the old games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160322_210421.jpg (58 KB, 540x921) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160322_210421.jpg
58 KB, 540x921
Emulators are great and all, being able to play all the old games on one device is awesome, but they have one problem. Does anyone else feel like what they do in emulators isn't worth anything? I mean, I beat Emerald without any cheats, the same way I would have if I played it on a GBA, but I didn't get that "I just finished another game!" feeling. I feel the same way whenever I get a BF record or something. Is it because you can't transfer the Pokemon or something?
>>
Also, what does (trashman) mean?
>>
>>25676919
Nothing you do will ever be worth anything. The fact that you post on /vp/ proves that.
>>
>>25676919
>Is it because you can't transfer the Pokemon or something?
>he doesn't know

Everyone point and laugh.
>>
>>25676928
The person who ripped the rom, I think. Similar to how movie torrents have the name of the person/group who ripped/subbed/uploaded it.
>>
>>25676919
Same here. Its the reason why I have trouble playing and finishing games on GB/GBC carts. I feel like its not worth anything because all of my progress and all the mons i catched/raised will get lost after I finish anyway. Its the worst if you find a shiny.
>>
Nah, I have the opposite feeling

I can knock out an entire play through of Yellow, or Crystal in a couple of sit downs with the fast forward function on my phone's emulator

I have yet to beat AlphaSapphire or X because it feels too fucking slow to sit and grind through.
>>
>>25676919
I generally feel that way with digital games. It doesn't give you the same feeling as physical and there's less incentive to finish it.
>>
That emulator you posted is fucking magical, it lets you trade with yourself or with other phones, and if you play in portrait mode it's more or less like holding a gameboy in your hands. When I found it I thought for the first time that a real gameboy has no advantage over this.
>>
>>25680173
Which emulator is that?
>>
>>25680518
My OldBoy! for gbc and My Boy! for gba.
You need the paid versions if you want to trade between phones, but >paying for emulators
So look up the apks on android-apk.org, it's the only place where I found them virus free.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.