[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vp/ I just finished ORAS but I'm still craving more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hey /vp/

I just finished ORAS but I'm still craving more Pokemon, so I went back and actually managed to find both my copies of Diamond and Heart Gold

Which should I play?

>Things to keep in mind and help decide

-Gen 3 is my favorite
-I started with Gen 1 but don't remember the plot of Gold or Diamond all that well. I bought Diamond in the phase where Pokemon was "uncool" just to play it, and don't really remember much about the game. I played the original gold but don't remember it as well as Gen 1 or Gen 3 either, because I played Gen 3 so much, and I played Gen 1 twice with Yellow and FR/LG
-I've never played X or Y
-I don't know the difference between Gen 4 and 5, I had to look up whether HG came out after DPPt or after B&W

Basically, just due to circumstance, I fondly remember Gens 1 and 3, vaguely remember Gen 2, and have practically no memories of Gen 4 in addition to often confusing it with Gen 5

I mean, I could just play both games, but which would be better to play first?
>>
Diamond and Pearl are shit, while Heart Gold/Soul Silver are arguably the best games in the series.

The choice is obvious.
>>
>>25675443
What's shit about DP?
>>
Well, if you want to experience all of the generations at some point, then I'd probably try Diamond first. Of course Platinum is the better experience but I still think D/P going through the basic adventure should be good enough to let you form an opinion about it, and if you liked it then Platinum can offer a bit more to it.

Heart Gold is mostly just Gold but now in gen 4, better in some aspects but still kinda bad in which they never addressed the terrible level scaling as well as being on the gen 4 engine it's slow (All of the gen 4 games are pretty slow in general, just to let you know. I think D/P had the worst of it.) Does have more content than D/P for sure, and it is definitely more familiar to you as gen 2 is basically Jotho+Kanto.
>>
>>25675485
Many things. Platnium fixed about half of them. The battle speed and Pokemon distribution are the two biggest dealbreakers.

By the same merit, there's a lot of neat stuff in DPP. It has one of my favorite regions in the series.
>>
>>25675376
Don't play Diamond at all. Bland and slow gameplay, gimmicks are all inferior copies of gen 3 ones but stripped of the mechanics and the pokemon are shit.

Heart Gold is alright but the gimmicks that were neat in gen 2 just make the game extremely tedious and boring, the level scaling is also worse because they increased some leader levels but nothing else.

I'd say go with Heart Gold.
>>
>>25675503
>Platnium fixed about half of them.
Stop spreading this lie, plat didn't fix anything outside of the surf speed and dex.
>>
>>25675550
Stop being ignorant. Literally everyone says that Platinum fixed half or more of DPs issues.
>>
>>25675564
>everyone says it so it must be true!
Grow up and learn how to do things yourself instead of listening to people who want to make their favourite game look good.
Platinum didn't fix a thing, the battle speed was still slow and the game even dropped frames in big cities not even DP did that.
To top it off it fucked up the BF and added the entirely useless distortion world.
>>
>>25675628
>fucked up BF
Nigger what
>>
>>25675961
>removing all the unique facilities
>reducing the number of them to five
>making them tower clones with a throwaway gimmick
They fucked it up hard, no one liked it when it was revealed.
>>
>>25675376
Play both why the fuck are you asking here, retard?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.