[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /vp/, it's my first time visiting you guys and I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: SMb0Sm2.jpg (60 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
SMb0Sm2.jpg
60 KB, 460x347
So /vp/, it's my first time visiting you guys and I have a question:

Pokemon X/Y or Pokeman Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire?

Is it worth 45 bucks? It sounds like a lot for a pokemon game
>>
>>25675247

You don't want to ask /vp/ that opinion, they're biased as fuck and just parrot each other.
>>
>>25675247
/vp/ seems to almost universally hate ORAS aside from the odd contrarian, and I'm sure if the thread goes on long enough someone will post the nitpick chart talking about everything wrong with them.

X/Y you'll get more mixed opinions on. As for whether or not it's worth $45, I'm not the one to make that call.
>>
>>25675247
You shouldnt ask us man. We really only like a few things exclusively and say the same shit all the time
>>
XY is worth it.
ORAS isn't.
>>
>>25675247
If you played gen 3 and liked it, go ahead and grab ORAS, if you haven't played gen 3 at all, or didn't like it that much, grab XY. It's not as bad as /vp/ likes to think it is, and it's a nice starting/reentry point for someone in the series. Kinda handholdy, but it's not that bad. Nice variety of Pokemon, and with the exp share, it's pretty mild in difficulty.
>>
>>25675280
This basically
>>25675292
And this shit starts now
>>
>>25675247
If you played RSE, get XY. If you haven't played RSE, get ORAS. Also get ORAS if you want access to all the currently available Mega Evolutions.
I personally had a more enjoyable time with ORAS, but I know I'm in the minority here on that one.
>>
/vp/ is horribly biased in favor of pokemon, so as someone who hates gen 6 with a passion, let me give you an unbiased one.

X/Y

No. Utterly bad pieces of trash that weren't even worth the $20 I spent on them at the time. Terrible repettitive region, backtracking up the wazzoo, no good pokemon until end game, and the gym leaders and evil team are forgettable as fuck. Oh, and a really bad Anime inspired genocide story that makes SMT look kiod friendly. DO NOT BUY.

OR/AS
Better, but only ebcause their remakes. Mega pokemon shit up everything, tons of pandering, complete bastardization of Hoenn characters, Flannery is NOT hot anymore, Aqua look like gay bar divers and magma are geeks in hoodies Story is OKAY, untill the god forsaken Delta episode which fucks everything up horribly, introduces an unberable Mary sue, and tries to play off the game with bullshit time travel and quasi dimensional nonsense. Its like someone played 999 and went, WOW. LETS PUT THIS IN POKEMON! And actually thought it was good. DO NOT BUY EITHER.

Verdict: Go buy some other Pokemon game like HG/SS or Yokai watch if you want actual fun. Avoid gen 6 and future pokemon installments.

You're welcome.
>>
Are you 20+ OP?

If so don't buy either, you'll find it fun for a week, and then never come back to it. Just hack your 3DS and pirate it if you're curious, or go watch a letsplay. you'll get the same experience.
>>
>>25675247
ORAS is a more "polished" version of 3rd gen games, while not quite being emerald version, they at least add some of its features in some way or another.

BUT... it also holds your hand... WAY too much, to the point of ruining some of the "where do I go next on my adventure" feel, and its linear path becomes more noticeable.

(example being having to go back to the 2nd town, in order to do a gym battle)

The endgame content is some of the best in the series, having daily content thats a tad bit more interesting than prior games (imo at least.)

But, its just average over all.

There's some nice features, and most of the series legendaries are in it, if u feel you need more 'uber' tirer pokemon.

X and Y have a serious lack of content, and once u beat the elite4, u pretty much have;

A single room with mewtwo in it.
No endgame dungeon or zone, just the other half of a cave u were in before with a sub par uber in it.

and thats it. No trio, no zones or dungeons, just the typical battle mansion. (which is actually ok, and the friend safari helps make hidden moves easier (or harder) to get.

But it is nice to have a custom graphic other players get to look at, when u battle. (Though u cant use some of the new ORAS moves or megas)
>>
>>25675382
Can you PLEASE. type like a normal human being? Cut it out with this "u talk lik dis" nonsense, what are you, 12?
>>
>>25675397
"u" had to get half way through it, before I even used a single "u" in that.
Nor did I use a "lik" or "dis"

Sorry if typing on my phone is an inconvenient for "u".
(What are you, 20? Why is it always the 19-25 year olds who act like grammar nazis? There's more important things in the world, and in all places to complain about grammar. You're in a childrens video game thread.)
>>
>>25675379
Pokemon is for monster collecting, watching a let's play is a faggot man's choice in comparison.
>>
>>25675262
>>25675280
>>25675328

Kek
>>
File: 1273564112895.jpg (216 KB, 1572x1088) Image search: [Google]
1273564112895.jpg
216 KB, 1572x1088
X/Y is the staple Gen 6 choice if you had to pick one or the other.
If you are a true Pokemon fan though and want to keep playing postgame content I seriously recommend OR/AS which has more polish and has the definitive Pokedex that inclues exclusive Megas.
The breeding is also more streamlined and intuitive at the Battle Resort. This paired with the massive amount of legendaries you can hunt for after the Delta Episode campaign makes for a well fleshed out game as long as you like Hoen.
>>
File: 1311275381898.jpg (91 KB, 558x689) Image search: [Google]
1311275381898.jpg
91 KB, 558x689
>>25675543
Also forgot to mention the new Soaring mechanic where you get your personal Latios/Latias mount to fly over the overworld. Not only does it feel great to fly to your destination, freeing up the necessity for the HM Fly makes for a nice touch to post game free roaming.
>>
OP here, Hoenn was my region of choice back in the day. I had some good fun with Ruby, then later became addicted to Emerald (to the point that it was the only pokemon in which I actually beat the elite 4).

After a bit of consideration, I've decided to go for omega ruby. Money isn't scarce on my side and pirating my 3DS sounds bricky, so I'll just give these Nintendo jews my money and be done with it.
>>
>>25675607
And I forgot to mention, thanks for the feedback. You guys are actually less shitpostey than /v/, which is appreciated.

Keep on trucking with your pokemon autism, /vp/.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>25675350
>let me give you an unbiased one.
>spout a lot of buzzwords as if the game was the encarnation of satan
Top kek

>Terrible repettitive region
There's nothing repetitive, if anything XY is more variable because you can customize your own trainer and do a lot of extra stuff in Lumiose, the routes also are pretty nice with a lot of scenaries.
>backtracking up the wazzoo
There's no backtracking in the game besides when you fight Team Flare for the last time, the region is just "conected" instead of a straight line, so you pass for Lumiose 2 times
>no good pokemon until end game
Most retarded point of all the post, pretty much EVERYBODY agrees that XY has the most varied dex in the series, you has a lots of mons per route, the thing is always fresh and you has more than 450 options in a single game.
>and the gym leaders and evil team are forgettable as fuck
I agree that the story and evil team is not better than team plasma, it was a step down, but I don't think that a single think like that lowers the game quality.

>About ORAS
Not even going to reply because the concentration buzzwords is too much for me (besides wasting more time replying to something dumb like that)
>>
>>25675247
I bought x for $40 new last month and was happy with it, but if you want to play competitive get ORAS
>>
>>25675689
>Posting the same thing three times

Stop spamming.
>>
>>25675689
>Buzzwords

What? Not a single post in that spiel was a buzzword,. do you have corn in your eyes or something?

>Terrible
>Repetitive
>Forgettable

If you think these are buzzwords, you seriously need to get out more kiddo. The internet isnt healthy for people like you.
>>
>>25675689
>Pass through lumioose twice

What a boldfaced lie. You come back through lumiose at least 5-6 times.

Clemonts gym
Diantha in the cafe
Sycamore
Several times passing through
Team flares Cafe
More times passing through

2 times my ass.
>>
>>25675350
>someone who hates gen 6 with a passion,
>let me give you an unbiased one.
Nigger
>>
>>25676836
All his comparations were over the top, very typical of a fedora try hard.
>complete bastardization of Hoenn characters
(The characters are literally BETTER, both Team Magma and Aqua has much more characterization and individual personality)
>a really bad anime inspired genocide
(buzzwords)
>Aqua look like gay bar divers
(buzzwords, team aqua looks like legit pirates now, also the old Archie clothes didn't made sense with his team)
>tries to play off the game with bullshit time travel and quasi dimensional nonsense
(buzzwords, besides, there's no time travel)
Nothing of this makes sense, they're just words of impact to "reinforce" his flawless point (aka buzzwords).
Also, he is being immature for desconsidering everything involving "war" or "other dimensions" in a kid's game and using it as a point for it being "bad". Just embrace the fantasy and stop being a fag, this is pokémon, a game with magical creatures, what is the problem with the plot involving crazy shit? Pokémon story never was something groundbreaking, so don't be so assmad about it just now.

>>25676861
Remembering now you pass through Lumiose EXACTLY 3 times (at least to finish the game), in the first one is when the city is in a blackout (Sycamore and Diantha events), the second one is after Lumiose Badlands (Route 13, you do Clemont's gym in this visit), and the last one is when you need to invade the Lysandre cafe, I don't know why you listed all these things like if they were a backtrack each one. There's no ""Several times passing through2"", you're the one taking things out of the ass.
>>
>>25678859
>The characters are literally BETTER
Tabitha as a fat fuck who whines about food, and Mat as some Gay "MY BRO" body builder is GOOD to you? Robotic courtney and fashonista shelly are GOOD?! Jesus christ man. Its the epitome of base archetypes/ they were fine just as they were, no over the trop dramatics and simple experienced grunts who got shit done.
>(buzzwords)
Fuck off. Its to pander to the Evangelion faggots and you know it.
>team aqua looks like legit pirates now
PFFTAHAHAHA okay, now thats a good one. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? "Look like pirates" Who the fuck wears a wetsuit and gold anchor chain like some hoodlum gangster? Thats not a pirate, a Pirate carried a cutlass, and wears a stylish captain's coat and expensive underclothes, not look like some trashed crackhead gangsta who went diving in the ocean. Jesus christ, I can't believe you think that actually looks like a pirate captain, Stop watching fucking One Piece already. Francis drake was a pirate. Edward teach was a pirate. Follow their example if you want a REAL pirate.
>everything involving "war" or "other dimensions" in a kid's game and using it as a point for it being "bad".
You said it yourself. it's pokemon, not Dr Who. Not some sci-fi drama. Theres literally no point to the multiuniverses, and its a sad roundabout just to explain away why megas dont exist in other gens. Thats all. Pokemon is simple. Its been that way for years. why change it now? Because its what the kids are into. Thats why.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.