[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talking Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 38386_subitem_full.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
38386_subitem_full.jpg
172 KB, 1280x720
So Meowth brute-forced himself to talk.
The Gastly in the shrine-maiden episode could talk. It was probably to better troll people.
Mewtwo was inherently able to talk.
And now we have Detective Pikachu with its one-person-only communication ability.
There's plenty of other legendary ones or regular Pokemon instances that I don't remember.

Would you teach your Pokemon to talk if you had the chance? Or does that make sending them to fight too weird for you?
>>
>>25673045
>There's plenty of other legendary ones or regular Pokemon instances that I don't remember

Pretty much every legendary can
>>
i'd teach a muk to debate philosophy
>>
>>25673045
What would we talk about?
>>
File: tumblr_lyczzxnLH01ro7tlco1_500.gif (394 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyczzxnLH01ro7tlco1_500.gif
394 KB, 500x376
>>25673098
If I could make a ghost type talk I'd wanna learn more about what makes ghosts tick.

Also I'd wanna better coordinate some spooky pranks with it.
>>
For the games, here's an idea of what Pokemon would say if they could.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dr._Footstep
>>
>>25673256
>"Humans can't understand the cries of Pokémon, nor our feelings."

Being a Pokemon is suffering.
>>
>>25673045
>Would you teach your Pokemon to talk if you had the chance? Or does that make sending them to fight too weird for you?
Didn't it take years and cause him to neglect his physical training that wasn't walking? I think he mentions not being able to learn payday because of it.
>>
File: 57.jpg (150 KB, 539x946) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
150 KB, 539x946
>>25673256
>There are no Pokémon that dislike humans... Only humans that dislike Pokémon... We Pokémon are especially shunned
Most of those entries are full of feels
>>
>>25673340
So not if I wanted to battle with it I guess. Pokemon and trainers look like they are able to get along fine without speaking the same language.
>>
File: scared.jpg (44 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
44 KB, 420x500
>>25673256
>"Ssshhhnnn... ... Ssshhhnnn... ... Ssshhhnnn... ..."
>>
No, because that would send me straight to the pokejail.
>>
>>25673382
Would the pokepolice read you your rights?
Would you be provided a pokelawyer to represent you in poke-court?
>>
>>25673399
>poke-court

Just a bunch of Officer Jennys as the lawyers and judge, and Nurse Joys as the jury
>>
Well, the barrier seems to be pointless to anything with psychic abilities, but I think there is something about them that makes us unable to understand them. They can understand us quite clearly, so why can't they make the sounds as well? Something muddles them as pokespeak, but if that's the case, then those that have a close bond with them, why can't they understand them? I suppose they wanted them to be more animalistic in that regard, but it's like having a cat person speak in meows to me. There's something incomplete about it. I do not believe the barrier should exist for those that possess a true bond.
>>
>>25673514

>They can understand us quite clearly

Not as much as you think.

There a bunch of dex entries that make it sound like it's unusual for a Pokemon to truly understand human language, and then there's this:
>"However, there are some among us that understand human speech..."
>>
>>25673810
If that was true, then the pokemon world as we know it would not exist. They would have to be able to coordinate and plan. This is more than training, it is understanding. No creature from our world would be able to be conditioned to do what pokemon do in this world, not by a long shot.
>>
>>25673810
This makes me wonder.
The Pokemon that understand human speech- are they species specific or is it a sort of rare trait found in nature like shinies?
>>
>>25673098
How much we love each other!
>>
I'd be more interested in having pokemon speech subtitled. We had it once in Island of the Giant Pokemon, but never again. Why? It makes sense in scenes with no trainers, which happen all the time.

Electric Tale of Pikachu knew it was bullshit to have pokemon just poke speak in scenes with no trainers so they gave them dialogue. The anime should follow suit.
>>
>>25673810
But this >>25673315 is implying they at least understand our feelings and know what we refer to in battle clearly

Though when pokemon first use new moves they usually miss or fail
>>
>Please be nicer to me!
>>
>>25673089
kek
>>
File: 53.gif (4 MB, 273x224) Image search: [Google]
53.gif
4 MB, 273x224
>>25673256
Trainer is very impressive, especially for a human. The Trainer always lets Nickname use every bit of power properly. It is a shame that Trainer is only a human...
>It is a shame that Trainer is only a human
Wait what?
>>
>>25676889
This is one step away from interspecies action.
>>
>>25673045
Meowth talking is a meme, its literally fucking impossible for something that isnt human to make the language sounds we make, if chimps had a similar vocal chord structure then they could talk. Psychic pokemon dont really talk they just make voices in your head that speak in your language to communicate to you.
>>
>>25673256

Level 1 (no hearts, Pokémon moves away from the stylus)

Tough, footprints: "Why does Trainer always use other Pokémon? Am I not needed much? Would I have been better off if I remained in the wild? No, I should give this Trainer a little more of a chance..."

Cute, footprints: "Aw... Trainer only plays with other Pokémon... Nickname feels neglected... Maybe Trainer doesn't like Nickname very much? Nickname will try harder for Trainer. Please be nicer to me!"

Slow, footprints: "Hnurrrr... Hunh? This is... where? Trainer’s house, is this? It’s not? Hnurrr... If you don’t need me for anything, can I go back to my Ball? Hnurrr..."

Scary, footprints: "That Trainer... What is that Trainer thinking? Why make me join the team, then call upon me for nothing? Am I considered useless? Is the Trainer regretting having me? Does the Trainer dare disrespect this Pokémon so easily?"

Tough, no footprints: "Does Trainer intend to ignore me forever? Give me more opportunities for me to shine...
"
Cute, no footprints: "Nickname is bored... Play with me more, more... Nickname and Trainer, let’s play nicer..."

Slow, no footprints: "Hnurrr... I did not know that? I really don’t? What is this? I don’t know what to say? Hnurrr..."

Scary, no footprints: "Wooooooh... Nickname has nothing to do... Keep me too bored, and I’m liable to sneak up and bite..."
>>
File: Using that word.jpg (17 KB, 179x180) Image search: [Google]
Using that word.jpg
17 KB, 179x180
>>25676984

>Meowth talking is a meme
>>
>>25673045
Most Pokemon are at dog (or particularly smart cat) level of intelligence. They understand tone very well and can be taught to understand a few words (mostly their/other's names and commands)

As for speaking, very few species as well as individual Pokemon have the combined drive and intelligence to pursue speech, alongside the necessary throat organs.

Additionally, a good portion of individual Pokemon that are smart and driven enough to talk also happen to be Psychic type, which with their abilities can likely talk in other's minds and thus not need to learn. That's how Mewtwo, Jirachi, Hoopa talk- through psychic magic bullshit their intentions are translated to words we understand.
>>
>>25673045
If pokemon could talk

Hydreigon-DESTROY DESTROY DESTROY MUST DESTROY EVERYTHING FUCK EVERYTHING I MUST DESTROY IT AL HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Gengar-Give me your soul
Chandelure-This talking fuel amuses me
Charizard-Bring me your greatest figher!
Gardevoir-Master I love you so much I love you far more than your biological ancestry or what you call parents my love for you is something that transcends time and space and all logic I will always love you plz master dont leave me.
Gallade-Master I shall protect you all the time no being will harm you while I am around
Gothitelle-I have already seen your cessation human enjoy your limited control over me for now however
Porygon-Analyzing species human emotion displayed love response searching through registry I love you human is showing compassion.
Porygon-2-This world is not logical this creature for some reason makes me slowly destroy other creatures similar to I what strange things these humans are
Porygon-Z-Lower dimensional beings have no understanding of the objectivity of reality.
Swalot-Im going to eat you now
Primeape-Hey human giibs me dat shit motherfucker or Ill beat yo ass fo sure damn
Dragonite-Dont run I am not menacing at all human.
Lapras-Stop hunting me plz my people are hurting
Machamp-HEY BRO YOU WANNA FIGHT LETS DO THIS YHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Delphox-This should be a nice place to test my newest spell
Greninja-Speech is for those who wish to be seen
Murkrow-The beginning of my name isnt a coincidence my human trainer relax dont worry about something happening to you while you sleep tonight heheheheee
Bisharp-Im going to stab you now
>>
>>25678404
I consider your post canon.
+1
>>
>>25673045
In the Ashnime, pokemon can fully understand human speech. Pikachu has actually communicated with Ash a few times through pantomiming. But in the games, very few pokemon can do that. They only understand simple commands. They wouldn't be able to learn how to talk no matter how hard they tried.
>>
>>25676947
>>25676889
I thought that was just a thing about the lifespan of a human.
In japanese folklore beasts and yokai are effectively unaging so there's lots of stories about magical beings falling in love with humans only to be dismayed at how their life seems to go in the blink of an eye
>>
>>25673045
Chatot naturally can speak, so can a transformed zoroark
>>
>>25678404
>Greninja
>not "Abwuhwuhbwuhppppbbbbbbbtt"
Seriously how is he supposed to say anything his tongue is wrapped around his neck.
>>
>>25673256
Man this is sad. I wanna talk to my mons. Where's that device they were developing at Devon's corp when you need it?
>>
>>25680223
Too useful and not profitable enough.
Art imitates life.
>>
>>25678404
moar
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.