[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3v3 is a REALLY stupid format. How are you supposed to counter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: peeeeepeeeeee.png (2 KB, 595x595) Image search: [Google]
peeeeepeeeeee.png
2 KB, 595x595
3v3 is a REALLY stupid format. How are you supposed to counter all major threats with three pokemon? One single bad switch or a critical can take out 1/'3 of your team.

Who actually prefers it?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>25672446
I do. I like the idea of a bad switch being really punishing. Also you'really supposed to dedicate half your team to beating the shit out of the mons that destroy your mains.

That or go full Karenfag
>>
me
>>
>>25672446
it's called strategy, OP
>>
6v6 is fine for friends but tournaments should be 3v3 since the point is to test teamcrafting
>>
>How are you supposed to counter all major threats with three pokemon?
by outplaying your opponent and knowing how to use team preview
>>
Yeah, I agree. They really need to make a Battle Spot 6v6.
>>
>>25672510
Is that the reason no one will battle me
>>
>>25672510
You can't outplay your opponent with team preview BEFORE the battle because you have no fucking idea how they play.

Team preview works better in 6v6 and 4v4 because you have more options without getting punished as hard if you predict wrong. In 3v3 it's practically a coin flip because you're both trying to outpredict each other, and a wrong match up can possibly cost the entire match because of how limited your choices are.
>>
>>25672747
making a well constructed team and knowing how to analyze team preview is all part of ensuring you don't get a bad matchup, and in 6v6 if you get a bad matchup you are fucked immediately since you don't have any alternatives but to bring all 6
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.