[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which final starter evolution from each generation is your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 407x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 407x720
Which final starter evolution from each generation is your favorite and why?
>>
>>25672108
Charizard
Feraligatr
Sceptile
Empoleon
Samurott
Chesnaught

I like lizards, liked Empoleon's aesthetic, prefer dogs to pointy faced snakes and no neck pigs, and the fox was shit while the frog is nice but the chipmunk looked slick in armor.
>>
Blastoise
Enjoy, like and respect all 3
Blaziken
They are all terrible, gen 4 was a mistake
Serperior, Emboar is also great
Chesnaught, but Greninja is respectable as well.
>>
>Blastoise
>Meganium
>Sceptile
>Empoleon
>Samurott
>Chesnaught

Overall top tier designs, aesthetically pleasing to say the least
>>
File: 2vrv8gg-1.jpg (111 KB, 145x1595) Image search: [Google]
2vrv8gg-1.jpg
111 KB, 145x1595
venusaur, because he's a lumbering beast.

Feraligater, my all time favorite starter because he's brutal AF.

Swampert because muscle beast.

torterra because he has a fucking tree on his back.
Probably the only starter whose finale form I actually like more that the second form.

Jesus, I didn't know how much I hated the fifth gen starters until I asked to choose my favorite.
I'm going to go ahead & plead the fifth for fifth.
But I have used a ROM cheat to start off with a litwick as my starter instead because I had never used one before, & it was so fucking worth it.

I guess if I had to choose after thinking about it, I'd say serperior,l. Even though I had smugleaf, & the second one. Even though I lick tepig everytime I have to.
>>
>>25673223
Got sloppy at the end.

*Even though I hate smugleaf, & the second one. Even though I pick tepig everytime I have to.
>>
>>25672108

charizard
ferligatr
sceptile
torterra
samurott
greninja
>>
Blastoise
Feraligatr
Blaziken
Empoleon
Serperior
Delphox

Venusaur
Meganium
Sceptile
Infernape
Samurott
Greninja

Charizard
Quilava
Swampert
Torterra
Emboar
Chesnaught

R8 me m8s
>>
>>25672108
>Charizard
Dragon bias and maybe some nostalgia.
>Typhlosion
Nostalgia. Cyndaquil was my first starter.
>Sceptile
See Charizard minus the nostalgia.
>Empoleon
Penguins are my favorite animal.
>Emboar
Muh Ganon.
>Greninja
Ninja>Wizard>Juggernaut
>>
>Venusaur
Muh nostalgia
>Feraligatr
I love crocodiles
>Sceptile
No particular reason, it just looks better
>Torterra
Fantastic concept
>Emboar
A FIRE BEARD
>it's a toss between Greninja and Chesnaught
>>
>>25672108
Charizard, I don't like it that much though. All the kanto starters are pretty "meh" but Charizard is the most interesting at least.

Typhlosion, also my favourite pokemon. Feraligatr is good too.

Sceptile, but Swampert is good too. Blaziken is an abomination.

Torterra is the best but all the gen 4 starters are amazing

Samurott is 10/10, no idea why so many people hate it. Serperior and Emboar are okay.

Grenina is good, Chestnaught and Delphox are okay.
>>
File: 1437384012090.jpg (12 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
1437384012090.jpg
12 KB, 175x175
Anyone who says Chesnaught or Delphox has objectively bad taste.
>>
>Venusaur
>Typhlosion
>Swampert
>Empoleon
>Emboar
>Chesnaught
>>
Hmm. Probably, solely based on the designs,

>Charizard
>Feraligatr
>Sceptile
>Infernape
>Serperior
>Greninja
>>
File: 1456963266205.jpg (118 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
1456963266205.jpg
118 KB, 1024x708
>Blastoise
>Feraligatr
>Honestly not sure. Not interested in any of them
>Empoleon
>Emboar
>Chesnaught

I guess I like the bulky types? They seem like the best bros and fit the stater archetype well.
>>
>Venusaur
>Feraligatr
>Swampert
>Torterra
>Samurott
>Delphox
>>
>Blastoise
I think from all the starters of all gens, he looks the most badass.
>Typhlosion
I like the other two as much, but Typhlosion was a bro back in Crystal.
>Sceptile
Only liked Grovyle, and Sceptile slowly grew on me over the years.
The other two starters also grew on me.
>Torterra
Favorite starter and 2nd favorite pokemon.
Love the design.
If pokemon were real I would pass the summer evenings under its tree.
>Serperior
The only design I liked from the three.
>Greninja
I like the tongue scarf, good concept.
Chesnaught's concept is also ok, but I don't like how long the arms are.
>>
Blastoise
Typhlosion
no idea. none of them appeal to me.
Empoleon
Samurott
Gen 6 are okay, 1 doesn't stand above the rest for me tho
>>
>Charizard
Nostalgia.
>Meganium
I know it's basically the worst starter but the memories from PMD made it my favorite. Also grass is my favorite type.
>Sceptile
first choice playing Ruby for the first time, favorite type
>Empoleon
Penguins are fuckin' great. It loses its grass type weakness too, so that's nice.
>Serperior
Pig is ugly, otter looks weird. I'll go with the snake. Also, favorite type.
>Greninja
It's a gosh darn ninja.

As you can see, I don't really like fire types.
>>
>>25672108

>Gen 1
Charizard because it's a god damn fire breathing "dragon". Blastoise is cool too, Venusaur ugly.

>Gen II
Feraligatr because im a reptile faggot and carnivores are cooler than herbivores ( no vorefag )

>Gen III
Swampert, I'm also a huge Amphibian faggot and I just liked the design the most.

>Gen IV

Infernape. I know I said I'm a reptile faggot, but I don't care for Ankylosaurus, and Empoleon's design is a carnival of nonsense.

>Gen V
Serperior because QT snake

>Gen VI
Greninja. It actually took me a bit to warm up to this design, but it actually looks really cool when it's just being mellow with it's sideways slit eyed expression.
>>
>>25672108

>Venusaur
I find it's design more interesting than the others, and Blastiose is washed out with smaller cannons now.
>Typhlosion
It's a weird fire bear/weasel/badger thing.
>Sceptile
Great design.
>Torterra
Torterra is cool because it's a stegosaur.
>Serperior
Other options are ugly pig and digimon.
>Delphox
Its witch-like design is interesting, although the 3d model is very lacking. In-game favorite is Greninja.
>>
>>25672108
>Gen1
Blastoise because canons
>Gen2
Feraligatr because the other ones really overdid it with the "plain and boring" design
>Gen3
Sceptile but all of them are almost perfect
>Gen4
Torterra because it's brutal as fuck
>Gen5
Emboar because it proved itself as a bro in a generation full of shit starters
>Gen6
Chesnaught because of smiliar reasons as Emboar. Greninja might have been nice too but Chesnaught proved it's worth faster
>>
> Gen 1
Charizard for being a kick ass dragon that can take you to the skies.
> Gen 2
Feraligatr by elimination. Looks better while swimming/on all fours.
> Gen 3
Tree dinosaur with nice palette and leaf swords. Actually got one of the few decent looking megas.
> Gen 4
Torterra for being a giant turtle. Travel the world with a tent and other equipment strapped to his back.
> Gen 5
????
> Gen 6
Going to go for Greninja as the least anthro.
>>
>>25672108
Venusaur
Feraligatr (used to be Meganium but that was a dark age)
Sceptile
Torterra
Emboar
Greninja
>>
File: gooby_pointing.png (36 KB, 225x178) Image search: [Google]
gooby_pointing.png
36 KB, 225x178
>>25674807
>Torterra
>stegosaur
Pic related
>>
>>25675538
it's a new meme fresh from this morning
>>
I - Charizard
It's a tough call between it and Venusaur.
II - Typhlosion
My favorite Pokémon of all time, but love Feraligatr and Meganium as well.
III - Sceptile
It's a shame I disliked its moveset so much in Emerald. Also really dig Swampert.
IV - Torterra
Empoleon is cool too.
V - Serperior
Literally the only decent one.
VI - Greninja
Chesnaught's cool too.
>>
>Venusaur
Honestly I like them all pretty much the same, but I always had a bit of a soft spot for Venusaur since it wasn't on either box and none of my friends liked it.
>Feraligatr
It's tall. It kind of looks like the 1998 Godzilla. I don't like Typhlosion or Meganium that much.
>Swampert
100% nostalgia; first starter in my first Pokemon game that I actually owned for myself and didn't have to borrow off a friend.
>Torterra
Ankylosaurs are the tits
>Emboar
It honestly is kind of ugly, but I don't think it's overdesigned compared to the other two.
>Chesnaught
I... guess?
>>
>Charizard
i like blastoise and venusaur too but ya cant beat a freaking dragon
>Typhlosian
comfy fire bro
>Swampert
months ago i woulda said blaziken but once again, shits comfy
>Infernape?
i didnt really like any of the gen 4 starters
>Serperior
very elegant looking
>Chesnaught
all hail grass paladin
>>
>>25672108
Gen 1: Venusaur, it never gets any love and that's a shame since its not a bad Pokemon.
Gen 2: Typhlosion, it was my starter in Silver and it helped me get all the way to Red, its been my favorite ever since.
Gen 3: Swampert, I like it a lot due to it being able to take down a majority of the gym leaders in Hoenn, I've used all three but it is my favorite of the bunch.
Gen 4: This is a tough one but I'd say Infernape due to it being my first choice with Diamond, I have used all three and loved them all though.
Gen 5: Serperior, I knew immediately upon first seeing Snivy that I would have it be my first choice when Black and White came stateside back when it was called Smugleaf and I loved using it too.
Gen 6: Delphox, like with Snivy I knew I would choose Fennekin first no matter what its final evolution was, upon learning it would become Fire/Psychic I loved it even more.
>>
>Venusaur
Was my bro in Gen 1, has a neat concept (animal and plant that grows up together), and was fun to see him succeed despite his laundry list of weaknesses and getting fucked by every legendary in the game as I tried to catch them. Grass in Gen 1 in general was pretty hype. Charizard was pretty cool but I liked it more as a rival to Venusaur. Blastoise jumped the shark from GOAT design Wartortle and continues to get fucked now (Mega Blastoise shoots water out of his mouth what the fuck?).
>Typhlosion
Favorite starter line of all time. I remember soloing most of Gold like the 9 year old retard I was with him until Chuck fucked my shit up when I didn't one-shot his Poliwrath. Feraligatr doesn't appeal me me because of his weird lumps and is a better rivalmon, and Meganium would be good if it had a bit more attack focus. Bulky Grass doesn't work when you're weak to everything and just want to kick ass.
>Swampert
Was actually my least favorite going into Gen 3, but Blaziken was underwhelming being split between physical and special, and Grovyle kept getting swept so I tried Mudkip and fell in love with his goofy ass. Mega Swampert is pretty cool too.
>Torterra
Gave a lot of Venusaur vibes, but kicks a lot of ass. Also world turtle! The others were just not as good by comparison.
>Emboar
I love pigs, Emboar's got a fucking fire beard, is bulky, and kicks ass while getting speed boosts from set up moves. Serperior falls into the "bulky but useless grass starter" problem, and Dewott's more charming than Samurott personally.
>Greninja
This one is pretty hard, all 3 are cool in their own way, but Delphox's design in the game is just a bit too weird, and I haven't really gotten a chance to use Chesnaught yet, so I'm going with Greninja because he's got a neat design and some versatility. Maybe this'll change in the future?
>>
>Venusaur
My first starter
>Typhlosion
Cyndaquil was my favorite pokemon as a kid
>Sceptile
I'm a grassfag
>Torterra
See Sceptile
>Samurott
Didn't like him at first, but he grew on me
>Chesnaught
Current favorite starter
>>
>>25672233
Really, you don't like Torterra at least? He's one of the better designed pokemon period, imo.
>>
>>25672108
>charizard
>feraligatr
>swampert
>torterra
>samurott
>greninja
Just because.

I never realized i liked the water starters so much, but my top 3 is definitley
Charizard, torterra and feraligatr
>>
File: Water-Ground Pokemon.png (294 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Water-Ground Pokemon.png
294 KB, 768x576
>>25672108

>Blastoise

Turtles are cool, turtles with attitude are cooler, turtles with attitude and giant cannons are the coolest.

>Feraligatr

It's a fucking giant alligator.

>Swampert

Mudskippers are neat, as are axolotls, and something about Swampert's design is just appealing to me.

>Empoleon

It's a penguin with blades for flippers.

>Serperior

The first and only break in the Water-starter streak due to what a disappointment Samurott wound up being. Very elegant in a way that none of the other grass starters had been up until that point, and Snivy is great.

>Greninja

I like the origami look, and I've always been partial to monsters with giant tongues as part of their design like Lickitung, Shellder, or the old sprite for Golbat.
>>
>Pretty much a tie, but Charizard just edges it out. Wartortle is my favorite stage of any starter, though.
>Feraligatr
>Dislike all of them, but Swampert is the lesser evil
>Torterra/Empoleon are neck and neck
>Serperior
>Chesnaught
>>
>>25672108
>Venusaur
Cool looking and a lot more useful than its counterparts
>All
>Sceptile/Swampert
>All
>All
>Delphox
Aways liked pokemon that are based of wisardry, like Mismagius, and I like foxes
>>
File: tumblr_mise6pL1qF1qmfedso1_1280.jpg (134 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mise6pL1qF1qmfedso1_1280.jpg
134 KB, 720x450
>>25672108
>Charizard
Loved dragons as a kid, still love it.

>Feraligatr
Initially started with Typholsion, but I ended up liking Feraligatr more after constantly fighting with the rival in Gold & Silver.

>Blaziken
Loved that it was a fighting type as well as fire, just a generally reliable Pokemon for me.

>Torterra
Loved the design at first sight, it was everything I wanted Venasaur to be.

>Serperior
Snivy looked the most interesting to me, and it ended up being one of my favorite Pokemon.

>Greninja
I actually tossed a coin to choose between Froakie and Chespin because I loved their theme of being RPG classes.
>>
>Venusaur

>Typhlosion

>Swampert

>Torterra

>serviper

>Chesnaught
>>
Venusaur
Feraligatr
Swampert
Infernape
Samurott
Greninja
>>
>>25672108
Charizard or Blastoise
Feraligator
Swampert
Cant decide they are all great best starter line up, for now its Torterra
Emboar
Can't Decide either for now its Chesnaught
>>
Venusaur because it's a green dinosaur
Meganium because it's a green dinosaur
Sceptile because it's a green reptile
Infernape because it has a cool moveset
I don't like the gen 5 starters, not even Serperior, its design seems confuse to me
Delphox because it's a fox wizard and isn't furry sexualized garbage like Braixen
>>
I always pick Bulbasaur but Blastoise is my favorite.

All of them are lame, Feraligatr is the least lame.

Sceptile is the shit.

Torterra is the shit.

Serperior is the best of the three.

Chesnaught is the shit.
>>
Blastoise
Typhlosion
Blaziken
Empoleon
Dewott (screw you GF)
Greninja
>>
>>25673379
>Quilava
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.